[QUESTION]/[REQUEST] Smartphone IPv4 changes every times - MIUI 12.1.3

McSpark94

Members
Mar 8, 2021
Hi all! I recently upgraded my MIUI to version 12.1.3 Stable on my Mi Note 10.

After the update I noticed that I can no longer set a static ip address to the devices connected via the hotspot/USB tethering because the IPv4 address (gateway) of the phone changes every time I deactivate and activate the hotspot.

I always use the data connection since I have no ADSL/Fiber connection and being able to set a static address was very useful for me to remotely control my devices at any time without having to reconfigure the new addresses every time.

I don't know if this was a bug, if it can be solved by the miui settings or if it was a developer choice. In the latter case I would suggest leaving the option to keep the device gateway address static in future releases.

In any case, if anyone knows the solution to this problem, please come forward!!

Thanks!

Hi all! I recently upgraded my MIUI to version 12.1.3 Stable on my Mi Note 10.

After the update I noticed that I can no longer set a static ip address to the devices connected via the hotspot/USB tethering because the IPv4 address (gateway) of the phone changes every time I deactivate and activate the hotspot.

I always use the data connection since I have no ADSL/Fiber connection and being able to set a static address was very useful for me to remotely control my devices at any time without having to reconfigure the new addresses every time.

I don't know if this was a bug, if it can be solved by the miui settings or if it was a developer choice. In the latter case I would suggest leaving the option to keep the device gateway address static in future releases.

In any case, if anyone knows the solution to this problem, please come forward!!

Thanks!
Try changing this option:
19a4cd81b83e71aba876f0c2af2c61c3.jpg
1fccce2e9dfce29d67911f75f6d0f592.jpg

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk