[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

Anyone with kindle app up and running? I didn't use it for a while, and now it doesn't start any more. I just made a factory reset, reinstalled the app, but no success.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk
Still not working, neither does Amazon app. But update worked great! Thank you for aroma installer, waik!

Still not working, neither does Amazon app. But update worked great! Thank you for aroma installer, waik!

Try to get an older version.. Version 5.xx worked great! Sadly I don't have it installed or the apk anymore :-(

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

Wow, really good installation with Aroma ... look very nice ! it reminds me my old HTC HD2 with Android on it .. RIP .. ;)
Good update, thanks Wajk, again and again, and again ! ;) !! :D

Reactions: Wajk
Can someone tell me the battery life of the latest version(4.1.24)? I'm currently running 3.10.18 and my battery in normal mode is about 35% after 16h with 3.5-4h screen time and Wi-Fi or 3g enabled most of the time!

Can someone tell me the battery life of the latest version(4.1.24)? I'm currently running 3.10.18 and my battery in normal mode is about 35% after 16h with 3.5-4h screen time and Wi-Fi or 3g enabled most of the time!
Try it and see. Everyone's phone / setup is different...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

52ee342159943.jpg

That is mine. I am using MiCore Kernel Plus and I have the latest version of WIUI.

Try to get an older version.. Version 5.xx worked great! Sadly I don't have it installed or the apk anymore :-(

Version 5.xx? My kindle app is 4.3.0.67, Amazon is 2.8.0. Both seem to be up to date.

My Amazon shop app is working again. I had random reboots and installed Wiui without some of the performance scripts. Kindle app still not working.

Version 5.xx? My kindle app is 4.3.0.67, Amazon is 2.8.0. Both seem to be up to date.

My Amazon shop app is working again. I had random reboots and installed Wiui without some of the performance scripts. Kindle app still not working.

Amazon App Store is working with version 5.xx but not newer versions

This is the version I have on my Mi2. It doesn't crash when it starts, but it does when I try to download or update any app.

u4aza9uv.jpg

The most updated one is....

5y6ujegu.jpg

And, if I install it it crashes at start. I've tried everything I could think of, wiping data of app, giving all permissions, restarting the phone... To no avail.

Only (uncomfortable) workaround I found is to install/update my amazon apps on system2 with M1cha's cm11, backup the apk with Es file manager, and switch back to system1 to be able to access them. I would love to find an easier solution!

This is the version I have on my Mi2. It doesn't crash when it starts, but it does when I try to download or update any app.

u4aza9uv.jpg

The most updated one is....

5y6ujegu.jpg

And, if I install it it crashes at start. I've tried everything I could think of, wiping data of app, giving all permissions, restarting the phone... To no avail.

Only (uncomfortable) workaround I found is to install/update my amazon apps on system2 with M1cha's cm11, backup the apk with Es file manager, and switch back to system1 to be able to access them. I would love to find an easier solution!

Could you upload the old App store version please?

wiui the rom with recovery already installed but I do not understand how to see aroma!! would like to install the Kermel MICORE but I would not make mistakes! thank you to those who can 'help, they are not too practical!
aroma installer will work with cwm recovery only if i'm not mistaken,so you need to flash cwm recovery first..

I wasn't getting better battery life with the latest versions, unfortunately. At least not on normal mode.

Since reverting back to 3.10.18, I'm enjoying the same numbers you've mentioned, whereas before I was getting an hour less screen time, sometimes worse.

That said, I do like miCore's ability to restrict usage to just 2 cores on Power Saving Mode. My battery was draining as low as 5%/hr while using the phone and still maintaining a high brightness (no screen dimming), but of course, there was some lag, however you expect that. In emergencies, it's nice to know you can squeeze out another hour or more if you only had 10% battery left.

Swyped from my Mi2S

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrey1979 and Wajk
I wasn't getting better battery life with the latest versions, unfortunately. At least not on normal mode.

Since reverting back to 3.10.18, I'm enjoying the same numbers you've mentioned, whereas before I was getting an hour less screen time, sometimes worse.

That said, I do like miCore's ability to restrict usage to just 2 cores on Power Saving Mode. My battery was draining as low as 5%/hr while using the phone and still maintaining a high brightness (no screen dimming), but of course, there was some lag, however you expect that. In emergencies, it's nice to know you can squeeze out another hour or more if you only had 10% battery left.

Swyped from my Mi2S

Thanks for mentioning it! I tried latest December's build and i had the same same results as you.

Thanks for mentioning it! I tried latest December's build and i had the same same results as you.

If you decide to revert back, I had to do a full data wipe, restore everything, then do a SECOND reflash of 3.10.18 after wiping cache and dalvik again before it returned to normal. Even then, it took a day or so for the system to settle down, but now I'm enjoying the crazy battery life and performance that's normally expected of WIUI builds.

Currently I'm sitting at 44% left, over 1 day of uptime, 3 hrs on screen, 75-80% brightness, Normal Mode, 3G/Wifi/GPS always on (I was out for several hours yesterday on 3g too), and many sync heavy apps/widgets running (I have over 250 installed).

I experimented with Power Saving Mode the other day and was draining at less than 5%/hr with the screen on, so it looks like the REALLY clean install of WIUI has improved it's performance even further!

Swyped from my Mi2S

Reactions: Wajk and principio
If you decide to revert back, I had to do a full data wipe, restore everything, then do a SECOND reflash of 3.10.18 after wiping cache and dalvik again before it returned to normal. Even then, it took a day or so for the system to settle down, but now I'm enjoying the crazy battery life and performance that's normally expected of WIUI builds.

Currently I'm sitting at 44% left, over 1 day of uptime, 3 hrs on screen, 75-80% brightness, Normal Mode, 3G/Wifi/GPS always on (I was out for several hours yesterday on 3g too), and many sync heavy apps/widgets running (I have over 250 installed).

I experimented with Power Saving Mode the other day and was draining at less than 5%/hr with the screen on, so it looks like the REALLY clean install of WIUI has improved it's performance even further!

Swyped from my Mi2S
Wow. That is truely amazing. With this usage I am happy to come over the day.