Questions From The Uk

Alyourpal

Members
Sep 11, 2017
Hi

I've been looking for a new phone and the Mi 6 looks ideal for me.

My 4G network in the UK is supported but I have a few other questions.

WIll my banking app work - I'm aware that some Chinese phones appear rooted and so the app will not function.

Does Android Pay work?

Will an International Version bought from GearBest upgrade to the latest Gloabl ROM.

Will an official European version be available soon and is it worth waiting for it?

Many thanks

Al

WIll my banking app work - I'm aware that some Chinese phones appear rooted and so the app will not function.
Same in my case. My bank-app see my phone as "not official" but it does not impact to normale app usage : it's only a warning like "mate, it seems you're using a not official android version. Please take care about this because you could have some data loss or stolen etc etc"
In my case, I just ignore and app is working.
You should check your bank if you want more details...

Does Android Pay work?
no idea... never used...

Will an International Version bought from ******* upgrade to the latest Gloabl ROM.
bought from ?
I purchased my Mi6 from ******* and it was already with bootloader unlocked and official Global Stable ROM installed.
If you want keep Global Stable ROM you're ready to use it... Otherwise you can just install xiaomi.eu version.

Will an official European version be available soon and is it worth waiting for it?
"official european version"? what's this? Xiaomi never released an "european" versions.... Only Chinese version [china lang + eng] or Global version [multilang].

Hope this helps :)

Cheers.
I read something that they may be looking to do an official version for sale in the EU, but I think I'll pull the trigger on one from one of the online places. (the ******* was the same as the place you mentioned but must have been modded).
Just need to triple check it will work on 3.

please consider also the new Mi A1 : it has Android stock (so no problem or alerts with apps), good price, and very good hardware.
Mi A1 hardware is lower than Mi6 hardware.... But remember that MIUI rom is more heavy than Android stock and for this reason having a lower hardware is not a problem to have great performances on Android stock.

About "official version for sale in the EU" I don't know, sorry.

The A1 is too big for me.
I've looked at lots of phones in the flesh and found the Mi6 to be the same size as others I've seen in the shop.

Last edited:
Just confirming that all of the above work fine on the Global ROM.
And the 4G signal is fine too.
:)