[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Yea but you and me tried that already lol and it didnt boot..thats why i want to see if it works this way ..its a stretch though..

ANd i just checked the Evo forum and apparently 1.3.5 isnt a full rom? o_O im downloading it from vibrant or fascinate to replace framework...

What was the last framework suppose to change? It booted when I pasted it into the folder seems to be working fine.

mine won't give root explorer superuser permissions :/

Thats weird...i havnt experienced that and ive flashed over 50 times in the last 2 days...and @kleeman7, that was the framework from ahmgsk's rom...it should have the sms receive fix in there...send yourself a text and if you receive it thats awesome!

I already tried swapping the Facinate framework and it wouldnt boot. They do have SMS working so I know were missing something.

Yep. Version 5. Why? Are you thinking older?

nvm lol i didnt notice v4 and v5 where still the same....I really want sms to work. Thats ALL i need xD

Edit: I was talking to ahmgsk earlier and he said he could probably find the file he used to fix the problem...

Did you ask ahgsmk how they got SMS working before? Just out of curiosity.. :) There has to be something we've missed, that they know about :)

Yea he said something about a databearer or something in his framework.jar ...im going to ask jamezelle over at fascinate forum is they can help me.

I haven't tried texts yet, but I ported Mikes 1.3.5 from the other day into the existing 1.2.11 build we had and I got a bootable working rom. camcorder doesn't work and I still have to toggle WiFi for 3G on boot

I jus opened the framework folders from both Ahmgsk and the 1.3.5 file and noticed that they have different icons. so i opened the properties and they have different "Host OS:" Ahmgsk's are UNIX and 1.3.5's are FAT. and the 1.3.5 file also has an Attributes:A slot that Ahmgsk doesnt. could either of these be a problem in the framework folder?

I took the bearer data from cm6 beta, compiling now and will test.. can't work on it much more until later tonight.