[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

im in the process of converting to ext4...did it boot up at all?? bring back old apps and data?

and the vibrant version might help out..maybe just a little..

well apps and data wouldnt be brought back because i wipe data and cache 3 times...
but it boots up all the way, to midnightrom... :(

well apps and data wouldnt be brought back because i wipe data and cache 3 times...
but it boots up all the way, to midnightrom... :(

well i guess i wont be flashing until tonight..work :/ ...il try and odin to eb13, ext4 and then flash..or even play around and look at cm7 files and bonsai and compare...

Waaaaaaaaaaait a minute....what version of CWM are you using again? I don't use CWM anymore because CWM has had problems installing everything after updating past 3.0. you can try flashing with Amon-Ra, i've been using this since CWM was updated.

we dont have an amon-ra recovery...has to be built from scratch for us and no one wants to pick it up

i'm on 3.0.0.6... but we dont have amon-ra for epic... i can downgrade to cwm 2.5 ish... but i would have to do that after work. otherwise i am stuck with 3.0.0.6...

So this is not going to happen right now

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Can you do a froyo build with everything working?

Will you have it up by tomorrow

Take your time if you have too

Does it Boot.

Excuse me but I'm new here and I just wanted to confirm, does v4.2 Boot correctly, and also not to be bogus but, are you near releasing a FroYo version with everything working? Because I'd much rather we accomplish that then trying to get to GingerBread right away. Also, you're a beast for doing this all without a device. Real talk, thank you.

Right now, the Gingerbread build DOES successfully install on the phone, but it's having some problems working. So, tomorrow, i'll be working on a Froyo build, fully functional, probably the one right before Gingerbread was implemented. I actually have a build like that now, I just need to put in a fresh script. Tomorrow, it will be added.

Right now, the Gingerbread build DOES successfully install on the phone, but it's having some problems working. So, tomorrow, i'll be working on a Froyo build, fully functional, probably the one right before Gingerbread was implemented. I actually have a build like that now, I just need to put in a fresh script. Tomorrow, it will be added.

Great! I can't wait ti try this as soon as I get home lol

I'm gonna just try replacing the script that gave me the status 6 error. If that one works, then that's the one i'll be using primarily for now. compiling soon!

v3-2 Froyo - just added the updater-script from v4, the one not edited with Wordpad. Hopefully it'll boot this time.