[RN8] Problems with TWRP recovery

Hello. I have the same problem on Redmi note 7 (lavender). Is the there boot image to solve that problem?

Has anyone tried the latest MIUI 12.5 update to see if the decryption issue has (hopefully) been resolved?

Still using TWRP from geoanto555, working great over the last couple of weeklies.

Uhh... Not sure what "weeklies" you are referring to here because MIUI 12.5 (21.1.13) is the first update after the MIUI 12.3 (20.12.9) one - the one that originally caused decryption problems. Beta was suspended officially by Xiaomi during that one month gap but correct me if I'm wrong.

Uhh... Not sure what "weeklies" you are referring to here because MIUI 12.5 (21.1.13) is the first update after the MIUI 12.3 (20.12.9) one - the one that originally caused decryption problems. Beta was suspended officially by Xiaomi during that one month gap but correct me if I'm wrong.
There was a 21.01.06 for ginkgo

tampoco me funciono .. tengo el mismo problema .. sigue sin tener el cifrado .. y no arranca el sistema .. no toca reistalar la rom q tenia pa q start .. la 12.0.3 estable
[QUOTE = "fabiogameri, publicación: 582725, miembro: 259814"]
eres un maldito en dios, gracias hombre
[/CITAR]
Hola..!! hermano, ¿te elijo a ti? ¿Podrías resolver el problema de cifrado ...?

[QUOTE = "BanditGR, publicación: 578886, miembro: 172094"]
Misterio resuelto. El problema con TWRP en la última ROM para ginkgo se produjo debido a cambios en la imagen de arranque. Esta es también la razón por la que actualizar a una ROM anterior (que obviamente escribiría una nueva imagen de arranque) corregiría automáticamente el problema. Xiaomi, en su sabiduría no tan infinita, consideró oportuno implementar cambios en el kernel para que la recuperación no pudiera leer las claves de descifrado, al menos no sin recompilar el kernel. El problema fue investigado y solucionado en [USER = 235042] @Xiaomi [/ USER] -miui.gr.

Puede intentar flashear este TWRP: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ma34dbgir2hbnvi/twrp_ginkgo-willow_3.4A9_23-12-2020_BL.img/file

Debería funcionar para ROM 20.12.09 (y solo esta ROM por ahora).
[/CITAR]
estupendo .!! Me funcionó para la rom xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote8_21.1.13_v12-11 muchas gracias hermano .. !!!!

Oh... my apologies. You are right. From @BanditGR 's post, I believed the recovery would only work on that particular build only. Guess I will have to stick to this unofficial version of TWRP then. Thanks for the quick replies.

It still works and we don't anticipate any issues, unless of course Xiaomi decides again to tamper with the recovery kernel.

Reactions: geoanto555
Mystery solved. The issue with the TWRP on the latest ROM for ginkgo occured due to changes in the boot image. This is also the reason that flashing to a previous ROM (which would obviously write a new boot image) would automatically correct the issue. Xiaomi, in their not so infinite wisdom, saw fit to implement changes in the kernel so that the recovery would not be able to read the decryption keys, at least not without recompiling the kernel. The problem was investigated and fixed over @Xiaomi-miui.gr.

You can try flashing this TWRP: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ma34dbgir2hbnvi/twrp_ginkgo-willow_3.4A9_23-12-2020_BL.img/file

It should work for ROM 20.12.09 (and only this ROM for now).
I love you man! You are my hero! I flashed this TWRP version and I finally can format my data and wipe everything without any red codes. Thank you captain!

Mystery solved. The issue with the TWRP on the latest ROM for ginkgo occured due to changes in the boot image. This is also the reason that flashing to a previous ROM (which would obviously write a new boot image) would automatically correct the issue. Xiaomi, in their not so infinite wisdom, saw fit to implement changes in the kernel so that the recovery would not be able to read the decryption keys, at least not without recompiling the kernel. The problem was investigated and fixed over @Xiaomi-miui.gr.

You can try flashing this TWRP: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ma34dbgir2hbnvi/twrp_ginkgo-willow_3.4A9_23-12-2020_BL.img/file

It should work for ROM 20.12.09 (and only this ROM for now).

this is what i get when i try to flash this twrp image:

fastboot flash recovery twrpfixed.img

target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'recovery' (65536 KB)...
FAILED (remote: Requested download size is more than max allowed
)
finished. total time: 0.000s

this is what i get when i try to flash this twrp image:

fastboot flash recovery twrpfixed.img

target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'recovery' (65536 KB)...
FAILED (remote: Requested download size is more than max allowed