[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

I think thats supposed to be there. it calls for the folder and 2 lines below calls for the zimage. without that we have no working kernel (i think)
Does anyone have the ported GB build that failed? I want to look into this now.. please and thank you

I agree, it's supposed to be there, but in your rom you have those files in the base directory, not the /kernel-update directory.. I'll flash as soon as I can (had to Odin) and see if it works better)

I think thats supposed to be there. it calls for the folder and 2 lines below calls for the zimage. without that we have no working kernel (i think)
Does anyone have the ported GB build that failed? I want to look into this now.. please and thank you

i deleted my download of gb after it not working sorry..

OK. il take your word for it lol i have no clue what im doin when it somes to update scripts..i pulled it from xda MIUI.

Before i forget: @fusingblackrose and @mike_77. ADD: ahmgsk.mod@gmail.com to gtalk. He will be helping us with the small problems like keyboard and power button and he is supplying me with his current gb build sunday..Need anything you can ask him. He expressed he is more than glad to help and hes a really cool guy (guy/girl idk...i think guy lol) And hes an AMAZING dev!!

ahmgsk is an amazing dev.. if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't even know what MIUI was. It's his ROM that got me started, and then the thread led me to here. Now I just want a stable, functional version. :D

technically im just like yall....'new to this' however, i do have a little bit of something something. I figured if you guys who say you have no experience and are new to android....hell why cant i?

we are only as strong as our weakest link, and times like this is what makes the community bigger for the epic community right?

so who am i not to help :)

Well, here's the status:

fusingblackrose ported the files, and asdfhjkl and I are attempting to get RIL to work by moving files from the /system/lib folder over... editing build.prop, and update-script. We have a working phone connection, but not working 3g, keyboard, or power button, along with who knows what else not working.. so trying to solve that atm.

Well, here's the status:

fusingblackrose ported the files, and asdfhjkl and I are attempting to get RIL to work by moving files from the /system/lib folder over... editing build.prop, and update-script. We have a working phone connection, but not working 3g, keyboard, or power button, along with who knows what else not working.. so trying to solve that atm.

Yea thats pretty much it. I REALLY edited the build.prop with things from bonsai and google so lets see how it goes..

asdfghjkl... I flashed yours and it's virtually the same point as mine was. A newer build does nothing.. lol.. I gotta take my dogs out and let them play, so will be back in a few.

I'm using ext4. It isn't very functional, so flashing it probably isn't advised, unless you are trying to help fix it :)

Wow, works pretty good. Flashed on rfs with dual kernal from xda. Phone worked but had to toggle speaker sometimes to hear other person. Wifi working. Usb working. No sms. Good job. Loving it!
Edit: after turning off wifi, 3g is working. Sweet
Edit : can send SMS. Nut not receive

Oooooh lol sorry. Haha after we got the Froyo build working, I just put it in a folder :p i'll try to get it working again if I can lol

Oooooh lol sorry. Haha after we got the Froyo build working, I just put it in a folder :p i'll try to get it working again if I can lol

ok, so i tried to get gb miui to work with cm7 /bin and kernel but nothing,...can you show me how to use that kitchen? i want to try and port from vibrant or fascinate...