[RADIO] All xiaomi mi2 radio thread

what is the baseband/radio for malaysia?
any categories ?
anyhow, what does version mean it?

If in Malasya the carrier operates in standard GSM frequency all of the baseband's are fine, you are free to test and report what's the best for you and help others in the future.:)

If in Malasya the carrier operates in standard GSM frequency all of the baseband's are fine, you are free to test and report what's the best for you and help others in the future.:)
thank dude for reply
got any app how to test it?

I've heard in stock Android that its not possible to view the frequency band of the radio. Does anyone know if its possible on MIUI for the 2S? Would be nice to see GSM or UMTS band info, other than on the box!

Reactions: deini
Hi ,
using mi2 on jlb 23 now
Question is:
earlier (on jlb14) noise suppression was perfect (absolutely without external noises), now on jlb 23 its less perfect, used both single and dual mic suppression, can it depend on radio? or hardware?
thanks

@kekkojoker90, where have info about create a flashable radio zip ? or flash it by command? Thanks

UPDATE:
Finally I found a XDA thread :), and do u know how to backup the original radio file ? is it possible using adb to backup ? like
adb pull /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem radio.bin
(this not working :( ) thanks

Last edited:
@steely.wing: look at the content of the zip files at OP and read the few first posts, that should give you an idea.

Alternatively: flash MIUI v5 to the unused System1 or System2 (in case you use True Dual Boot and CWM), this will flash the most up-to-date radio (aka modem) to the particular partition.

Note that flashing CM10.2/CM11 and many other custom ROMs does not touch the partition, where radio resides. Also, nandroid backups by CWM do not backup radio partition (hence any CWM restore does not touch radio either). If you are unsure, just decompress the ROM's zip file and check yourself if the radio file is there or not.

Reactions: steely.wing
What is the best radio?
I try 3.2.8 but I have problem with 3g in my home.
For installation i put package in my phone and through cwm install zip from sd card?
How I check if the installation is fine?

Thanks

This may be a shot in the dark, but is it possible to replace the hardware in the mi2s in order to give it LTE? (hardware upgrade). This phone is amazing but the lack of LTE is disappointing and am considering finding a different phone with LTE :( as I use my data/tethering for my main internet usage and the 3g is just too slow.

What's the relation between the radio versions in this thread and (minimum/related) Android version? Can we flash an older radio (from a pre 4.4 ROM) into a Kitkat ROM device and expect it to work?
I'm asking this concerning the Bluetooth problems I have, as I'm sharing most of the symptoms with the Nexus 4 and 5 owners in this (and all mentionned Android bug reports) thread(s) : http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...-still-suffer-from-assorted-bluetooth-issues/

The common base issue is the Qualcomm chipset used in the N4 and N5, v v close (or the same) to the one used in our Mi2(s).

One of the solution offered there was a flash of an older radio firmware, containing the BlueZ BT stack, instead of the newer (but buggy) Bluedroid drivers. That seemed to have helped some people. But I have no idea which of the here offered ones would be related to what driver/framework.
Any help here?

What's the relation between the radio versions in this thread and (minimum/related) Android version? Can we flash an older radio (from a pre 4.4 ROM) into a Kitkat ROM device and expect it to work?
I'm asking this concerning the Bluetooth problems I have, as I'm sharing most of the symptoms with the Nexus 4 and 5 owners in this (and all mentionned Android bug reports) thread(s) : http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...-still-suffer-from-assorted-bluetooth-issues/

The common base issue is the Qualcomm chipset used in the N4 and N5, v v close (or the same) to the one used in our Mi2(s).

One of the solution offered there was a flash of an older radio firmware, containing the BlueZ BT stack, instead of the newer (but buggy) Bluedroid drivers. That seemed to have helped some people. But I have no idea which of the here offered ones would be related to what driver/framework.
Any help here?

I don't think it matters. I am able to use modem 3.5.17 on both 4.1 and 4.4.

Hi,

I used CWM for flashing in Sys 1 and Sys 2 as well as the updater app but I always got the same baseband version under the About Phone settings. However, the problem which made me try different basebands doesn't exist any longer, so it doesn't matter anymore. Now I am back to JLB14 and enjoy a perfect signal (in Greece).
Thanks anyway ;)

I have the same case, flashing in the Sys 1 and Sys 2 through CWM a radio and I always got the same BaseBand version under the About Phone settings..very strange..
So someone can tell me if I flash correctly?
Maybe the BaseBand name didn't change but is different? Different way to check ?

And how to flash a radio with Miflash ??
Thank

@Netweaver @Natane since the only official release for mi2 is 4.1 there is no 4.4 radio.
The version is always the same because they don't change/update it.

I am sure this has been asked before, but is it possible to flash nexus 4 radios? Build number oft the baseband is the same, except the last digits...

Gesendet von meinem LG-V500 mit Tapatalk

Is anyone else getting the following issue?
When I connect to my bluetooth headset, 3G is fine. When I take a call, 3G drops out, and does not come back until after deconnecting and switching off bluetooth.
This happens on both stock miui and cyanogen nightly roms, with a plantronic m55. I'd like to test another device at one point.

I have an issue with the Phone that some people say it's a problem with the Radio. Every time I make or receive a Call, it suddenly hangs. I have been watching the behaviour of the phone during calls and there's no problem of signal, it simple crashes. Do you think it's a problem with radio? In that case, and taking into account that I have an MI 2-s, what version of the radio should I install?
Thanks and congratulations for your great work!

no because it has a different modem
not completely true. At beginning i flashed a radio from nexus 4 into mi2 and work everything except the auto brightness. After many i tried to flash the same baseband but without success (change in ramdisk/kernel?)

Hello,

I am on Vodafone Germany network and had big big big problems with a Mi2 using CM11.
Could not hear anything through earpiece. Voice was dropping.
Changing to speaker mode and back to earpiece temporarily fixed it but the phone was not useable like this.

What seems to help is to flash Radio FW 3.2.8_M9615ACEFWMAZM20128007.1_qctecmdr_20121217_005455

I have no Idea why this just occured from one day to another. Might be related towards VF network changes.
I do not know.

I have a BIG problem with calls - I either don't hear anything and the other person does not hear me or we hear each other for like 5 seconds and then silence. Sometimes switching the loud speaker on helps, but usually not.
I have performed factory reset but to no use. I have changed noise cancellation to use only one mic and it looked like it helped, but the next day it was bad again! Should I try to install some other radio version or should I just throw this stupid chineese crap to junk? Thank you.