[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

we need a kernel developer on our team....

it would suck to do on the fly kernel development learning too

but ol well, guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do

we need a kernel developer on our team....

it would suck to do on the fly kernel development learning too

but ol well, guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do

I didn't wana say it now but tanimn actually got back to mike_77 act we are looking into our own kernel...

If you have ideas on what should go in it please let us kno here...I want to keep it basic though lol like 600mhz and 1.2ghz and maybe voodoo sound..min focus is battery while not hindering performance. After all MIUI is already smooth. Imagin if e had our own tailored kernel lol

yea i had spoke with tanimn last night as well..... he also told me that his new update will have asop support? dont know if it works like that though

If I remember correctly 200mhz is normal min 600mhz would be a lot for resting.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

did you download all the things from the sdk when you ran it?

Epic 4g hardware this is GB.

It booted, but its normal android not miui not sure how to change this.
To use a rom you have to nandroid backup then copy backup files. At least this is the easiest way.

hey this epic4g hardware that you linked....thas some info/files i can use to create my AVD right?.... if so, how do i implement?

oh haha yea. i didnt understand until now..it is meant fo smoother scrolling and min could be 100...but some phones cant go that low...i wish i could work on gb tonight :(

I replace the kernel of Google Nexus S miui 1.4.29 with the epic cm7's,and it boots successfullly,but it runs very slowly and almost anything doesn't work. lol.
I want to know which model and version you port from.

ha thas funny, we did the same exact thing earlier and no boot!!!!!

care to upload & share or drop me a link in the pm?

Call and data don't work,it shows no service on the top bar,I don't know how to solve it.
sd card can't be mounted,so most things cant be tested,who can tell me Where to start!I am a beginner.

Mainly what I do to test stuff is go through every single setting, and just see what does and doesn't work.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Call and data don't work,it shows no service on the top bar,I don't know how to solve it.
sd card can't be mounted,so most things cant be tested,who can tell me Where to start!I am a beginner.

how did you get it to work without editing the build.prop?

At beginning i only modifyed updater-script and replace the bmlwrite and zImage ,and it can boot(without editing the build.prop).

then i try to edit the build.prop and replace some lib files, now only the keyboard works normally.

At beginning i only modifyed updater-script and replace the bmlwrite and zImage ,and it can boot(without editing the build.prop).

then i try to edit the build.prop and replace some lib files, now only the keyboard works normally.

do what you did first..just replace updater-script(where did you pull it from?) and add libsec-ril libril libsecril-client libsecril 40..or something like that...pull them from 1.3.5

do what you did first..just replace updater-script(where did you pull it from?) and add libsec-ril libril libsecril-client libsecril 40..or something like that...pull them from 1.3.5

yea,updater-script is from cm7 alpha4,then add libsec-ril40...from miui 1.2.11

yea they are almost the same...you can pull the ones from 1.3.5 though because they are newer..you can even pull them from CM7 because it is aosp. Make a dropbox and upload with what you have done and pm me a link..i cant look at it until tonight but im sure i can help..i cant believe it worked lol i mustve changed too much because i tried the same with almost all libs changed and no go lol

I was planning on going through libs and bin 1 by 1 tonight and seeing what kills it at boot lol

Thanks,after added libsec-ril libsecril-client libsecril 40 ,I can call,but no sound,I do not know which other files need to be replaced.

Do you know how to make the sd card work?

Lol sure I'll check. Great work btw!

EDIT: go into /system/bin and replace rild and ril.client (not exact name) with ones from 1.3.5 or CM7 preferably..and /etc and get anything with cdma and telocation..and gps if you want...calls should work now. I'll loook into usb now. Can you send me your work so far so I can flash and take a look?

And usb..did you try to unmount sd card ..look in noti. Bar and click charge only thing.switch to mount sd and check always...and mount sd card...and then bac to bar and click mount sd...

Or is charging not working either?

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Well,I am uploading it,when it ends(very slow.lol),i will give you the link.
When I unmount sd card,it hasn't any response.
charging works.sms works(send and receive)

i guess we was somewhat wrong about the kernel?

or maybe the cm7 kernel helped?

good job regardless nonetheless bxfxf