[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

I would love this rom to be 100%, I don't mind flashing at all. I would love to learn about programming android, but for now I will be a guinea pig and test things.

I would love this rom to be 100%, I don't mind flashing at all. I would love to learn about programming android, but for now I will be a guinea pig and test things.

Haha wouldn't we all. fusingblackrose is the only one of us with actual developing skills.

I have that same issue, lol. Im gonna start helping with the froyo build. I've been messing with the GB crap alnight splicing Galaxy S crap managed to get to a MIUI boot screen and then completely wrecked my phone lol. Flashing with ODIN back to stock =p.

Thats still something! Would you mind sending it over?

Whst exactly do you do to get 3g working, I had it working earlier but its hit or miss sometimes.

Theme Manager still doesn't work. Just resets back to the default no matter which ones I choose. :(

I think you may have to ask asdfghjkl how he got 3G working, when I started, I don't think it was. I'll add Theme Manager to the list of non-working stuff as well. But it's getting there, be patient ^_^

My Theme Manager can work,but the call bug is annoying!! 3G didn‘t work at beginning,but it worked after i made a call。。。idk why!

Rom working great after wifi toggle. Camera works fine. :) texting, 3g, pretty much everything I use except GPS is fine

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I think you may have to ask asdfghjkl how he got 3G working, when I started, I don't think it was. I'll add Theme Manager to the list of non-working stuff as well. But it's getting there, be patient ^_^

3G was fixed by copying all the files with *ril* from CM7 into MIUI... Also, don't have to toggle wifi on/off, it just takes a minute or two to come on.. SMS is working for me too, I just had to reboot my phone..

Also, on a random side note.. don't laugh, but my previous phone was a Samsung Instinct. While waiting for my SMS tests last night, I received them... on both my Epic and my Instinct (which is no longer supposed to be activated.. LOL)

3G was fixed by copying all the files with *ril* from CM7 into MIUI... Also, don't have to toggle wifi on/off, it just takes a minute or two to come on.. SMS is working for me too, I just had to reboot my phone..

Also, on a random side note.. don't laugh, but my previous phone was a Samsung Instinct. While waiting for my SMS tests last night, I received them... on both my Epic and my Instinct (which is no longer supposed to be activated.. LOL)

ok.... i am not laughing at you. i am laughing with you. WOW! I went from flip phones to the htc dash (windows 6) to an iphone, to a g1 to an iphone 3g. then switched from tmobile to sprint.... to the htc hero(great), to the moment(not so great) to the epic. i buy and sell alot...
and you are right about the wifi toggle, i have restarted my phone a couple times with no issues.
but i was suprised by the camera and gps fully working. :)

Yea the dual kernel is supposed to fix the theme manager and the 3g...it just takes a bit to start up like mike said lol damn im gone for a day and i miss all the fun :p i think i left it out of the 1.3.5 i uploaded so flash the dualkernel from xda il be back and working on mms after 11 ( i have to study and take a final lol) and i can send you a GB build that boots up to the animations but loops there forever if you want it..ive tried EVERYTHING with that rom..its using the CM7 kernel at the moment.

EDIT: posted on XDA so they can enjoy the magic too lol

Yea the dual kernel is supposed to fix the theme manager and the 3g...it just takes a bit to start up like mike said lol damn im gone for a day and i miss all the fun :p i think i left it out of the 1.3.5 i uploaded so flash the dualkernel from xda il be back and working on mms after 11 ( i have to study and take a final lol) and i can send you a GB build that boots up to the animations but loops there forever if you want it..ive tried EVERYTHING with that rom..its using the CM7 kernel at the moment.

EDIT: posted on XDA so they can enjoy the magic too lol

Here's the referenced Dual Boot Kernel: http://www.multiupload.com/GTUOUQFMNC

maybe im thinking ahead and its not first priority

but i wonder what its gonna take to get the 4g working as well as the built in tethering....

any ideas where to start? maybe i can try and take stabs at that as well while others are doing other things?

4g my be difficult I know CM just recently started working on it, and the built in tethering i think is a kernel thing.

CM just started working on it for the epic?

to my understanding the epic has no official support from CM, the sgs team is working CM for the epic

@Devs

Once you guys get a stable enough version, you should contact the makers of the MIUI Rom Downloader application and get your MIUI version on there. This way more people will easily be able to enjoy your hard work.