Not Working In Uk: Xiaomi Mijia Dafang Home 1080p Hd

Benww

Members
Oct 11, 2017
Ok,

So this has just been delivered to me in the UK and I cannot get it to connect. When using a US server or any server other than the 'mainland' the device isn't in the list.

When selecting the mainland server the device is in the list but it will not connect, saying there is an error even though I select the right product.

I have tried to connect to the camera using the old Mijia Camera as the 'device' and it connects but when it's tried to actually get video from the camera it gets stuck on a further connecting screen.

The MAC address starts 34.

Any ideas what to do next???

Ok,

So this has just been delivered to me in the UK and I cannot get it to connect. When using a US server or any server other than the 'mainland' the device isn't in the list.

When selecting the mainland server the device is in the list but it will not connect, saying there is an error even though I select the right product.

I have tried to connect to the camera using the old Mijia Camera as the 'device' and it connects but when it's tried to actually get video from the camera it gets stuck on a further connecting screen.

The MAC address starts 34.

Any ideas what to do next???
Make sure your Mi Home APP is updated, also check the locale is 100% set to Chinese mainland. From there, try a camera reset and re add the camera and see where to go from there by posting back what happens with those steps.

Reactions: Benww
Got mine today also, Im in Australia- same problem. It wont connect. Set location to Mainland China. Just wont connect and times out

Make sure your Mi Home APP is updated, also check the locale is 100% set to Chinese mainland. From there, try a camera reset and re add the camera and see where to go from there by posting back what happens with those steps.

Got it working. Deleted the app and downloaded again, before signing in to the app I selected Mainland there. Then when looking it that seemed to make the difference along with the reset.

Have you experienced problems accessing the camera using normal 4G data when out of the house? Whilst out just it would not connect. As soon as I was back on a wifi network it connected fine...

Got mine today also, Im in Australia- same problem. It wont connect. Set location to Mainland China. Just wont connect and times out

Try downloading the app again and before you log in, in the top right select mainland. Then log in and add the device.

On advice above I also reset the unit. Powering it down, switching on and holding reset button until led goes out and flashes. Power down again and do the same again until you hear the Chinese voice. Then connect.

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. Initially i could not connect. however after a few trys, it connected without doing anything new.

I can connect the camera, and it says it is online but when you view it it will timeout 50% of the time.

the other 50%, it will show the image for around 30 seconds and then stop updating the feed.

Another problem i have, is that there are no controls to pan, tilt and zoom in the app. this is shown in the picture attached.

does anyone know how to fix this? perhaps a beta version of MiHome app?

My location is set to mainland china and always has been.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-10-11-14-49-10.png
    SmartSelectImage_2017-10-11-14-49-10.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,884
Hi,

I am having a similar problem. Initially i could not connect. however after a few trys, it connected without doing anything new.

I can connect the camera, and it says it is online but when you view it it will timeout 50% of the time.

the other 50%, it will show the image for around 30 seconds and then stop updating the feed.

Another problem i have, is that there are no controls to pan, tilt and zoom in the app. this is shown in the picture attached.

Looks like a different App. Use a QR reader to scan the first QR code in the manual and it will take you to the App Store and the right app

Hi,

The pan, tilt is for the Xiaobai 360 camera / Dafeng 1080p, the MiJia Smart Camera 1080p is not mechanical in any way. Also that does not look much like Mi Home APP plugin? Check Google Play or Apple Store online for 'Mi Home' and make sure the company is Xiaomi. For the timeout, do you have any router based firewalls in place?

Last edited:
Try downloading the app again and before you log in, in the top right select mainland. Then log in and add the device.

On advice above I also reset the unit. Powering it down, switching on and holding reset button until led goes out and flashes. Power down again and do the same again until you hear the Chinese voice. Then connect.

Thanks, I have done exactly that at least 6 times. It just times out.

got it working, uninstalled the app, installed again, choose China server and then login. add new device and this time all worked

Reactions: Benww
Hi all!

Yesterday I received my Xiaomi Dafang in Spain. I am fighting to connect and use it. By the moment is imposible to link with my account. I have tried Google Play app also the app included in user-manual QR code. Always with locales set to the first option (mainland).
I realize that the first 30 second the camera connects to wifi and respond to ping but is not listed in my devices. In other cases the camera is connected to wifi, it responds to ping, blue led fixed, but the same case, it is not listed in my devices.

Can somebody share more information....by the moment I am very disappointed with the product.

Regards.

UPDATE: finally the camera works fine in Spain. After try more than 20 times I change the steps and it works, inclusive the camera pan and till.
I am going to detail the steps I follow:

1- Uninstall the app and reinstall the app from google play, version 4.2.5
2-Set locale as China Mainland (if you do not see that, it is the first one with Chinese letters) and Language to English.
3-Create a new account with this new setup (I do not know if is really necessary)
4-Add the new camera as device. Select the the device with its name end with '1080'.
5-Press the setup button about 10 second to make a camera full reset.
6-Press the setup button again one, then confirm in app.
7-Select the wifi network to connect the camera (in this case I was connected to one wifi and I connected the camera to a different Wifi, I do not know if this was the key).
8-Show the QR code to camera and confirm at app,
9-At this step I do not hear the Chinese record before 100%, the process complete without any voice message.
10- The last step is assign the camera to a room.

With this steps I have my Xiaomi Dafang runnin in Spain with full controll.

I hope this will be helpfull.

Regards.

got it working, uninstalled the app, installed again, choose China server and then login. add new device and this time all worked
Hi, I just received mine and I am in Australia as well. I have tried the steps outlined by cpocarlos but can't get it working. Does anyone know if I have to do anything special when I set up my account such as pretending to be in China too or creating a profile with an Australian email address is ok? I initially tried other servers and once got the setup to go right through but when I tried to connect it stalled at 1/3 stage and no picture appeared from the camera. Any help for this noobie would be appreciated

I've tried unsuccessfully to get this to work. I eventually managed to bring up what I assumed should be the view the camera has but when I clicked on the play arrow I was given the message 'Couldn't Download' It may be trying to play a recorded video from the memory card as opposed to live video, the app did report Device Online therefore I was expecting it to work. I have now re-installed the app from Google play and the connection keeps timing out once the QR code has been captured by the camera. Any suggestions?

Have the same problem. After 20 tries the camera connected to my account , but .... I can't connect to it when the phone not connected to home wifi/outside of home. It's stucked on "Connecting 1/3" !!!
When I'm at home and phone connected to the same router , it works.... WTF. I don't need this garbage to watch one room from another room at home.

Still trying mine, once I scan the QR code then the next process always times out around the 90% mark. I've now tried with two different phones.

UPDATE: finally the camera works fine in Spain. After try more than 20 times I change the steps and it works, inclusive the camera pan and till.

2-Set locale as China Mainland (if you do not see that, it is the first one with Chinese letters) and Language to English.
3-Create a new account with this new setup (I do not know if is really necessary)
4-Add the new camera as device. Select the the device with its name end with '1080'.
7-Select the wifi network to connect the camera (in this case I was connected to one wifi and I connected the camera to a different Wifi, I do not know if this was the key).
9-At this step I do not hear the Chinese record before 100%, the process complete without any voice message.

Regards.

You need to make step 7, it is mandatory to make it work. I placed my phone in a different network and then added the camera to my home. But it's difficult to connect and I don't know how to pan & tilt

Regards.

Great!!! i followed you steps and got it working in UK:

the camera is working in a same network, haven't tried to control it using different wifi but will keep it updated after further test.

Thanks

3ea7967e8cd2c2a6383e1422bdb04b8a.jpg

Last firmware update & Still work great in Indonesia

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I inserted an SD card into it and wanted to have the recordings save onto it, but I how do select that in settings? Thank you

This is what I did in Germany.

Tried everything, no luck
Waited 24 hours
reinstalled the app from app store and selected China mainland
reset the camera by pushing reset for >10 seconds or so until a relay clicks. The camera reboots
resetted camera with a short push, it started talking

Everything worked then. I got a message to install new firmware 5.5.1.197, so I did that. After that, the camera was online somehow, but I could not get an image of it

I then have made the in-app update to a newer version and got a new firmware update to 5.5.1.200 for the camera. Since then, the camera does not connect as usual. :-(