In Progress process com.android.phone has stopped (SGS2, 2.12.14)

markyboy

Members
Mar 22, 2012
Hi. Is anyone else having issues with MIUI release 2.12.14 on SGS2?

I keep getting an "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" error, sporadically, and when I press the report MIUI button, it lists a bunch of java stuff... "android.database.CursorIndexOutOfBoundsExceptionm: Index 3 requested, with a size of 3 at android.database.AbstractCursor.checkPosition(AbstractCursor.java:400) at android.database"... etc.

Can't tell if it's the MIUI release or an App. Haven't seen the expected flurry of complaints/bug reports here, so perhaps it is not the ROM at fault.

It's causing my phonecalls to cut out mid call, and my alarm automatically skipped to snooze after a nanosecond of alarm sound this morning, causing me to be an hour late for work.

This behaviour began from the first reboot after upgrading to 2.12.14. I tried yesterday to roll back to 2.12.7, but the same error was even more frequent as to render the phone unusable, so I;m back on 2.12.14.

I'm a bit stuck in term s of diagnosing the problem as I just moved house, have no internet at home and 3G so lousy as to be unusable. So I can only connect here from work, where I can't install apps so can't do a logcat or anything.

Hope someone can help identify the problem.

Mark

Have got ADB now on work computer, but phone doesn't seem to go into debugging mode when the usb cable is connected. Hopefully this screenshot will help.

Note - the error occurs in the middle of almost every phonecall, and in doing so resets data and phone connection, thus ending the call. Connection is restored again a few moments later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-19-13-28-14.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-19-13-28-14.png
    116 KB · Views: 266
Really hope someone can shed some light on this, as this problem kinda renders the phone useless.

Post full logcat.. When you are in this window with log, press menu and copy....

android.database.CursorIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 3 requested, with a size of 3
at android.database.AbstractCursor.checkPosition(AbstractCursor.java:400)
at android.database.AbstractWindowedCursor.checkPosition(AbstractWindowedCursor.java:136)
at android.database.AbstractWindowedCursor.getLong(AbstractWindowedCursor.java:74)
at com.android.providers.telephony.MakeMmsPreviewService.makePreviewWithSmilDoc(MakeMmsPreviewService.java:443)
at com.android.providers.telephony.MakeMmsPreviewService.makePreview(MakeMmsPreviewService.java:314)
at com.android.providers.telephony.MakeMmsPreviewService.access$200(MakeMmsPreviewService.java:45)
at com.android.providers.telephony.MakeMmsPreviewService$1.run(MakeMmsPreviewService.java:87)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

are you using any of themes..? or just default...?

Just the default, I'm pretty sure. I just reapplied the default to see if that makes a difference. Will write back when I know more.

I DIFFed all of our arrays.xml that we have, and none were more/less so I can't see how there would be an undefined array index error.

Damn.

I checked MD5, just in case - but no problem there.

I used CWM to wipe Data and Cache
Reinstalled MIUI 2.12.14

The problem was not immediately apparent. That doesn’t mean the problem is gone, just it just hasn’t shown up as quickly as it did previously.

I then tried re-installing from backup the settings and apps until the problem re-manifested. I was able to get it to happen again, so something in my backup system settings is causing it.

I’ve now started again from scratch, and will leave the default install running to see if it is indeed clean. Then I will add in settings one by one until I find the culprit. Will post back with results.

Thanks for your help so far. This has been extremely frustrating.

Ok - it's something in Multimedia Messages. I think somewhere in the history of conversatioon with my sister. She's not sent me anything other than a simple text message recently, so something about MIUI 2.12.14 doesn't like some particular multimedia message. Sadly I can't diagnose further, as biw I can't look at messages without the error popping up which then closes messages view.

Will try and restore entire backup without the Multimedia Messages component and see how it goes.