Phone Stuck In Edl/qualcomm Usb Despite Flashing Via Miflash

Dwosky

Members
Oct 5, 2016
This morning I wake to my phone being completely unresponsive with black screen. No button seemed to work nor the led once I plug in to the power outlet. Checking the forum I've seen this could happen and means the phone might be bricked. I plugged it to the laptop and luckyly it found it as a device, which turned to be the Qualcomm USB interface.

I followed the tutorial to get the latest MiFlash version I could get (I think its the one of December 2016), then get a fastboot rom, unzip it and flash it via MiFlash. The issue here is that despite being correctly flashed (I don't see any errors and the end message its a success), the phone stays in the same state. I doesn't seem able to restart it normally.

If I push the power button I hear the laptop chime that an USB device has been disconnected, but just right after I hear the chime that it has been connected again. Checking the device manager I see its still the qualcomm device.

Any suggestion on how to move forward?

just check if its 9008 in Device Manager, if yes, just pry open your phone and disconnect the battery for some 5 seconds and reconnect it, it'll boot normally...

no need to flash....

I learned this hard way: complete clean reflash using miflash, losing my family's photos and still stuck in EDL till I disconnect the battery....