Redmi K20 to Mi 9T conversion patch (MIUI 11 & 12 Android 10)

For me, I can't boot to system after each ROM update if I don't apply the patch... ^^

I don't remember if I applied the patch directly after formatting data/clean flashing in TWRP.

But... you can try this "Safe" conversion patch => TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_v3_Safe_Conversion_for_Stable.zip

Info: Mount "System" partition only (no need to mount "Vendor" for this version).

:)

What does the safe conversion patch not change in comparison to the "normal" patch?

I just tried the safe conversion patch and that one also locks me out of booting into system.

Steps I followed:
1. Downloaded the zip into the phone's storage
2. Booted into TWRP
3. Mounted System
4. Installed the zip
5. Wiped Dalvik & Cache
6. Rebooted into system

After that, every time I try to boot into system, it boots into recovery.

I now flashed the compatibility version (without camera) and that one works fine. I also don't need the camera watermark to be changed so I am fine with that one. Maybe I needed to flash that one all along as I used the K20 to Mi9T flash before in 11.0.2.0.

Stable one didn't work for me (Currently on Stable 11.0.4.0). Was stuck in bootloop. Weekly patch worked instead. Thank you!

Stable one didn't work for me (Currently on Stable 11.0.4.0). Was stuck in bootloop. Weekly patch worked instead. Thank you!
Thanks for your feedback. :)
I re-uploaded v3 for Stable, so if someone can (re)download and test it on 11.0.4.0 it would be nice. :D

New version "v4" => This version is able to create by itself a modded version of your currently installed MIUI Camera apk.

Hello, I was updating your patch after every ROM update. Thanks for great work. Now, when 20.3.12 is out, I noticed there's no new patch version here, so instead used LeonardoBordin's one (it states it has been updated to .12). Unfortunately it caused a bootloop. So went back to 20.3.5 and flashed v4 again. It's up and running again, but here comes a question - will be there a new version for .12 or can the v4 be safely used?

edit: when I was writing a message, I saw a new version. Thanks :)

• Love
Reactions: Poney70
Hello, I was updating your patch after every ROM update. Thanks for great work. Now, when 20.3.12 is out, I noticed there's no new patch version here, so instead used LeonardoBordin's one (it states it has been updated to .12). Unfortunately it caused a bootloop. So went back to 20.3.5 and flashed v4 again. It's up and running again, but here comes a question - will be there a new version for .12 or can the v4 be safely used?

edit: when I was writing a message, I saw a new version. Thanks :)
Hello, v4.1 (and v4 too) can be used after each new update without issue. ;)

Reactions: skylmt
Can I remove this mod? If I flash new weekly release without apply this mod, my mi 9t stucks to boot into twrp

Can I remove this mod? If I flash new weekly release without apply this mod, my mi 9t stucks to boot into twrp
Phone doesn't boot to system after ROM update because xiaomi.eu ROM has Nov, 2019 security patch date info and my patch set it to Jan, 2020. You can't downgrade the security patch date info... :(

Reactions: domthewizard
New version (v4.2):
- Better mount/unmount partitions checker
- Fix "bootanimation.zip" file installation

Phone doesn't boot to system after ROM update because xiaomi.eu ROM has Nov, 2019 security patch date info and my patch set it to Jan, 2020. You can't downgrade the security patch date info... :(
And I can't remove your patch even if I flash standard rom by mi flash?