Resolved Proximity sensor enabled ALL THE TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinchulin01

Members
Sep 26, 2012
Hi there everyone.
I installed this nice ROM one month ago and I've been suffering a lot with the inability of customizing the behaviour of the proximity sensor. I went on holidays and it was a real pain to take pictures since the screen went black everytime I put any of my hands close to the sensor. I navigated to the Calls menu > Settings > Incoming call status settings and switched off "Enforce proximity sensor" to no avail, it is on all the time. I switched off "Enable proximity sensor" but it doesn't make any difference anyway, it is still on all the time, which is really annoying.

Is there anyway to leave the sensor on only for calls, so it will darken the screen when I put the phone against my head?

Galaxy S2, GT- I9100
Version: 2.8.31 IML74K
Kernel: 3.0.15

Thanks! Is there anyway to update without having to flash the full rom again (and loosing my settings and stuff)?
Cheers!

Hi all.
Matthew, I didn't have Viber installed. The issue got fixed when I updated to latest version.

BTW, I installed Clockworkmod from the Play Store to flash the update and it didn't work. It rebooted and CWM kept saying it couldn't find the MIUI zip file. I uninstalled CWM, downloaded a rare (new?) version fromo XDA, installed CWM from the Play Store again and it finally worked. I haven't had to go through all this trouble any of the other times I flashed a ROM before. Anybody knows why this happened?
Thanks!

Glad it works. As always remember MIUI weekly releases are a BETA release. Gotta keep up to date to stay with the fixes.

Resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.