[POCO F3] Which are the adavantages and inconveniences between choosing stable version or beta weekly version?

Tukan41

Members
Jan 17, 2022
Hello all:

Anyone would be so kind to expaining me the advantages and the inconveniences of xiaomi.eu's each version (stable and beta) in order to flash one or another.

Tx in advance

Regards

There is not really a specific advantage outside what you can expect from beta versus stable software in general.

Betas have the bleeding edge features, and are released a lot more often than stable (at least while the device is supported) and stable is expected to be... more stable than betas.

It did not prevent some betas to lag behind their stable counterpart security patches, or some stables to have issues.

Thank you very much for your quick and valuable reflections.

However, for example, do you know what the beta has now that the stable doesn't have (poco f3)?

Betas tend to (in general) have more bugs, right? What kind of bugs? Are they important? And the key question, I think, do these more frequent updates compensate that higher number of bugs with respect to the stable version?

If I have the stable version and I want to install the beta, I lose all the data, right?

A greeting and thanks in advance

I don't think I I'll be able to answer most of those questions, I am not even sure there is that much people switching enough between stable and beta to compare them in real time on a specific device, including the fact that betas are mostly released every week.

I used the Xiaomi.eu beta for two years on a Mi Noté 10, and had once once an issue where the team rereleased the ROM like two days after. I never felt I would have been better using the stable ROM.

Anyway, thank you a lot for your enriching reflections. I don't either know if there are many or few people who have tried both versions, although I don't think it's that rare or unlikely either. So I understand that you haven't tried the stable version, don't you? Why, then, did you chose the beta version.

Thx in advance.