[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

fusingblackrose

Members
Nov 28, 2010
After a long due break, fusingblackrose is now back in the MIUI game ;D

Welcome to the official Samsung Epic 4G thread. Currently, the ROM DOES flash and boot properly, so right now, we're just getting out the bugs to make it as stable as possible.

All credit goes to Mike_77 and asdfghjkl for first compiling.

1.8.5 test v2: Download
English pack: Will be uploaded when 1.8.5 is working properly.

Don't know what works/doesn't work, don't even know if it boots, so, please, flash and try for me.

Older Builds:
1.3.5: http://www.multiupload.com/KAA7KP8MA0

- The Epic 4G Team: fusingblackrose, asdfghjkl, Mike_77, and raymond

Keep up the gd work thanks for doing this

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I downloaded it and i was able to boot up but it needs a lot of work

My brother can't can't boot it up he said that the installation aborted when he flashed it. Can you look into that.

Status 6 is a script error, probably means I left something out I suppose, although if you got it, then it should work. v3 will have it fixed. Are there any problems you have so far? Ill work on those too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Camera doesnt work & video playback doesnt really work in HQ & video camera & mms pic message cant receive or send.

Oh I know exactly how to fix that. Ill get an update to you by tomorrow. Thank you very much for taking the time to flash it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

It is great!!!Thanks for all your hard work!! I'm curious the v3 or v4 will based on miui 1.3.11

The way I see it, I can try to get one working on v1.3.11. And If I do, i'll try just bumping up all the way to 1.4.1, or whatever one it is right before gingerbread. And if THAT works...well...then gingerbread it is. :)

I am a noob and haven't flashed a custom ROM yet. At this point, which is better and more stable: the one in this thread or the XDA one? Also, what MIUI build is v2 based on?
@fusingblackrose
Would it be possible for you to make a video or at least screenshots so I can see what it looks like? Also, is 4G working?

I have NO idea which one is more stable. MIUI in general isn't that stable, so it's a 50/50 shot, but judging by the comments, i'm pretty sure either one will work. Although i'd go with the XDA one right now, i've still got to fix the camera and mms (which i'm working on now). Also, I don't have the phone (I'm using the HTC Evo) but i'm pretty sure people can post some screenies on this thread, if it's not too much trouble.

@fusingblackrose
That's pretty awesome that you could build a ROM without having the phone. You said you needed testers, and the best way to get that is probably to post this on XDA.

Also, not to rush you, but when are you planning to release v3? In Dev lingo, would this be considered an Alpha?

Mhm, that would be correct. As ports go, MIUI really hasn't gotten out of the beta stages to begin with. So the unofficial ports would be alphas. And i'm working on 1.3.18 right now! And yes, 1.1.21 is older than 1.2.11. It's the date. January 21 vs February 11. For example, the next rom wil be 1.4.22, or Friday, April 22 (updates come out every Friday)