Proximity Sensor Problem

Can you share a link, please? :)

EDIT: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi.../files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/9.5.16/ is this the correct link?

BTW the proximity sensor problem seems not solved, I need to do more tests... I don't receive many calls :p

EDIT 2: can I go from EU Stable to EU Developer or I can get a brick?

That is the correct link. This is the latest EU Developer ROM for Redmi Note 7 (lavender) > https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...mi.eu_multi_HMNote7_9.5.16_v10-9.zip/download

Switching from a Stable ROM to a Developer ROM and vice-versa requires a full wipe. Dirty flash can only be performed on the same version. There is no need to worry about bricking your device. Just copy the ROM on the internal storage root, wipe everything (except for internal storage) and flash it.

That is the correct link. This is the latest EU Developer ROM for Redmi Note 7 (lavender) > https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...mi.eu_multi_HMNote7_9.5.16_v10-9.zip/download

Switching from a Stable ROM to a Developer ROM and vice-versa requires a full wipe. Dirty flash can only be performed on the same version. There is no need to worry about bricking your device. Just copy the ROM on the internal storage root, wipe everything (except for internal storage) and flash it.

Ok, thank you!

One last question: do I need to use TWRP when switching from a MIUI to another one? (I don't want to dive into custom ROMs for now...)

Ok, thank you!

One last question: do I need to use TWRP when switching from a MIUI to another one? (I don't want to dive into custom ROMs for now...)

You can either use TWRP or the MIUI Updater (which wipes everything automatically when switching from one version to another) to flash MIUI ROM packages.

Last edited:
You can either use TWRP or the MIUI Updater (which wipes everything automatically when switching from one version to another) to flash MIUI ROM packages.

Sorry for bother you again but I have another question: I'm currently on MIUI 10.3.2.0 (coded as PFGEUXM so it's a EEA Stable) on my Redmi Note 7, can I go to EEA Developer without installing TWRP?

EDIT: Sorry, I saw you already answered me on post #30 lol, I'm still pretty confused about all the kind of version :D

Reactions: vlachorumsapiens
Hello again, if I have unlocked my bootloader, can I flash this ROM using MIUI updater? Something tells me that if I do it my bootloader becomes locked <.<

Bootloader can only be re-locked via Mi Flash Tool using Fastboot ROM. First flash of Xiaomi EU ROM must be done via TWRP. First wipe, and then flash the ROM. Afterwards you can update to new versions via OTA or you can flash Recovery ROMs via MIUI Updater, whether you want to upgrade to a new version or downgrade to an older one.

Be advised that OTA updates aren't always pushed automatically due to server limitations. It's better to check and download/flash OTA packages manually via MIUI Updater.

Bootloader can only be re-locked via Mi Flash Tool using Fastboot ROM. First flash of Xiaomi EU ROM must be done via TWRP. First wipe, and then flash the ROM. Afterwards you can update to new versions via OTA or you can flash Recovery ROMs via MIUI Updater, whether you want to upgrade to a new version or downgrade to an older one.

Be advised that OTA updates aren't always pushed automatically due to server limitations. It's better to check and download/flash OTA packages manually via MIUI Updater.

Thanks, but I didn't understand: can I flash this file https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...mi.eu_multi_HMNote7_9.5.16_v10-9.zip/download via fastboot using MI Flash Tool? i've tried to flash it via MI Updater just a moment ago but it says that I can't flash unofficial ROM :(

Thanks, but I didn't understand: can I flash this file https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...mi.eu_multi_HMNote7_9.5.16_v10-9.zip/download via fastboot using MI Flash Tool? i've tried to flash it via MI Updater just a moment ago but it says that I can't flash unofficial ROM :(

Only Fastboot ROMs can be flashed via Mi Flash Tool. Fastboot ROMs contain official firmware only. Xiaomi EU is a custom ROM, and custom ROMs can only be flashed via TWRP or MIUI Updater. Custom ROMs are Recovery ROMs, while official ROMs come either as Recovery ROMs or Fastboot ROMs. Keep that in mind.

When switching from an official China or Global ROM, you cannot directly flash a custom ROM via MIUI Updater. You must first flash a custom recovery (TWRP) and then flash a custom ROM from there.

Follow this guide > https://miui.blog/redmi-note-7/install-twrp-root-lavender

Only Fastboot ROMs can be flashed via Mi Flash Tool. Fastboot ROMs contain official firmware only. Xiaomi EU is a custom ROM, and custom ROMs can only be flashed via TWRP or MIUI Updater. Custom ROMs are Recovery ROMs, while official ROMs come either as Recovery ROMs or Fastboot ROMs. Keep that in mind.

When switching from an official China or Global ROM, you cannot directly flash a custom ROM via MIUI Updater. You must first flash a custom recovery (TWRP) and then flash a custom ROM from there.

Ok, now it's clear to me, thank you :)

Done. I'm on MIUI EU Developer now and... it's much more complete and pretty than stable versions. Anyway I'm still facing that annoying problem about proximity sensor -_-

Done. I'm on MIUI EU Developer now and... it's much more complete and pretty than stable versions. Anyway I'm still facing that annoying problem about proximity sensor -_-

Glad you finally made it. Eventually the proximity sensor annoyance will get solved. It's a common problem found on other devices as well. It has to do with the way it's calibrated.

On HTCMania.com, said to, Disable sensor, reboot and Activate.

Seems to work.

Not sure if will work on EU version too.

Sent from Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

On HTCMania.com, said to, Disable sensor, reboot and Activate.

Seems to work.

Not sure if will work on EU version too.

Sent from Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

are you talking about the setting that is in "call settings", accessible from the dialer?

No, the app didn't fixed the bug. Is it that because my proximity sensor is broken? I mean... maybe is a hardware problem <.<

It's not a hardware problem. It's a common software problem that many users are facing on both lavender and violet devices. It will eventually be fixed. It has to do with the way the proximity sensor is calibrated.

I too am facing the same issue (I'm on lavender, 10.3 stable). I tried to test my proximity sensor via the dialer -> *#*#6484#*#* -> Proximity Sensor, but nothing registered (as if it were disabled).
I'm wondering if there's a way to use the light sensor as proximity sensor during calls (value drops significantly when close to the ear) - but I couldn't find anything yet...

I too am facing the same issue (I'm on lavender, 10.3 stable). I tried to test my proximity sensor via the dialer -> *#*#6484#*#* -> Proximity Sensor, but nothing registered (as if it were disabled).
I'm wondering if there's a way to use the light sensor as proximity sensor during calls (value drops significantly when close to the ear) - but I couldn't find anything yet...

I don't know if this is possible, anyway the problem is still there -_-

Could you do me a favor and check if your proximity sensor works if you test it via that dialer code? I don't get any data from it.

Could you do me a favor and check if your proximity sensor works if you test it via that dialer code? I don't get any data from it.

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-11 at 14.17.28.jpeg

There you go ^^