Notification jingle rings on exit from silent mode ?

Dec 8, 2020
Starting with the recently updated MIUI v.12.0.1 there is a bad (to me) new feature.
WHEN I EXIT FROM THE SILENT MODE MY MI 8 PHONE STARTS RINGING THE NOTIFICATION ALERT.
It's quite disturbing, even more if you are in a public space. And it's uninterruptible!
The only solution I've found so far is reducing the volume to the minimum value, and restore it immediately after.
It's a big problem because my notification alert is rather long.
Is there a way to restore the previous behaviour and keep the phone silent when I change audio mode?
Thanks in advance to all who give advice to solve this inconvenience.
Giovanni

Starting with the recently updated MIUI v.12.0.1 there is a bad (to me) new feature.
WHEN I EXIT FROM THE SILENT MODE MY MI 8 PHONE STARTS RINGING THE NOTIFICATION ALERT.
It's quite disturbing, even more if you are in a public space. And it's uninterruptible!
The only solution I've found so far is reducing the volume to the minimum value, and restore it immediately after.
It's a big problem because my notification alert is rather long.
Is there a way to restore the previous behaviour and keep the phone silent when I change audio mode?
Thanks in advance to all who give advice to solve this inconvenience.
Giovanni
Maybe this: Settings > Sound & vibration > Additional settings > Unmute sound >>> disable it by toggling

Maybe this: Settings > Sound & vibration > Additional settings > Unmute sound >>> disable it by toggling

Yes MeiGuddet, that's just the setting I need to solve that problem.
But on My Mi 8 that setting isn't there.
I attach a screen shot with the settings in the "Settings > Sound & vibration > Additional settings" window.
Do you know an alternative way to set that flag ?
I hope it is available on my phone. Are you sure it is ?

Thank you very much for your attention
Best,
Giovanni

Attachments

• com.android.settings.jpg
    com.android.settings.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 602
Thank you MeiGuddet. I use official version only. I attach the details. Best, Giovanni

Attachments

• Mi8androidVersion.jpg
    Mi8androidVersion.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 488
Maybe. More than a features it seems a nuisance, for who chooses long and loud notification rings as I'm used to do.
Dear MelGuddet, are you aware of a setting tool I can use to revert to the old behavior ?
Kind of an app to uncover these intricacies deeply buried in the MIUI ?
Or a way to notify some developers at Xiaomi and ask for a fast fix or a workaround ?
TIA
Giovanni

Hi, I know it's an old thread , but it's maybe help someone, in hyperos you can use quick ball option and then add silent shortcut to quick ball, and then by turning off or on you can't hear any jingle sound✌️

Hi, I know it's an old thread , but it's maybe help someone, in hyperos you can use quick ball option and then add silent shortcut to quick ball, and then by turning off or on you can't hear any jingle sound✌️
It's not necessary. The feature in question is already available in HyperOS.
And this is an old topic. Nevermind

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-09-20-36-44-393_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-09-20-36-44-393_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 23
Global and Chinese ROM are not addressed here. Here we are talking about xiaomi.eu ROM and it includes the function "mute sound when on/off silent mode.