Phone bricked? Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro (LMI) in TWRP Bootloop -- Failed to mount '/system_root' --

Aleix

Members
Apr 3, 2017
I dont know where to post this since I've been trying to solve the problem all night, searching all over the Internet; (so i created a copy of the post to place it onmy device subforum aswll)

I'm going to explain the situation as simply as I can. In my device, the K30 Pro, after buying it and installing without problems the TWRP custom recovery, I began to install the beta versions of MIUI 12. This without any problem, I was updating as the weekly ones were posted, etc.
After a couple of days with the last version (20.9.17) and for personal issues, although I knew that this version was not definitive (many bugs and errors between functions) I decided to flash Magisk, because as I say I needed the root access. (I had not flashed magisk on this device until now).
I realized that versions 17 or 20.4 were not suitable for android 11, so I downloaded the latest version of 'Canary Magisk'. Here begins the crux of the matter...

Once flashed magisk, the device started correctly. I was 15 minutes with root access, I could give the permissions to the applications that requested it. I was quite calm because it seemed that everything had gone well. Immediately, after opening a couple of apps like the rootcheker, the magisk manager and a terminal app, all of them started to "collapse" (I don't know how to explain it because they basically started to close and not being able to access their data, as if the apps didn't exist, showing "com.xxxx. not..."). I restarted the device. Then, I was caught in a BOOTLOOP.

I can still access the TWRP, so I tried to make a copy of my Internal Storage (rename /data/media/ folder and backup data), in vain of course; The system was starting to give me failures about the partitions, something that I missed even more. I rebooted the device once more, and apparently now my entire file system was corrupted. I don't know what the correct term will be, but without doing anything, after some reboots and being ina bootloop caused by rooting, flashing canary magisk build, inside the TWRP, the internal partition appeared as 0 MB.
I tried to clean the partitions, repair the damaged file system (the Data partition now shows its total size after repairing and changing the file system -> ext4->FAT->ext...)... But now whatever I try I get the line:

"Failed to mount '/system_root' (No such file or directory)"

And... I don't really know what to do from that point on. I can't flash any ROM again or clean the device properly...
I'm sorry that this has remained as a text of more than 2000 words, but I hope that with all the information that I have given someone understand in what situation I am and can help me out of here, reinstall everything on my device, make a factory reset correctly (since I early assimilated the recovery of my internal storage files would not be possible..).

Thank you very much to those who take the trouble to at least read my problem. I expect an answer, right now this great community is my last hope

EDIT - Point summary, sort of

-Device is bricked in a bootloop and empty(no OS)
-I can boot the device in custom recovery (TWRP)/ start in Fastboot mode and connect to a PC without any problem

-Impossible to flash anything from TWRP
-The version of TWRP is 3.41b-0328 (For Redmi K30 Pro, credit by wzsx150)
-(I guess) I have repaired the Data partition (it showed 0 MB and was not accessible), now it shows 100GB (the device model is 128GB, I don't know what takes up space if it is empty...), and now it's possible to access the Data partition where appears the folder lost+found and media, with a twrp subfolder, all of them empty

In none of the posts I've found on the internet with similar problems I have found a solution, since I have already tried to clean - reinstall everything as usual, but the device seems to be empty all the time...
In any case, thank you all for taking ur time on reading my problem

Last edited:
If you have access to fastboot just flash stock rom from Mi flash tools

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

You have to do format data yes, restart recovery, do all the wipes and do the installation of the rom again

If you have access to fastboot just flash stock rom from Mi flash tools

I tried to do that, I had the miui_LMIGlobal v12 firmware downloaded, but i cant flash it through MiFlash tool (phone is detected when connected via fastboot so i dont know wht happens)

You have to do format data yes, restart recovery, do all the wipes and do the installation of the rom again
When u say Restart recovery u mean reinstall TWRP? Connecting devices by ADB has always given me problems and I dont like it, once I install custom recovery on a phone I usually work on it, without reconnecting it to the PC (u probably know.. Windows is s**t for this, there are always errors with the OS and the drivers, adb...To do these things I always end up using an old laptop with the big windows 7, but well this is not relevant now)

This time it seems that my PC does recognize the device being in fastboot adb mode, so I guess I should have no problem

Last edited:
Check the rom, send picture if you have how it looks like Mi flash tools when tou connect phone.
Try update Mi tools, download another..the most important thing is that you have unlocked bootloader and access to fastboot.. that the only way that you can restore your system..check some videos on YouTube..explore, what you can do and how ..
When you download rom, use right unzip application, to unzip tar file, I forget how its call..

I think it is connected in MiFlash Tool
And yes, my bootloader is still unlocked, but i spent all night trying to find a solution and nothing works, and I find it strange because flashing roms is something I've been doing for more than 5 years. Not so well as u can see

Attachments

• conected.PNG
    conected.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 724
Thia can only be the problem in rom file, download another rom and use 7zip or something like that to unpack rom file in folder and than try ,I also have the same problem, didn't use right application for unpacking tar rom file.
7-zip file manager is application that you need to use for unpacking rom. That helped me

Thia can only be the problem in rom file, download another rom and use 7zip or something like that to unpack rom file in folder and than try ,I also have the same problem, didn't use right application for unpacking tar rom file.
7-zip file manager is application that you need to use for unpacking rom. That helped me

Gonna try now with the 4 roms i have alredy downloaded, the worst thing now its my poor/slow internet connection to download roms of 3GB.

Key have to say, im having lots of trouble with roms and firmwares. I'm pretty overwhelmed, I guess it's probably because I haven't slept in more than 24 hours; bt I don't know what to flash in the first and only place. The official MIUI Roms don't work for me, I have looked for the original firmware for K30 Pro and downloaded it from xiaomistockrom.com, right now I don't know if itis legit.. I'm so sorry I have to be begging for help like this

Last edited:
Mi flash doesn't recognize your Rom,just use that what you have and unpack it with 7zip and try again and it will work.. I have exactly the same problem..

Mi flash doesn't recognize your Rom,just use that what you have and unpack it with 7zip and try again and it will work.. I have exactly the same problem..

I'm sorry to say but I tried to open the unpacked Rom and it just say the same, "Couldnt find flash script"

You opened with program right?
Here is obviously problem with ROM, Mi tools can't recognize it..
Also you can try older version of MI tools.
This is all that I can help..
I was in exactly the same position and I solved it with this program 7-zip that users recommend me because is the best and that's really solved my problem..
I hope that tou will solved it..

I flashed with the program the firmware that I downloaded from https://xiaomistockrom.com/, and it Booted. It seems that it's a rom for the Poco F2, because at the beginning appeared the logo of "Poco", something that I haven't seen in any specific Rom for the K30 Pro, always Redmi, followed by "MIUI" or "5G".
I dont know if its a legit site, or how much "damage" could be caused to my device by flashing such a rom.
Anyway, my intention now is to flash the TWRP specific recovery, and to reinstall some weekly K30 Pro Rom from the forum.
Although I'm kind of tired of MIUI already...

UPDATE: Flashed TWRP over that Poco Rom, Formated all Data, and flashed latest MIUI 12 weekly update, specific HKM30Pro (although that Rom it's for Redmi K30 Pro AND Poco F2 Pro..);
Wheen booting it still show the Poco logo, i mean its just Weird.... But it booted into the system

Last edited:
I am using for a couple days this weakly build and I am satisfied.. its very easy to install twrp and flash rom... I did it for 20min , you get clean MIUI rom , without any stupid bloatware or ads ,it is very good and stable.. working perfect for me..camera also have some extra features.. beta.. you will see..

I am using for a couple days this weakly build and I am satisfied.. its very easy to install twrp and flash rom... I did it for 20min , you get clean MIUI rom , without any stupid bloatware or ads ,it is very good and stable.. working perfect for me..camera also have some extra features.. beta.. you will see..

Yep but Magisk bricked my device, Android 11 its very unstable

For A11 you must flash Magisk Canary else you will brick your phone.
Also did you try update your GPU driver through TWRP, I found some threads and video about that ..we are able to update our graphic drivers,how cool is that :)

i have related problem. my device after flash eu rom. it bootloop to twrp. i have to mi flash stock rom to try again. its always bootloop to twrp. and my data is not mounted. cuz i wrong password. and i didnt set any password. even try password my phone but it didnt work.

i have related problem. my device after flash eu rom. it bootloop to twrp. i have to mi flash stock rom to try again. its always bootloop to twrp. and my data is not mounted. cuz i wrong password. and i didnt set any password. even try password my phone but it didnt work.
Reboot to recovery, format data, reboot again to recovery and wipe all partitions, reboot again to recovery and install rom

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition using Tapatalk

For A11 you must flash Magisk Canary else you will brick your phone.
Also did you try update your GPU driver through TWRP, I found some threads and video about that ..we are able to update our graphic drivers,how cool is that :)

You can update GPU driver through install GPU updater apk through adb mode. Then change Game Driver setting to GameDriver. No need to flash via TWRP.

Did you flash misc.bin ?

Reactions: ciHan_uNaL_80
Bro, i got same issue but i found the way to escape. Install new eu rom on twrp then bootloop to twrp , next go to install page and " format data" then reboot. You can go to new rom but lost all data. Remember do not input password for encrypt data again. Encrypt data make this issue

Reactions: Ramare
I go crazy because of this, I change my f2 pro for Redmi note 9 pro 5 G, I win this phone on Mi community so I decided to keep it. No problem anymore. I using orange fox and its work perfect

To restore the phone, you will need a service account with developer rights, as well as switch the phone to EDL mode
If you need to restore your phone click ok

• Love
Reactions: authzip
Por fin pude salir del Bootloop, solo instale la ultima room de EU a traves de TWRP y posterior a eso se reinicio de manera normal. Gracias por su ayuda

Reactions: Aleix
Hello! I'm in a similar situation but luckily i was able to flash the global rom using the miflash although it says error while flashing it still boot up with an os and i'm already happy with it. Btw I'm new to flashing and like a baby when it comes to this (what you see is what you do) so i am having a hard time following instructions that are new to me through YT. Then i started reading on how to flash custom rom.. i really really want to flash my phone to an eu version since my global one feels a little slugish compared to original china version. I'm that kind of person who needs visual aids to follow so i'm hoping to find someone who can help me.