Official Miui 9 Stable Rom Version: V9.1.2.0.nxkcnei

The only issue with the stable was updater crash when check for updates.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

@Marcobuu Do you use MIUI 9 stable ? What is your sot?

I use 8.2 stable and my sot is 2.5h.

@all Any other sot experiences?
Yes, im on miui 9.
Miui 8 is known for its high battery consumption. My sot is 3 - 4h. I do not play games. Only surf via chrome, instagram, calls, messages, few pictures and about 30 min gps.
Try miui 9, you will not make a mistake.

Guys.
Afther install miui 9 on my wife Mi 4C the batterry is down to fast.
When comes to 20% the phone disconect and if try to connect still on 20% always and never down.
Can some one teel me iff this a unic case?

Guys.
Afther install miui 9 on my wife Mi 4C the batterry is down to fast.
When comes to 20% the phone disconect and if try to connect still on 20% always and never down.
Can some one teel me iff this a unic case?
Go to twrp. Wipe dalvik&cache and cache. Reflash rom, wipe dalvik&cache and reboot.

I've got MIUI 8. Bootloader is locked (as table says about my version of MIUI). But I can enter in TWRP Recovery. Is it mean I can refresh my version of MIUI up to MIUI 9 without unlock bootloader again?

Xiaomi.eu rom never lock bootloader.
What does it mean then? About Libra locked bootloader...
U70SkKp.png

@Inc-Arti: Bootloader gets locked by changing Android base from 5.x to 7.x, because there is a new bootloader file included in the ROM (emmc_appsboot.mbn). This happened with weekly 7.2.9 (see the instructions in this thread). So if you are on a version before - yes, your BL will be locked again. But you can easily unlock it again with official Mi Unlock Tool.

@Inc-Arti: Bootloader gets locked by changing Android base from 5.x to 7.x, because there is a new bootloader file included in the ROM (emmc_appsboot.mbn). This happened with weekly 7.2.9 (see the instructions in this thread). So if you are on a version before - yes, your BL will be locked again. But you can easily unlock it again with official Mi Unlock Tool.
Thanks for your reply. Can I reflash stable ROM up to 9 without unlocked BL if I have got stable ROM 8 with worked TWRP Recovery?

Last edited:
No, you can't. You need to unlock your BL and a new TWRP compatible with Android 7. Look in thread 7.2.9.

I already had twrp-3.1.1-1-libra with ROM 8. I didn't expect your reply soon and reflashed ROM 9 without unlock BL. I got a boot loop.
Then I rebooted my cell phone into fastboot and unlock it via Mi Unlock. I rebooted my cell phone to system again. It's OK.
I've got ROM 9 now!

Reactions: iamme729
I already had twrp-3.1.1-1-libra with ROM 8. I didn't expect your reply soon and reflashed ROM 9 without unlock BL. I got a boot loop.
Then I rebooted my cell phone into fastboot and unlock it via Mi Unlock. I rebooted my cell phone to system again. It's OK.
I've got ROM 9 now!
Before boot loop...
PC didn't see my cell phone for unlock BL.

Hey guys, I would like to try this ROM. At the moment, my settings are:
- Xiaomi MI4C rooted / bootloader unlock
- recovery: TWRP 3.0.2.0
- ROM MIUI-France 6.12.22 / Android version 5.1.1 LMY47V

Do I need to update twrp to twrp-3.1.1-1-libra before I flash the ROM?

Can you explain the procedure you used ...which ROM you were on and which ROMs and TWRP versions you used....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

I was on V8.5.1.0 Stable EU ROM. Bootloader was locked so i had to unlock it from http://en.miui.com/unlock/

Next I used these guides below to install adb on my computer and install TWRP:
http://www.stechguide.com/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-windows/
http://www.stechguide.com/root-and-install-twrp-recovery-on-xiaomi-mi4c/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgU9o4VN_GE

TWRP:
https://dl.twrp.me/libra/twrp-3.1.1-1-libra.img.html

ROM (V9.1.2.0):
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329062515

I uploaded the latest EU ROM into the phone before installing the TWRP.

Once I installed TWRP, i installed the ROM, clear cache&dalvik, reboot phone.

Hope this helps! :)

Flash the ROM...then fastboot the recovery ...

How to upgrade to Andoid 7.0:
Install MIUI 6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip
Unlock your bootloader again on Mi4C, Mi4S, MiNotePRO
(check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
For ROOT use latest SuperSU

Thanks for your reply. Before I start anything, I would like more details because I'm a newbie :)
Just to be sure, I understand what I am doing.

- Why do I need to install "MIUI 6.12.22"? I already have this version (not xiaomi.eu) and I could not find it on androidfilehost.com
- Ignore the first point and let's assume that my mi4c is running with the 6.12.22 (xiaomi.eu ROM)
Once I have downloaded TWRP 3.1.1.1 - Do I just need to reboot the device into fastboot mode and flash the .img to install the new TWRP?
- Once TWRP is installed, do I install the ROM via TWRP or via another way?

Thank your for your time.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have currently Miui 8.5.1.0 NXKCNED.

To move to this 9.1 version, do I just have to put the zip on the phone and update,
or do I have first to wipe something, and what ?

Last edited:
I have an issue, I can't boot on TWRP.
I downloaded twrp-3.1.1-1-libra.img and put it in my adb folder. I rename it recovery.img.
I ran the phone in fastbootmode and did the cmd as follow (see img)

"dtb not found" sounds like the twrp version is not good. Now I can boot normally or in fastboot mode but I can't access to TWRP anymore.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 583
Okay, I finally managed to install the rom. Here, all my steps:
- download twrp-3.1.1-0-libra.img (doesn't work with 3.1.1.1)
- put the ROM at the root of my phone
1. adb reboot bootloader
2. fastboot devices // check if device is listed
3. fastboot oem device-info // check bootloader info lock/unlock
4. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-libra.img
5. fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-0-libra.img
6. wipe
7. install the rom and reboot
8. error: boot loop
9. use miflash_unlock-en-2.3.803.10 and re-unlock the phone
10. reboot and wait a bit. Here we go, I am on MIUI 9

Last edited:
Reactions: iamme729
At the moment I'm running eu developer 7.12.28 and quite pleased with it but ... If I want to flash to eu Stable, ... Do I have to take any precautions?

What would be the steps to follow to pass from developer to stable rom?
Would my bootloader get locked after that?