[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Thanks man! Il upload it so you can try it out cuz im writing a paper (5 pages and im on 1) and i have lots more to do lol

lol yea i renamed it .apk and used apk manager...i just renamed it .jar so hopefully it works lol

Thanks man! Il upload it so you can try it out cuz im writing a paper (5 pages and im on 1) and i have lots more to do lol

lol yea i renamed it .apk and used apk manager...i just renamed it .jar so hopefully it works lol

Ok. Will try in a little bit and post results

Ok. Will try in a little bit and post results

yea it killed it..i probably decompiled wrong cuz it didnt get passed the "click android to begin"...lol could you decompile it the right way for mw...il upload that and bonsai (which will be framework1.jar)...Thanks...

Btw i added a kernel_update folder and added bmlwrite and zimage from dualboot into it and got rid of what we had...

Here is the link to both frameworks...Thanks for doing the decompiling man..i just couldnt get it to install or work..i really am dumb lol xD

I get an error when trying with those files for some reason.. Will work on it in a bit, spending some time with my family :)

EDIT: I got it, it was an error on my part.. :( LOL

Here's the decompiled .jar files http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26970352/Archive.zip

Thanks! and dude dont worry about it. Spend time with the fam..its always important. Il try switching over the files now and il post it back so you can compile whenever you have free time. GO enjoy your time with your family!! lol

Btw ive been trying to ask people to help compile this so you could work on something else but nobody even replies over at XDA :/

LOL.. I'm in and out of here on this one. Spending time with them is my priority, but in the dead moments, do something, then run back out! :D I can't even post in the developer section at xda since I don't have my mando 10 posts, even though I've been registered there since October.. LOL

LOL.. I'm in and out of here on this one. Spending time with them is my priority, but in the dead moments, do something, then run back out! :D I can't even post in the developer section at xda since I don't have my mando 10 posts, even though I've been registered there since October.. LOL

LMAO ive just PM'd them.. well here is the new framework.jar .
Can you please compile again?? lol thanks

Amazing work guys! I've been wanted this ROM very badly on my Epic. With work slowing down for ahmgsk, it looked like it would never happen.. but you guys came thru in the clutch!

Amazing work guys! I've been wanted this ROM very badly on my Epic. With work slowing down for ahmgsk, it looked like it would never happen.. but you guys came thru in the clutch!

I wish i had half the skills that ahmgsk has lol this would be alot easier. Everytime i try to fix mms something force closes :/ Last time it was com.android.media and now its com.android.setupwizard...all i need is sms and i would use it all the time lol i really could use ahmgsk's help but sadly i have to write a paper and study for finals now...later tonight (around 1) im going to try GB once again...this time instead of decompiling bonsai framework im going to use vibrant...

I wish i had half the skills that ahmgsk has lol this would be alot easier. Everytime i try to fix mms something force closes :/ Last time it was com.android.media and now its com.android.setupwizard...all i need is sms and i would use it all the time lol i really could use ahmgsk's help but sadly i have to write a paper and study for finals now...later tonight (around 1) im going to try GB once again...this time instead of decompiling bonsai framework im going to use vibrant...

I know what you mean. I got finals coming up as well!

I know what you mean. I got finals coming up as well!

Lol goodluck man!! I know ive got a LONG night ahead of me xD Ive actually been playing with the update-script lol

The GB build is p****ng me off man. I cant get it to boot!! Which is why im stuck with 1.3.5 :(( il definitely try more this weekend because spring term will be done!! lol

I would wait on Gingerbread until the Nexus S 4G hits, which will be soon. Get Froyo working and quit screwing up your head lol.

Yea lol it probably will be easier..Ahmgsk has it kind of working and hes supposed to give it to me to see what we can do to it lol

Ive tried doing the EVO sms, mms, camcorder fix but it kills other things...the last froyo fix i tried didnt even boot lol

If anyone knows how we can get these bugs fixed let us know lol. And if anyone is willing to flash something to see if it fixes anything please let me know as i flash about 10 times a day trying to fix things and i miss alot of calls and texts lol

New link, i deleted the old file

This has no fix really just the build.prop actually says 1.3.5 and updater-script is edited.
oh and 3g works after you toggle wifi. Dual fs kernel is built in now...

thanks to darkierawr for decompiling, recompiling and testing until 3 am...

Want me to post that on the first thread?

Once again, sorry for the lack of contact from me, I've been really busy. But hey, looks like things over here are pretty much under control with asdfghjkl leading, so i'll leave you guys to it. But i'll still be here with any help I can give, and change the ROM version and whatnot. But I shall be working on getting other ports started as well.

Yea sure. And no prob we understand if your busy. Thanks for giving us something to start with. without the first port i wouldve never been able to get it to boot lol

EDIT: could you PM me a guide on how to use that port kitchen?

I can flash, i am at work so i cant compile or anything, but if something is downloadable i can flash it and nand back. (cant at work though if you think i will need to odin for any reason)

lol its ok. on another note, We need beta testers...lol i love this rom but i hate flashing more than 20 times a day and restoring nandroids xD

I will also try it out later tonight if not tomorrow. Is there a way to automatically report logs included in the rom? What bugs are you specifically looking for? Also try posting a NEW thread over at XDA, androidcentral forums. I'm sure you'll get a lot of testers in no time!

No its ok.. thanks though. Right now i just need someone to compile a framework.jar for me and i dont mind flashing something like that lol problem is i cant compile...lol