Resolved Proximity sensor enabled ALL THE TIME

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by chinchulin01, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinchulin01

Sep 26, 2012
    Male
    Hi there everyone.
    I installed this nice ROM one month ago and I've been suffering a lot with the inability of customizing the behaviour of the proximity sensor. I went on holidays and it was a real pain to take pictures since the screen went black everytime I put any of my hands close to the sensor. I navigated to the Calls menu > Settings > Incoming call status settings and switched off "Enforce proximity sensor" to no avail, it is on all the time. I switched off "Enable proximity sensor" but it doesn't make any difference anyway, it is still on all the time, which is really annoying.

Is there anyway to leave the sensor on only for calls, so it will darken the screen when I put the phone against my head?

Galaxy S2, GT- I9100
    Version: 2.8.31 IML74K
    Kernel: 3.0.15

2. weedy

weedyMembers

Feb 4, 2012
    Update, a lot of sensor fixes were added last week.

3. chinchulin01

Sep 26, 2012
    Male
    Thanks! Is there anyway to update without having to flash the full rom again (and loosing my settings and stuff)?
    Cheers!

4. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

all updates are without wipe /data....

5. MatthewChen

Feb 23, 2012
    this is no MIUI bug, try uninstalling viber. took me a day to find this.. -.-

6. chinchulin01

Sep 26, 2012
    Male
    Hi all.
    Matthew, I didn't have Viber installed. The issue got fixed when I updated to latest version.

BTW, I installed Clockworkmod from the Play Store to flash the update and it didn't work. It rebooted and CWM kept saying it couldn't find the MIUI zip file. I uninstalled CWM, downloaded a rare (new?) version fromo XDA, installed CWM from the Play Store again and it finally worked. I haven't had to go through all this trouble any of the other times I flashed a ROM before. Anybody knows why this happened?
    Thanks!

7. iBotPeaches

iBotPeachesScript Gatekeeper

Oct 31, 2011
    Kansas
    Glad it works. As always remember MIUI weekly releases are a BETA release. Gotta keep up to date to stay with the fixes.

Resolved.

Share Our Site