[RN8] Problems with TWRP recovery

[QUOTE = "dexterv, publicación: 606863, miembro: 268597"]
¿Instalaste el TWRP desde geoanto555?
[/CITA]

Yes, I did, and I bricked my phone. Do you know if installing another ROM would fix the problem?

You need to format data. I had the same issue at the start. I hope you backed up your data beforehand.

[QUOTE = "Vyto-Khron, publicación: 606936, miembro: 281407"]
Necesita formatear los datos. Tuve el mismo problema al principio. Espero que hayas hecho una copia de seguridad de tus datos de antemano.
[/CITA]

Yes, thx. Do u have a video?

Old thread, same problem
Where do I find ROM 20.12.09
and can I flash it if I have a newer rom? This is a disaster!

I think I installed global V11.0.11.0.PCOMIXM_20201001.0000.00.9

And this one I can use which TWRP to overcome this maddening encryption problem so I can flash root? For RN8
I see your phone is RN8 and not Redmi8
Rom is following, sorry for my mismatch...
IF issue with dencryption in TWRP, just load the zip rom in your phone SD card and select it in TWRP.
Then install the zip.
That is the perfect way to bypass TWRP encryption issue. (When TWRP is open and ask for PW you hit "cancel" and select SDcard in install section, check it is well mounted.)
TWRP:

Last edited:
IF issue with dencryption in TWRP, just load the zip rom in your phone SD card and select it in TWRP.
Then install the zip.
That is the perfect way to bypass TWRP encryption issue. (When TWRP is open and ask for PW you hit "cancel" and select SDcard in install section, check it is well mounted.)
TWRP:
I have tried that and it does not work. It gives the dreaded RED ERROR list no matter where I flash from.

Given that I can not use TWRP to flash, that ROM is also unflashable because I can only flash a ROM through FASTBOOT and there is no Flash_all.bat

Last edited:
Then install the zip.
TWRP:

I can not run anything even by dropping a zip file on the sd card. EVERYTHING is read only from TWRP

Last pic added is from trying to flash a zip that is on the sd card. It says that it was successful but actually it caused the RN8 not to fully boot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-22-17-25-16[1].png
    Screenshot_2021-06-22-17-25-16[1].png
    250.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_2021-06-23-14-24-29.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-23-14-24-29.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_2021-06-23-14-24-22.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-23-14-24-22.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Screenshot_2021-06-23-14-24-29.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-23-14-24-29.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I would like to install the ROM you have posted above but it seems only fastboot roms can be flashed in the state I'm in now

I would like to install the ROM you have posted above but it seems only fastboot roms can be flashed in the state I'm in now
first point:
Quote:
I can not run anything even by dropping a zip file on the sd card. EVERYTHING is read only from TWRP
------------------------------------------------------
You ticked "keep read only" in TWRP opening?
Second:
Stop playing with "forceencrypt zip file" . You don't need it for the steps I suggested.
third:
A clean stock rom flash via Miflash would refresh your entire phone and let you restart in a better position.
Fourth:
I can not do more in order to help you from my place. sorry
Did you check the web for any reported case similar your?

first point:
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------
You ticked "keep read only" in TWRP opening?
NO I have not.

Second:
Stop playing with "forceencrypt zip file" . You don't need it for the steps I suggested.
third:
Good because I can't install it anyway

A clean stock rom flash via Miflash would refresh your entire phone and let you restart in a better position.
I have done that several times, I am now on a stock rom with no modification at all

Fourth:
I can not do more in order to help you from my place. sorry
Did you check the web for any reported case similar your?

Yes and there a people on XDA struggling with this new problem and several other random posts across the web

and I do very much appreciate that you have tried to assist. Thank You!

So, I managed to find a TWRP version that works. I flashed MAgisk 19.3 and it says it worked but it did not root phone. Ran root check and no root, was not able to even open Magisk Mgr from the app drawer.

So, I managed to find a TWRP version that works. I flashed MAgisk 19.3 and it says it worked but it did not root phone. Ran root check and no root, was not able to even open Magisk Mgr from the app drawer.

The latest official TWRP works now (thanks to our new maintainer). He also maintains PitchBlack recovery which is a good alternative to OrangeFox.

Hi guys
Could you instruct me what to do if on my unlocked RN8, I try to boot TWRP through fastboot boot TWRP.img, everything is OK, but phone restarts and start default ROM?

Hi guys
Could you instruct me what to do if on my unlocked RN8, I try to boot TWRP through fastboot boot TWRP.img, everything is OK, but phone restarts and start default ROM

Hi guys
Could you instruct me what to do if on my unlocked RN8, I try to boot TWRP through fastboot boot TWRP.img, everything is OK, but phone restarts and start default ROM?
Hello,

Some TWRP (generally old ones) don't support "fastboot boot twrp.img" command. So you have to do this:

Use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" command, then hold " Volume + " and " Power " buttons of your phone simultaneously until you see the TWRP's splashscreen.

;)

Hello,

Some TWRP (generally old ones) don't support "fastboot boot twrp.img" command. So you have to do this:

Use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" command, then hold " Volume + " and " Power " buttons of your phone simultaneously until you see the TWRP's splashscreen.

;)
Thanks, your suggestions works well but unfortunately I have problem, because there was mistake in the instruction which I had.
I entered recovery, but before I installed rom wipe data by:
- Format data and
- Made factory reset. It seems everything is empty now.
(sorry it's my first try)

Please help!!

Thanks, your suggestions works well but unfortunately I have problem, because there was mistake in the instruction which I had.
- Format data and

Please help!!
And? Simply put the ROM file again (via USB) and install it, no? ^^

But some users with Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) suggest to use OrangeFox Recovery instead of TWRP.

For installing OrangeFox, put the "OrangeFox" zip file in the root of your phone's storage and install it in TWRP. Download link => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145740565

;)

- Format data and

Please help!!
Hopelly android is smarter then me, so original rom remain, I can try again.

Could you just tell me: I launched TWPR 3.5 by geoanto555.

I can just install rom.zip or shall enter to Advanced and select Install TWRP app or it's not needed?

Thanks!

Hopelly android is smarter then me, so original rom remain, I can try again.

Could you just tell me: I launched TWPR 3.5 by geoanto555.

I can just install rom.zip or shall enter to Advanced and select Install TWRP app or it's not needed?

Thanks!
1) Install ROM.zip

2) Go in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button

3) Reboot your device

No need to install the TWRP app. ;)

And? Simply put the ROM file again (via USB) and install it, no? ^^

But some users with Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) suggest to use OrangeFox Recovery instead of TWRP.

For installing OrangeFox, put the "OrangeFox" zip file in the root of your phone's storage and install it in TWRP. Download link => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145740565

;)
Thank you Poney! I will follow last instructions without OrangeFox!