Reinstalled Bricked Phone: But Network Issues

pinkdot

Members
Jan 27, 2017
Hi all,
I bricked my phone by flashing some ROM on XDA. Lost imei.
I installed global stable rom using fastboot. And recovered Imei.

Most things work again except LTE (4G). If I activate LTE, it pops up for a few seconds and seems to crash. 3G workshop without any problems.
0cdc4a9d843d445f350ab0a2aa0485f3.jpg

I'm looking for a direction to solve this problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Greetings,
Martin
The Netherlands

Last edited:
Try this:
1. Dial *#*#4636#*#*
2. Select Phone Information for the slot where your SIM is located
3. Scroll down to preferred network type and select LTE/GSM auto (PRL)
4. Enter settings, SIM cards & mobile networks, access point names. Tap Reset at the bottom. Delete every other APN except the newly created.

Reactions: vladpaul
Thanks for the reply @MarkyO.

I tried that but still with the same result. II select LTE radio is turned off. Sometimes even it shows 'no SIM card detected'.
Phone gets really laggy when this happens. I tried also to flash a separate NON-HLOS.bin. But no luck.

I ordered a new SIM card but I doubt this will do the trick other SIM cards have the same issue.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

You said you lost your IMEI when flashing a ROM. So there must be something messed up in your QCN. Maybe you can fix this by flashing a working QCN from another device. Please note that you'll have to set your IMEIs again after flashing.

Reactions: pinkdot
Thanks. I will have a look at the gcn file. I used a copy from an unbrick tutorial on the official MIUI Website.
If I understand you correctly, the gcn file is specific for device and basebands? So, I need a gcn file for a Redmi 3S 3gb/32 and support for B20 800mhz?

Martin

Last edited:
Hi @MarkyO ,

Big thanks, the issue was indeed caused by a wrong QCN file. Big thanks for providing the correct one!
LTE is restored to its full glory!

Greetings,

Martin

Reactions: MarkyO
I had a similar problem with my 3s after an (global official!) OTA upgrade, 4G stopped working and crashed the phone. Only reflash with EDL solved it.

Reactions: MarkyO