New Notifications Missing

a_pro

Members
Apr 22, 2017
Recently I've started noticing, that the notifications aren't shown properly.

For example, in Viber I receive a message, there is a vibro + sound, but no notification popup.

This appears in a variety of apps: Viber, Skype, Buffer, Chrome (for file downloads).

Battery saving is disabled, MIUI and memory optimizations is disabled. But nothing helps and I'm constantly missing important notifications...

PS: Xiaomi Redmi 4X with latest EU Dev ROM (7.6.29).

Allow them autostart and lock them in RAM...
and keep MIUI optimization enabled!

Allow them autostart and lock them in RAM...
and keep MIUI optimization enabled!
I have tried both enabled and disabled MIUI optimizations. Nothing changes.

And I've added them to autostart, nothing changes. The issue is, for example, Viber receives the message, plays notification sound, but no notification pop-up and doesn't appear in notification list. So, it's not an issue with delayed push notification.

This probably started two weeks ago, after rolling out 7.1.2 build for HM4X.

So enable popup windows for those app..

~Tapatalk~

Then make a factory reset.. you messed up something badly...

Then make a factory reset.. you messed up something badly...
This IS A BUG. I tried already everything I have found online: factory reset, every possible combination of settings and it only appears in Android 7.1.2 builds...

Then everybody should have this bug.. Seems you are alone..

~Tapatalk~

This IS A BUG. I tried already everything I have found online: factory reset, every possible combination of settings and it only appears in Android 7.1.2 builds...
No is not a bug.

Then everybody should have this bug.. Seems you are alone..

~Tapatalk~
OK, if this is not a bug, than how can I make notification pop-up to be shown for Viber, Skype and Buffer. I have MIUI optimization ON, memory optimization OFF, all notification for this apps ON, battery saving totally OFF. And still, I only get vibration and no notification popup.

Is there any way to understand how this isn't working?

I just wiped the phone and installed the latest 6.0 (MIUI 8.3 7.5.18/19) and everything works. But after update to the latest 7.1.2 - it doesn't show pop-up for notifications, only sound, vibration or LED (still, ALL is enabled).

This is clearly a bug.

i dont know if you tried this but for your information.

If you go to permission for those apps you are having problems, and search for something like Display pop-up windows.

Maybe that is the problem....

Hope this will work for you