Pad 5 Widevine L1/L3

Bix22

Members
Nov 23, 2020
Good morning everyone, I bought 3 days ago a Mi Pad 5 in Italy and I used with Netflix and Prime in HD without a problem. Today, while I was using Netflix, the app chrashed with an error (516 or something, it disappeared fast) and now I can't see anymore in HD on Netflix and neither on Prime. On Netflix the Widevine now is L3, why? It was working fine till today.
I already cancel and download both the apps by nothing changed, any help?
Thank you very much

Check your Widevine level with DRM Info app. ;)

- If you have Widevine L1 in this app:

A) Go in phone's settings > Manage apps > Apps (Installed apps) > Find Netflix app and select it then clear all data of the app.

You can now open Netflix and be happy. ^^

- But if you have Widevine L3:

B) Try to renew the Widevine certificate in phone's settings > Passwords & security -> Fingerprint unlock -> Fingerprint payments -> Widevine (L1).

=> After renewing the certificate, do step A). :)

C) If your device doesn't have "Widevine (L1)" option in Fingerprint payments menu: No solution to get back Widevine L1... :(

A) Go in phone's settings > Manage apps > Apps (Installed apps) > Find Netflix app and select it then clear all data of the app.

B) Try to renew the Widevine certificate in phone's settings > Passwords & security -> Fingerprint unlock -> Fingerprint payments -> Widevine (L1).

C) If your device doesn't have "Widevine (L1)" option in Fingerprint payments menu: No solution to get back Widevine L1... :(
Thank you very much, I'll try it soon

Hi, I tried DRM Info and the tablet seems to have the Widevine L1, I cleared all the data and Neflix and Prime returned to FHD. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• pad5.jpg
    pad5.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 2,038
Reactions: Poney70
Hi dears
I've the same issue! Bought it since few minutes, it comes with Netflix preinstalled, and it was working fine but the app suddenly stopped working and turned to widewine L3 in SD mode, now DRM info says I have L3 and it sucks! Btw there's no fingerprint setup as suggested above , any clue?

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_171017_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20211231_171017_hdr.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 763
Hi dears
I've the same issue! Bought it since few minutes, it comes with Netflix preinstalled, and it was working fine but the app suddenly stopped working and turned to widewine L3 in SD mode, now DRM info says I have L3 and it sucks! Btw there's no fingerprint setup as suggested above , any clue?
Hello,

Reboot your device and check the Widevine level in DRM Info app again.

;)

When are they gonna give us a update on HDR? YouTube and Netflix the colour is off. This problem should be solved by now. Was watching Dahmer on Netflix which has alot of dark scenes. It is unwatchable with this tablet. Every time I press volume up and down the brightness goes higher which is how the brightness should be, but then goes dumb because of this HDR problem.....