[ROM | 4.4.4][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v5 | AROMA |

It's a android 4.4 " feature " apps can't write in any other directory than their own.

My solution is wsm tools together with the xposed module "Handleexternalstorage". There are other solutions but this one worked best for me!

4yrutehy.jpg

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

Well the thing is I carnt seem to even download wsmtools. Because of this glitch . it doesn't come preinstalled

Well the thing is I carnt seem to even download wsmtools. Because of this glitch . it doesn't come preinstalled

Maybe your browser can't download into the download folder as it has no right to write
Maybe try to push the apk with adb from your computer..
Another solution might be this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix

I haven't tried it myself but it might be the same fix than the xposed module

It's a android 4.4 " feature " apps can't write in any other directory than their own.

My solution is wsm tools together with the xposed module "Handleexternalstorage". There are other solutions but this one worked best for me!

4yrutehy.jpg

Could you PM link where you found that modules,especially MiThemes one.
Thanks.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Thnx for the great ROM!! Since it is stable enough for daily use, I disabled TDB for more internal space. Is it possible to install KitKat roms like cyanogenmod to the other system with TDB disabled? Or only other WIUI versions?

Since ART is not possible yet, what are the advantages of KitKat compared to Jellybean? Am just a light user so I dont see much difference in e.g. performance. So was just wandering what the advantages are....

Thanks again for all efforts made!

Thanks for the rom OP. Installed it on my System 2 few days back. Still keeping it. Here are my review-
1. Rom seems stable enough for daily use.
2. Ram optimization couldhave been much better. I m having lots of wakelock on my device.
3. Had few crashes after flashing the rom and setting up the device for the first time. Most of them are UI crash, so doesnot bother much.
4. Graphical glitches- Pretty annoying. Often have them while using the phone. Hope u will fix it. I think its something related to Kernel or Adreno Driver.
5. Wifi- seems to me a bit slow compared to Jellybean. Takes much time to connect the device with wifi network.
6. Sim activation problem- Oftern getting sim activation failed notification even after activating using cloud services. It seems not staying as activated for long. Like if i switch to system 1 and then switch back to system 2, this is suppose to happen. Dont know is it a bug or rom switching causing the issue.

Apart from these, rom is good to go.

I couldnot see any Mi-theme module in wsm repository while using this rom. On jelly bean it was fine. I thought Kitkat doesnot support Mi-theme module.

Just using it to change sounds.. Didn't try changing themes! Will try later

I m having lots of wakelock on my device.
I have minimal wakelock on my device, check attached screens.
So check your apps with Wakelock Detector and/or use builtin App Ops feature ;)

3. Had few crashes after flashing the rom and setting up the device for the first time. Most of them are UI crash, so doesnot bother much.
I update to the latest version with Full Wipe and I didn't get any crash.

4. Graphical glitches- Pretty annoying. Often have them while using the phone. Hope u will fix it. I think its something related to Kernel or Adreno Driver.
I had some problem with previous version, but not with the latest release.

5. Wifi- seems to me a bit slow compared to Jellybean. Takes much time to connect the device with wifi network.
Partically I can confirm to you, my device can connect fast to WiFi network, but slower than JB. I will try to update drivers & settings from CM11.

Call recording doesn't seem to work

Working right, here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-01-08-39-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-08-39-22.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot_2014-06-01-08-39-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-08-39-30.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 342
I have minimal wakelock on my device, check attached screens.
So check your apps with Wakelock Detector and/or use builtin App Ops feature ;)

I update to the latest version with Full Wipe and I didn't get any crash.

I had some problem with previous version, but not with the latest release.

Partically I can confirm to you, my device can connect fast to WiFi network, but slower than JB. I will try to update drivers & settings from CM11.

Working right, here.
Looking at this screenshot,your phone usage is 5 minute per day ,while mine is around 4 hours,phone barely mades it.
Im looking at 3100 mah battery and hoping it will make phone last at least 6 hours but if you know some things that could help without decreasing phones performance it would helpful.

Looking at this screenshot,your phone usage is 5 minute per day ,while mine is around 4 hours,phone barely mades it.
Im looking at 3100 mah battery and hoping it will make phone last at least 6 hours but if you know some things that could help without decreasing phones performance it would helpful.

With the 3100 battery and this rom I'm getting around 6 hours screen on time with this phone while on 2g/3g or up to 8 hours with 2g only!

Hi, Wajk. Thank you for the good work. Tell me how to make Russian letters in the dialer? I Russian localization.

Attachments

• dialer_no_Russian.png
    dialer_no_Russian.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 366
Hey guys, some nice work here..
a bit of feedback:
I just installed 4.5.30, and everything is pretty good except games and apps that use OBB files. if I try to launch ones that i ported with titanium from 4.5.9jb, I get FC. If I try to download such from play store I get Error 492
Anybody else? Try to download "Angry birds go!" for example, and tell does it work.

Hey guys, some nice work here..
a bit of feedback:
I just installed 4.5.30, and everything is pretty good except games and apps that use OBB files. if I try to launch ones that i ported with titanium from 4.5.9jb, I get FC. If I try to download such from play store I get Error 492
Anybody else? Try to download "Angry birds go!" for example, and tell does it work.

Nevermind,
The problem was that I copied entire OBB folder from previous build in sys1 to sys2. Apparently in dualboot, each system has a different mount location for OBB so that the Apps wouldn't clash.
I deleted the folder, and let the OS create new (by downloading angry birds go xD) and then copied the content from previous to new. Worked like a charm :)

But, annother problem I noticed:
The auto brightness doesn't seem to work..

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Hey guys please.. How the hell am I the only one who carnt use camara,open file explore transfer files. Or even download apps. It says I need to.. "Insert SD card or disable USB mass storage".. why the hell . how don't you guys have problems I've done everything.. Fresh wipes installs . fresh stable roms then installs.. I carnt download wsm tools to apperently get something that will fix this . but I have no idea . why is my phone not like urs? And yes its a genuian mi2s absolutley not a fake.

Hey guys please.. How the hell am I the only one who carnt use camara,open file explore transfer files. Or even download apps. It says I need to.. "Insert SD card or disable USB mass storage".. why the hell . how don't you guys have problems I've done everything.. Fresh wipes installs . fresh stable roms then installs.. I carnt download wsm tools to apperently get something that will fix this . but I have no idea . why is my phone not like urs? And yes its a genuian mi2s absolutley not a fake.

Its either fake or you just did not format internal storage.
You need to flash stock ROM to do that.

Its either fake or you just did not format internal storage.
You need to flash stock ROM to do that.

Its not a fake . I've had this phone since mi2s came out . no problems. Instaled tons of ROMs . now okay .. Format you say. So what ROM should I install.. Then where should I format it.? Because every time I mount USB in recovery it asks me to format the removable drive.h does a quick format and I can transfer over a normal jb ROM and install fine.. I'm lost every where with this .

Did you try my suggestions (pushing the apk via adb)?
If they didn't help, have you tried the app from Google play?

I have problems with the wifi. After a long time connect, the wifi is connected but dont receiving data. I have to disconnect and reconnect wifi to work well.

ok heres an update...

Installed kitkat wiui 4.5.30..
Still no luck.. Can download apps from the playstore.. Downloaded well over 20 apps for sd card patches and fixes..
they all come up with . sd card not found bla bla..

Now also when i wipedate in recovery.. i notice it says E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext] ..

its been doing that for awhile... and my phone is a "Mi2S.16 gb".. also when i put files/music ,and roms into the phone from the computer. it only has 9.46 gb free . of 9.46 gb?
am i missing something here..

Just Reinstalled stock miui 4.5.30. non wiui.. would reallly love to use This kitkat as everybody els seems too..