New [Possible] Bug - Can't make calls - 9.8.29/9.9.3

firedeimos

Members
Dec 7, 2018
Phone: Mi Mix 2S
MIUI: 9.8.22 (working)
MIUI Language: Portuguese
Service provider: Vodafone

Hi, since 9.8.29 that i can't make any call's. I can however receive them about 70% of the time (the ones that fail say my phone it's turned off).

It started when i installed the 9.8.29, since then whenever i try to make a call it starts dialing and about 2 seconds later it says call ended, no dial tone.
I've noticed that when it happens, my cell service indicator goes to zero and displays a cross as if i have no service. 5 seconds later it reconnects.
Still can't make calls.

When using mobile data it works as it should, regardless of the build.
There's no error message nothing so i can't provide more in depth details, i think.

With 9.9.3 it's the same.

What I've tried:

- Checked the settings
- Dirty flash 9.8.29/9.9.3 over 9.8.22
- Clean install 9.8.29
- Dirty flash 9.9.3 over 9.8.29
- Clean install 9.9.3
- Flashed the 9.8.22 modem on 9.8.29
- Flashed the 9.8.22 modem on 9.9.3
- Revert to 9.8.22 (last working build for me)

Sorry for my English and for the lack of details.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Edit: Added details

Last edited:
Phone: Mi Mix 2S
MIUI: 9.8.22 (working)
MIUI Language: Portuguese
Service provider: Vodafone

Hi, since 9.8.29 that i can't make any call's. I can however receive them about 70% of the time (the ones that fail say my phone it's turned off).

It started when i installed the 9.8.29, since then whenever i try to make a call it starts dialing and about 2 seconds later it says call ended, no dial tone.
I've noticed that when it happens, my cell service indicator goes to zero and displays a cross as if i have no service. 5 seconds later it reconnects.
Still can't make calls.

When using mobile data it works as it should, regardless of the build.
There's no error message nothing so i can't provide more in depth details, i think.

With 9.9.3 it's the same.

What I've tried:

- Checked the settings
- Dirty flash 9.8.29/9.9.3 over 9.8.22
- Clean install 9.8.29
- Dirty flash 9.9.3 over 9.8.29
- Clean install 9.9.3
- Flashed the 9.8.22 modem on 9.8.29
- Flashed the 9.8.22 modem on 9.9.3
- Revert to 9.8.22 (last working build for me)

Sorry for my English and for the lack of details.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Edit: Added details
I have from the same country Portugal ,Vodafone i have a MI8 SE and is the same situation but on 9.8.29 and 9.9.3

well, i manage to fix this!
What i did was did a clean flash, flash the stable version, turn on the phone ( dont restore anything, just boot), clean flash again, and then flash latest beta version.
Now everyhting works fine!

Reactions: firedeimos
What i did was did a clean flash, flash the stable version, turn on the phone ( dont restore anything, just boot), clean flash again, and then flash latest beta version.

Thank you for replying.
Right now i don't really have time to try your fix, but over the weekend i'll try it and report back.
Once again, thanks!

You welcome my tuga friend xD
Hello, sadly after many tries, with many variations of your fix i can't get it to work.
In the latest stable i can make call's, but after the 9.8.22 the problem persists...
Even in the 9.9.10 i have this issue so, i guess I'll have to wait for the next Beta to see if the problem is gone.

Thank you anyway.

i go try in my mi 8 se i have a vodafone too

in my MI 8 SE i clean flash ( wipe cache and dalvin) in twrp next install a stable rom next turn on phone again in twrp wipe cache and dalvin and install the last version beta dont work for me i do anything wrong?