[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

I have locked in RAM only ExDialer, Handcent SMS, and keyboard for home security system. Google sync On, online messenger I run only when I need him.

Odesláno z mého MI 2S pomocí Tapatalk

I have locked in RAM only ExDialer, Handcent SMS, and keyboard for home security system. Google sync On, online messenger I run only when I need him.

Hmmm, I see. Not much different than me. I close all apps when I don't need them anymore and I use "Advanced Task Killer" to kill off any apps that aren't in use when I power off my screen.

Advanced task killer isn't necessary, in the contrary it may degrade your battery life, the built in task manager is sufficient. Furthermore leave your primary apps started, Android performs best when apps are loaded in the ram. Finally if your battery problems persist try wiping your phone and re install the rom.

Sent from my MI 2S

DeepSpace, with turned on airplane mode my phone (3.12.13) eat 1-2% by the night (6-8 hours).
About controls - i have skipped previous version, so i have not such problem earlier :(

DeepSpace, with turned on airplane mode my phone (3.12.13) eat 1-2% by the night (6-8 hours).
About controls - i have skipped previous version, so i have not such problem earlier :(
I see. Well hopefully it gets fixed :3

Advanced task killer isn't necessary, in the contrary it may degrade your battery life, the built in task manager is sufficient. Furthermore leave your primary apps started, Android performs best when apps are loaded in the ram. Finally if your battery problems persist try wiping your phone and re install the rom.

Sent from my MI 2S
Alright, I will remove it then and see how that works out.

I have no idea what I removed or changed, but my battery isn't getting drained anymore. Around 3% lost last night, which isn't bad at all. Thanks xbenny, h2y and all the others who helped me!

I have no idea what I removed or changed, but my battery isn't getting drained anymore. Around 3% lost last night, which isn't bad at all. Thanks xbenny, h2y and all the others who helped me!

For nothing :) I mean taskkiller is your problem

For nothing :) I mean taskkiller is your problem

I also think that the taskkiller was the problem or atleast part of the problem. Oh well, all that counts is that my battery lasts longer and I am happy about that :D

I also think that the taskkiller was the problem or atleast part of the problem. Oh well, all that counts is that my battery lasts longer and I am happy about that :D
"task killers" are a known problem for battery drain, think about it:
You have many tasks/apps that auto start themselves, the "task killers" then kill them, after a while the app auto starts again and the "task killers" kill it again.
This is a cycle that never ends, and your phone never reaches deepsleep and your battery dies way faster than it should

Hi, guys!
WiUi v5 3.12.13 is the latest release of WiUi in this year. I'll back with new release in January 2014.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
to every MIUI user.​

Frosty-merry-christmas-xmas-christmas-smiley-emoticon-000146-large.gif
Hi wajk, just out of curiosity, why is the new weather app not included in the latest build?
;)

Hi guys, I am having trouble with Amazon Appstore, it FCs on me (last update). It runs fine on my other ROM (cofface 10.1). All permissions are granted, I wiped data and cache for app... Anyone else has this problem as well?

Enviado desde mi MI 2 mediante Tapatalk

Enable through settings -> screen -> launcher -> keep launcher in memory. (i don't remember exactly the path). :p

Or disable it if it is already enabled... :eek:

Like DeepSpace, I'm not sure what I've done recently either, but somehow I've managed to increase my battery life dramatically with my latest charge (in regards to on screen time though).

Once again, my setup is Mi2S 32GB, normal/balanced mode, ~75-80% brightness, 3G/GPS/WiFi on all the time, 5 home screens full of updating widgets, ~250 apps installed, and I was able to get 6+ hrs on screen time, with total up time varying as much as I want since my phone successfully goes into very DS-deep sleep mode when the screen goes off (1% drain every 2-3 hours). The biggest reason for the amazing DS other than Wajk's awesome rom is Greenify, an app I recommend everyone have on his phone if he wants an unobtrusive way to achieve DS without affecting phone performance.

Anyway, I've always had great battery life with Wajk's builds, achieving 5 to 6 hours regularly, but since upgrading from the Mi2 to the Mi2S, I've had to settle for worse battery life (~1 hr less) and understandably so due to the increased performance of the phone. As I used the phone regularly and optimized it to my liking, all the while testing out newer builds of WIUI, I noticed I was struggling to get even 4.5-5 hours on screen time. Before, I could just use my phone without any regard and feel like I could comfortably hit 6 hours every time, but even pressing, I could barely come close, until the last charge.

While I have fiddled around a lot with different settings, the only thing I can recall doing just prior to the increased battery life was downgrading from 3.12.13 to 3.10.18, but even then, the benefits were not noticeable yet. Finally flashing Medina's latest Marvin 8.11 rom on the other system partition (I had WIUI 3.2.22 on it before) is the only thing I can think of that coincides with the improvement, so I have no idea if it's possible for one system to affect the performance of the other. I wouldn't think so.

Just thought I'd share and I'll try to figure out what I'm doing differently, but as of now, I'm pretty happy as long as it continues to be this way even if I don't know why.

Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited:
Enable through settings -> screen -> launcher -> keep launcher in memory. (i don't remember exactly the path). :p

Or disable it if it is already enabled... :eek:

Happy New years, thank regent. However, even if I try disable or enable it will keep on refreshing the launcher.

I try to factory reset my phone and everything went back to normal, however, once I use titanium backup to restore my previous android ID, then the launcher refreshing thing comes back.

Is there anyway I can fix this without the need of reseting the whole phone?

Happy New years, thank regent. However, even if I try disable or enable it will keep on refreshing the launcher.

I try to factory reset my phone and everything went back to normal, however, once I use titanium backup to restore my previous android ID, then the launcher refreshing thing comes back.

Is there anyway I can fix this without the need of reseting the whole phone?
I had the same problem once I restored "weather bz" after removing it all back to normal... Some bug with this app causes it...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

But I don't want it to auto start.
I want it only once a week to see the next days.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Xiaomi relases updates every friday or saturday im not really sure at the moment, But nevertheless its neither friday nor saturday so there cant be a new version right now.

Correct but WIUI is a mod of Miui, it's getting updated every other week but it's up to Wajk. If he has time, he will update the rom, if not (like christmas) he delays it! Don't ask for releases, it's done when it's done (i know it's hard to wait, i'm a flashaholic :D).

Of course its up to wajik, but i dont think he will use a past year Version if a newer one will arrive soon ;)

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk