[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Wait so this 1.3.5 does oncorperate the fixes? keyboard, power button, etc? And the dual kernel will fix 3g correct?

Coolio yo. I downloaded a 1.3.5 yesterday and they weren't there so I wanted to double check. I'll re-download and try again.

Im sorry that i cant help with this my fiancee is in the hospital right now. Everyone keep up the good work with this

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Im sorry that i cant help with this my fiancee is in the hospital right now. Everyone keep up the good work with this

Dont worry about it..Fiancee is WAY more important. Best wishes, i hope she gets better!

Oh gosh. I do hope everything will be okay.

@asdfghjkl, when do you plan on working on the gb build? I need to get back in on this editing game.

P.S: I love that I can just slide my finger down my keyboard to type your name.

Oh gosh. I do hope everything will be okay.

@asdfghjkl, when do you plan on working on the gb build? I need to get back in on this editing game.

P.S: I love that I can just slide my finger down my keyboard to type your name.

LMFAO!! I like simplicity xD

and ive been replacing libs in and out from cm7 but no go...i deleted alot that was just HTC crap...using same build.prop from 1.3.5 (should i use a different one?) and umm same meta-inf folder..changed some things in /system/etc . Replaced with things from CM7..also im using the bmlwrite and zimage from cm7 (since its gb i assumed it would need a gb kernel)..i havnt checked anything in framework yet..im trying to be simple now and just get it to boot...also tried the dual boot kernel with no luck.. Any ideas?? Your a better dev than me..im just guessing here lol

I got the camcorder working in the 1.3.5 build, but unfortunately, another file fc's, preventing me from accessing the gallery.. haven't tried the mms thing yet since i can't access the gallery, but I'll see if I can receive.

Take care of family first Raymond! Best of luck!

LMFAO!! I like simplicity xD

and ive been replacing libs in and out from cm7 but no go...i deleted alot that was just HTC crap...using same build.prop from 1.3.5 (should i use a different one?) and umm same meta-inf folder..changed some things in /system/etc . Replaced with things from CM7..also im using the bmlwrite and zimage from cm7 (since its gb i assumed it would need a gb kernel)..i havnt checked anything in framework yet..im trying to be simple now and just get it to boot...also tried the dual boot kernel with no luck.. Any ideas?? Your a better dev than me..im just guessing here lol

The build.prop for the GB build? It should be uinversal, if everything is edited properly. Haha I wish I was a better dev, i'm a hit and miss guy myself. Have you tried using another gingerbread kernel? I'd just keep flashing until it works lol

I got the camcorder working in the 1.3.5 build, but unfortunately, another file fc's, preventing me from accessing the gallery.. haven't tried the mms thing yet since i can't access the gallery, but I'll see if I can receive.

Do you know what you did to get it working?..i cant get apktool to work at all so i cant fix mms...tmrw ahmgsk should be giving me his GB buid and tips and pointers...im going to try all night for sms lol

What can't you get working with apktool? It's simple. You just have to install JRE, and make sure java.exe is in your PATH. Then it's exactly as he said. I'm not sure exactly which file did it, because I copied most of the media directory over. If it's something else with apktool, let me know.

What can't you get working with apktool? It's simple. You just have to install JRE, and make sure java.exe is in your PATH. Then it's exactly as he said. I'm not sure exactly which file did it, because I copied most of the media directory over. If it's something else with apktool, let me know.

Its funny but its like the hardest thing ever for me xD i gave up...but yea trying for sms to make it my daily lol

EDIT: So you replaced media folder? What rom did you pull the files from??

EDIT 2: Alright, i followed the steps to fix mms and camcorder...but i cant recompile and sign the framework.jar :/ i asked someone on xda if they could do it..either way i wont be able to test until tomorrow and il upload if its better...Going to bed now....wont be here tomorrow because of finals and papers :/

I copied the media folder from midnight ROM, but it was giving me FCs constantly, but the camcorder worked. I tried from CM7 for the Nexus S, and it won't boot at all when I do that. Going to see what else I can figure out.

Can you compile and sign my framework.jar please? I think I fixed a couple things but I can't test it lol

I copied the media folder from midnight ROM, but it was giving me FCs constantly, but the camcorder worked. I tried from CM7 for the Nexus S, and it won't boot at all when I do that. Going to see what else I can figure out.

Why were you copying the media folders? Battery notifications, shutdown animations, and phone sounds? Haha I just don't understand how that would get the camcorder working!

Why were you copying the media folders? Battery notifications, shutdown animations, and phone sounds? Haha I just don't understand how that would get the camcorder working!

I think he decompiled first and copied smali/android/media...or something like that..

Sooo yea anybody know how to compile an apk and sign it? I think i have mms and camcorder working but cant compile so i cant test...anyone??? compile into ".apk" and rename ".jar"

I think he decompiled first and copied smali/android/media...or something like that..

Yes, decompiled framework.jar and modified the smale/android/media folder.. didn't work when I just changed the camcorder profile and the camera profile.. trying to figure this out.. even installed Android SDK etc.. :) Nothing like learning on the fly.