Invalid Redmi K60 Pro - Socrates - "Okay Google" hotword while screen off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2018
I'm using the latest Dev version 14.0.23.7.17. Fresh install.

The issue i encounter is Google Assistant cannot be triggered using "Okay Google" or "Hey Google" hotword when screen off. It also rarely works with screen on.

Please help to advise what should i do to make it works properly.

Thank you.

Reactions: King author
It will never be possible for that device, no Global model so Google won't allow it.

Is this a new thing? I remember that you guys managed to get it work on K30 5G, although that device was also China exclusive.
I think what you're referring to is getting a Widevine L1 certificate on a China-exclusive device that doesn't come with it officially.
I'm not aware of any China-exclusive device that's able to use Google Voice Match in hardware mode (e.g. when the screen is off).

I think what you're referring to is getting a Widevine L1 certificate on a China-exclusive device that doesn't come with it officially.
I'm not aware of any China-exclusive device that's able to use Google Voice Match in hardware mode (e.g. when the screen is off).
You can check K30 5G again. I have been using it for a while. EU Stable 13.0.5 Android 12. Okay Google works from a screen off.

You can check K30 5G again. I have been using it for a while. EU Stable 13.0.5 Android 12. Okay Google works from a screen off.
I'm not sure what makes you think any of us ever had that device. We support dozens of devices but only have a few of them, all of them are high-end.
There is no point in arguing about it, and it's weird that you're even comparing a new device to one that was released 4 years ago.
Google Voice Match is a Google feature, and if Google were to enable hardware hotword detection for that model, you would be able to use it when the screen is off already. The required files to make it work are already there (but Google doesn't use them).

I'm not sure what makes you think any of us ever had that device. We support dozens of devices but only have a few of them, all of them are high-end.
There is no point in arguing about it, and it's weird that you're even comparing a new device to one that was released 4 years ago.
Google Voice Match is a Google feature, and if Google were to enable hardware hotword detection for that model, you would be able to use it when the screen is off already. The required files to make it work are already there (but Google doesn't use them).
Ok. Fair enough. I know you guys don't have all devices to make rom. What i said was K30 5G is China device, and Google Voice match worked on it, running EU rom. As you explained it's a feature decided by Google, thing is clear now. Thanks for ROM.

Reactions: King author
Status
Not open for further replies.