Phantom Touches, Ghost touches, Invisible finger

Do you have problem with phantom touches?

• Total voters
M1cha: Could you please explain to me in detail how can I use this fix?
I have Xiaomi M2S 32GB with miuiandroid_multi_aries_3.10.18_jb-4.1.zip installed.
I am not an Android developer so your description is quite a puzzle for me.
What tool should I use to install it?

You can cwm to install it.
If u want to use stock recovery u have to rename it to update.zip and copy it to sdcard. Dunno if miui updater would work too.

Here is a possible fix. Please do only report if you have the problem on MIUI or stock-aosp(4.1) rom.
Opensource kernel's problems can be caused by the firmware issue and can can be fixed by a reboot into miui.
I don't know how the closed source kernel of cm10.2 works.
Didn't help... on stock MIUI 3.10.18..

I better chip in (didn't see this thread) I have it every now and then, mi2 32g with and without screen protector

Hi, I have a Mi2S from June, I sometimes have this problem but it happens mostly when the screen is wet. And it happens always in the bottom-center area of the screen, where there are a lot of very very small scratches, I can see them only under a strong light. I always solve the problem by quickly cleaning the screen on my sweatshirt. Hope this helps to diagnose the problem

Hi, I have a Mi2S from June, I sometimes have this problem but it happens mostly when the screen is wet. And it happens always in the bottom-center area of the screen, where there are a lot of very very small scratches, I can see them only under a strong light. I always solve the problem by quickly cleaning the screen on my sweatshirt. Hope this helps to diagnose the problem
Indeed, wet screen could trigger this and I already experience this with other devices in the past. If the screen is not designed to be able to handle perfect human touch (like Xperia Go for instance) then a wet surface could spread the electric pulse from your finger to other area through the water.
The soft keys of MI-2Sare also extremely sensitive, a light touch that you don't realize might trigger it.

Did someone finally find a solution? It's starting to happen to me again, with latest multi language rom. For me, it gets solved forcing the exit of the app (with long press back button) and also cleaning the RAM.

M1cha: Could you please explain to me in detail how can I use this fix?
I have Xiaomi M2S 32GB with miuiandroid_multi_aries_3.10.18_jb-4.1.zip installed.
I am not an Android developer so your description is quite a puzzle for me.
What tool should I use to install it?
You can cwm to install it.
If u want to use stock recovery u have to rename it to update.zip and copy it to sdcard. Dunno if miui updater would work too.

M1cha, I would try your update through the Miui updater, could I using this update lose the waranty for phone in case it will not help and I will have to send it back to seller?

Yes, I noticed that too. But it's strange. Now I've putted two layers of foam around the touch connector to see if it's a problem of sensitivity to dispersion

I have this problem too, from time to time.
I tried to flash the latest NON-HLOS.bin from latest miuiandroid into the modem partition with adb but it didn't solve it.
I also noticed that, while the usb charging cable is connected to the phone, the touch screen seems to go a little crazy: could this be related to the phantom touches problem?

as far as I know the proprietaries/modem don't control the touchscreen(it's a i2c device). It's either a hardware or kernel problem.

Reactions: oile
I have a sp and I have this problem, too.
I think if a sp would change sth then it would make rather worse than better ;)

Reactions: ganastasiou
I have a sp and I have this problem, too.
I think if a sp would change sth then it would make rather worse than better ;)

Aha i see i thought that digitizer was too sensitive. I have upgraded to latest MIUI v5 (4.1.24) till now works ok.

Edited: Using JLB21.0 i had this problem after using the phone more than an hour.

Foam around touch connector was not useful. Touch imprecise at the bottom after two days of normal behaviour. Screen off->on solved it as always

Another one with this fantom finger.

Edit:

I try yo install the "stable" JLB v28 and the frecuency of the sympthoms get very very worse. I change to the last "developer miui" and the symphtoms get better by the moment.

Last edited:
I had the phantom touches with Miui v5 till cca its November releases. Since then they had been very rare (also with M1cha's kernel).
Having installed AOSP QDT14 I got the touches again. I just flashed the kernel (actually boot. img), which I extracted from latest Miui v5 and the unwanted touches are a rare occasion again.

I must report a completely different behaviour:

at the beginning, let's say since purchase of Mi2S-32 in september to december I had such kind of ghost-touches,
not very frequently, maybe couple of times per week

after about december, I didn't experienced them anymore since couple of months now,

BUT

I'm having the opposite problem!

with a similar frequency I'm experiencing the touch screen to be completely "dead", no any response to any kind of touch
even in this case, it's enough to power off the screen with power button, re-turn it on immediately and then everything's fine again!!!

I'm quite convinced that it's just some driver/software issue.
Someone tried to solve ghost touches problem and indeed made it! But a similar/opposite problem is happening now!!

ps: I'm always using WIUI, most of times updated to latest version (thanks again Wajk for your great work!!)

I'm using the last build of cm11 from M1cha since a few days.
Since this rom has a charge bug, I need to reboot the phone every evening, before connecting it to the charger.
Since I'm doing this, I didn't notice any phantom touch, so far.
My feeling is that it happens after a while the phone is booted up (a few days, maybe?).
Could it be something like a memory leak?

4 days after flash miui developer rom, i haven't got any phantoms.

Edit:

Day 5, I actualized by OTA and the problem begin again.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Last edited: