[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

@Wajk old statusbar animations not compatible to 4.2.28 ?
From 4.2.14 changelog "StatusBar from 4.1.24 with previous animations"

Not too good though much better than MiCore 009, too much awake. Stock kernel usually has near-equal use between awake and screen on. With battery saving profile, min 384, max 918, intellidemand governor, noop io scheduler. Performance control shows that 384 and deep sleep fights for the most used frequency. I'll try with stock kernel tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-01-23-00-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-01-23-00-50.png
    74 KB · Views: 283
  • Screenshot_2014-03-01-23-55-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-01-23-55-34.png
    133 KB · Views: 268
Thank you so much for your hard efforts!
Can anyone confirm that the 160 SMS characters in non-english is working?

So I just updated for the first time since a few months and saw that there was a new update procedure. I saw that there were a few options, default and custom. What settings does default include? Is there a list of explanations about what the custom options do? (for example, saw 3 kernel options, what is MiiCore Plus?) I just selected default for now.

So I just updated for the first time since a few months and saw that there was a new update procedure. I saw that there were a few options, default and custom. What settings does default include? Is there a list of explanations about what the custom options do? (for example, saw 3 kernel options, what is MiiCore Plus?) I just selected default for now.

If you choose "Custom", you should check default settings. (checked settings are default)

WIUI4.2.28 with micore (no uv) & cpu freq 1242Mhz, I got reboot randomly...

I can't reproduce it, but I use older Radio for better battery till previous version.
So here is the latest radio image file, from official ROM, pls test it and report back, thnx.
Pls test with stock MIUI kernel, just for test, thnx!

Download

Last edited:
Reactions: MSephiroth
Hello Wajk!

I have an issue with my SMS apps (the default one). I'm French, when I write a message with accented caractere. Once sent, it displayed in a different way (my contact see the buggy message too). It only happened for the SMS so I think it come from the 160 caractere for SMS tweak. :p

Please see the attachment. I have the last version of Wiui.

Also, thanks for all the works you have done!

Attachments

• screenToWajk.png
    screenToWajk.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 342
I have an issue with my SMS apps (the default one). I'm French, when I write a message with accented caractere. Once sent, it displayed in a different way (my contact see the buggy message too).
Also, thanks for all the works you have done!

Thnx for your report.
One extra character break the script, thnx for your report.

Here is the fix for Messages app.
pls report back how working for you, thnx

Thnx for your report.
One extra character break the script, thnx for your report.

Here is the fix for Messages app.
pls report back how working for you, thnx

Sorry, it didn't work well. But there is some change. "é"=>"è", "ô"=>"o", "ça"=>"ca", it's better. Before this update, all the words were properly sent.
If use another sms apps like (8sms), it's working fine obviously.

Thanks for the quick answer. :) I will wait for your fix.

Attachments

• screenToWajk2.png
    screenToWajk2.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 329
I'm actually facing the same problem as E2PZ. Hope you'll figure out a fix soon. Anyway the Rom is really great.

"Envoyé depuis mon MI 2S avec Tapatalk"

Reactions: Wajk
Sorry, it didn't work well. But there is some change. "é"=>"è", "ô"=>"o", "ça"=>"ca", it's better.

Sorry, I don't understand your problem.
I checked your screenshot and script working right with fix.
You will get "è"&"ca" instead of "é"&"ça", in my opinion not big trouble. And you should get 160 character instead of 60-70. Our device support the conversion from Unicode to GSM, much like our beloved old Nokia phones did.

This is right steps: "é"=>"è", "ô"=>"o", "ça"=>"ca". This characters not supported, thats why I implemented unicode stripper.
160 characters capacity per SMS for non-English languages, and not 60-70, with extra costs for lengthy messages!

Input :
αβγδεζηθικλμνξοπρσςτυφχψωάέήίόύώϊϋΐΰΑΒΕΖΗΙΚΜΝΟΡΤΥΧ ΆΈΉΊΌΏΪΫŰűŐőąćęłńśźżĄĆĘŁŃŚŹŻÀÂÃÈÊÌÎÒÕÙÛâãêîõúûçěšč řžďťňáíéóýůĚŠČŘŽĎŤŇÁÉÍÓÝÚŮŕĺľôŔĹĽÔÏïëË
Output:
ABΓΔEZHΘIKΛMNΞOΠPΣΣTYΦXΨΩAEHIOYΩIYIYABEZHIKMNOPTYX AEHIOΩIYÜüÖöacelnszzACELNSZZAAAEEIIOOUUaaeiouucesc rzdtnaieoyuESCRZDTNAEIOYUUrlloRLLOIIee

If you don't need this feature, just grab Mms.apk from official Miui ROM ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, maybe I was not clear.

Before your fix, I have :
"Test d'òcriture avec accent comme òcran dòjà-vu." instead of "Test d'écriture avec accent comme écran déjà-vu."
After your fix, I have :
"Et là, voyons voir si tous les mots sont bien encodès. Hote, dèjà vu, ca, ère." instead of "Et là, voyons voir si tous les mots sont bien encodés. Hôte, déjà vu, ça, ère.

In French, accentued caracteres like "é" or "è" has a important orthographical value. I think 160 caracters for sms works properly in English but bug for French language?

More (useful) information :
- Micore kernel
- Wajk settings
- Mi2

I took mms.apk from stock rom and it works fine now for me. Thanks for your solution

"Envoyé depuis mon MI 2S avec Tapatalk"

Reactions: Wajk
Hi Wajk. Thanks for a good job of optimizing the firmware. My question is on the camera in 4.2.28, I would like to know the details according to the claimed improvements in changelog:
- increased Camera (Audio/Photo/Video) quality, thnx to Epic
Thank you.

In French, accentued caracteres like "é" or "è" has a important orthographical value. I think 160 caracters for sms works properly in English but bug for French language?

Ok, I understand. So, "é" is important for you in French, but "é" not supported by GSM. If I allow this character, message will be converted to unicode. But I will add new option to Aroma and you should select what do you need.

This converter not made for English users. This is good for Greek, Czech, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Polish, Portuguese and Slovak users. Who use speciel characters.

Hi Wajk. Thanks for a good job of optimizing the firmware. My question is on the camera in 4.2.28, I would like to know the details according to the claimed improvements in changelog.

Not big improvements. I just optimized audio/photo/video quality settings.
I increased video and audio bitrate settings with +30%-+50% and I reduced lowQ video audio from stereo to mono and some small other optimalizations.
default Miui setting for fullHD video only 8mbps (Nexus 4 default setting is 12mbps)
I increased (+50%) to 12mbps (maximum is 20mbps if i know right, but it's required much more storage)

Last edited:
Not big improvements. I just optimized audio/photo/video quality settings.
I increased video and audio bitrate settings with +30%-+50% and I reduced lowQ video audio from stereo to mono and some small other optimalizations.
default Miui setting for fullHD video only 8mbps (Nexus 4 default setting is 12mbps)
I increased (+50%) to 12mbps (maximum is 20mbps if i know right, but it's required much more storage)
Thank you, of course. If you have free time I will try to compare the quality of the video and draw conclusions with gratitude.