[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Status six? Hold on, I'll check to see what's up.

Edit: I just converted the updater-script to update-script, and checked it for errors. It says it was fine. But i'll triple check it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I also flashed the version 3 and it said status 6

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Alright, i'll post another version of the 1.3.18 on here. For now, the 1.1.21 should be fine, but i'm thinking i'll try gingerbread the next port?

Figured out the problem! I edited the script with Wordpad, and I can't do that, because it writes it wrong. But now, i'm using notepad...haha ^^

Edit: Updated the script, now re-uploading the ROM again. Try flashing and see if any more errors arise.

I flashed the rom and it said opening package updated script no error message installation aborted status 7

Sigh. I shall see what the problem is!

Edit: I'll keep working on the v3 port, but, something is going buggy on it, so I might as well start working on the gb port as well. Then i'll post both up, and whatever one works is the one i'll keep.

You cant flash version 3 right now because it doesn't work yet. And about 4g no it doesnt work yet

MIUI doesn't support 4G. I'll try putting v4 out tomorrow, so if you can wait, then wait!

Thanks so much for your work on this, especially since you don't even have an Epic. I ran the Miui rom from XDA for awhile, and loved it! Just needs a few more things working for use as a daily driver. The dev is doing a great job, but only so many hours in a day. Will donate for sure when this is working. Thanks again!

No problem, I'm here for the people of MIUI. I'll try my best to keep this updated, but I'll need all of your feedback. But for now, just know that ill try my best to get this working. I can't really get to my laptop tonight, but tomorrow morning, I'll be working on a new port with a camera fix.

I just want to make sure that this will be ext4 compatible right cuz most epic owners run ext4 filesystem and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the flashing proses getting an error. I tried and it gave me an error of status 7 I'm running clockworkmod 3.0.0.6

Sent from my SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Usually Status 7 means it's the rom ROM for the wrong phone. I'm checking the build.prop and updater-script, but they should all point to the Epic 4G.

hmmm.....

Should it be back to "updateR-script" or did u need to switch it to updatE-script again?

Isn't it updater-script? I thought I converted it. If not, try installing it from Amon-Ra. If it was update-script, then that little Edify notification would pop up. Did it?

It asks if you wanted to convert it back to updater-script before compiling. I just checked, and I did. I'm still working on the error, but I also tried my hand at a v4 GB build as well. It's almost done uploading, and i'll change the link in a sec.

Is the v4 gingerbread version dual file system? Im currently on rfs, just wanna name sure before I test it