Red Rice IMEI / SIM problem

Herod2k

Members
Nov 11, 2013
Hi,

I´ve tried to install your firmware on my new Xiaomi Red Rice WCDMA but after the installation (and after a reset from CWM Recovery) the mobile phone doesn´t recongnize the SIM card.
Afeter a lot of research I noticed thath the IMEI number is invalid, I think that the SIM problem is connected with the IMEI problem.

Someone has the solution to restore the IMEI?

I have tried almoust everything that I found on internet, by ADB, by MT65xx.apk, by SN_GEN.exe and Mobile Uncle tools but without success.

I´m trying to use SN Write tool but I can´t connect the mobile phone with the SP Drivers.

I´ve also tried to restore the nand backup but nothing. I still don't a valid IMEI number.

Thanks
H2K

Same issue like we had with TD version at the beginning... You need SP flash tool version of Hongmi WCDMA firmware which we currently doesn't have... Only for TD version... There is no other way to restore your IMEI...

Check your modem version if its also missing...

~Tapatalk 4~

Could you pass me SP flash tool for TD version? I would try it. I don't have other options for now.

It can brick your device definitely... Its only for TD...

So for resume.. You made root, install our chinese CWM and after factory reset it wiped also IMEI, right?

~Tapatalk 4~

Yes
- Root
- Mobile Uncle Tools
- CWM Recovery
- Backup of NAND
- Flash New ROM
- Wipe data and cache
- Reboot

Did you try restore from backup?

~Tapatalk 4~

Nothing, I still don't have the IMEI
Try search that Chinese forum for SP Flash tool version of stock FW for WCDMA... its only way which can help you...

Modem (baseband) is wiped too, right..? Settings - About phone

Yes also baseband is wiped. I'm trying to search it in the chinese forums but often they don't say for wich version is and they don't use the word WCDMA they call it Unicom version (联通版 ).

Thaks for the help

Yes, that's why we though CWM should work for both models... but thank you for testing it and toy saved lot of new users... hope we will find out how to help you soon...

we had same issue with our TD version.. IMEI and Baseband lost, and only SP Flash tool FW fixed that.. that Chinese forum is good base to resolve your problem.. but lot of Chinese users doesn't know English so its hard sometimes...

As i know you can enter your imei manually from mtk tools. Did you try it

MI 2 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Ok I solved,

I write here the solution if someone like me has problem:
If you want you can change the recovery before to push Firmware Upgrade, selecting one of the three recovery that i linked.

You have to use the specific HM_Drivers.rar and SP_Flash_Tool_src_v3.1306.0.150.rar or you get TOOL DL image fail at the boot.

I Hope that this guide can help someone else :)

Regards
H2K

When the recovery is in chinese language can we have a picture where is the format data/cache????
The recovery: miui recovery_v1.0.img that I linked before is English/Chinese you can choose which language you prefer when you enter in the recovery mode.

H2K

The recovery: miui recovery_v1.0.img that I linked before is English/Chinese you can choose which language you prefer when you enter in the recovery mode.

H2K

Ok sorry for the misundestunding but i had the idea that was the Hongmi update recovery.
Thanks anyway
EDIT: It works this recovery for TD Hongmi version?? Because the recovery image on the thread for HONGMI update is in chinese and it will be very helpfull when this recovery it can be used for flashing ROMs.

Last edited:
I have question.

MTK Droid Tools is not working for Imei Fix ? Maybe IMEI change ?

Ok sorry for the misundestunding but i had the idea that was the Hongmi update recovery.
Thanks anyway
EDIT: It works this recovery for TD Hongmi version?? Because the recovery image on the thread for HONGMI update is in chinese and it will be very helpfull when this recovery it can be used for flashing ROMs.
I don't know because I don't have the TD-SCDMA version, but I think that it works also in the TD version
I have question.

MTK Droid Tools is not working for Imei Fix ? Maybe IMEI change ?

Should be works, but I think that my problem was more serious than a simply IMEI loss