ramdump triggered on aborted incoming call

cobben

Members
Dec 2, 2017
Mi Note 2 (scorpio).

This is more curious than a real problem, as it does not cause any noticeable disruption in how the phone works.

What happens is, nearly every time someone (my wife) makes a call to my phone, and then aborts the call herself, I find a set of ramdump_modem files in the ramdump directory.

Nothing else seems to happen, the phone continues working normally, as far as I have been able to determine.

But it should be an indication that something is not working correctly.

This has been going on since last fall at least, several times a month.
Running always the latest EU weekly.

I've tried looking through the files, but nothing I found seems to indicate what is going on.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Screenshot_2019-06-28-00-16-32-334_com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander.png

Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the operation the devices' modems, and we can't make any changes to how it works. The details you described don't make it any easier to even look for the problem as none of us has that device.

Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the operation the devices' modems, and we can't make any changes to how it works. The details you described don't make it any easier to even look for the problem as none of us has that device.

That's why I didn't post this as a 'bug'.

I would expect this behavior to appear in other devices as well.
Xiaomi has changed the baseband version several times during this period, so it's not just one modem version affected.