[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Don't know what recovery you are using. I'm using the twrp Graw2 posted here and it has f2fs formatting option working flawlessly with this rom

Yes, It's removed. It's useless now, because we have complete new camera (better, faster, stable) and some Xiaomi stuff wouldn't work (we don't have any sources or documentation for them).

There is many alternatives around here now, so it's not a big deal.

Anyway which camera app r u guys using or suggests?
You can try to use Snapdragon Camera, i think its very good and stable. there are a lot of settings and it has material design
https://yadi.sk/d/ZDa8Tu0Op4U8S (taken from here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=474954&view=findpost&p=47073176)

and battery saving mod is still so laggy and slow..

Just to be clear, if you want to switch to f2fs, you need TWRP 2.8.7.0.

The option to change filesystem is inside the wipe menu.

The supported partitions are /data and /cache

By changing the filesystem of a partition, you are formatting it. By formatting /data you also lose the files on /sdcard.

Doing a TWRP backup before the switch and restoring it after, doesn't work because:
1. the backups are stored on /sdcard
2. restoring a backup also restores the original filesystem

So you need to backup ALL the data on your PC before.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, if you want to switch to f2fs, you need TWRP 2.8.7.0.

The option to change filesystem is inside the wipe menu.

The supported partitions are /data and /cache

By changing the filesystem of a partition, you are formatting it. By formatting /data you also lose the files on /sdcard.

Doing a TWRP backup before the switch and restoring it after, doesn't work because:
1. the backups are stored on /sdcard
2. restoring a backup also restores the original filesystem

So you need to backup ALL the data on your PC before.
And you need check the "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" on TWRP setting befor restore data set, which allows you to restore data with two different partition format. ;)

Note: After the restore needs Uncheck this option.

Last edited:
Reactions: gonewild and heron
And you need check the "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" on TWRP setting befor restore data set, which allows you to restore data with two different partition format. ;)

Note: After the restore needs Uncheck this option.
And you can just restore data from twrp backup without any problem, right? What F2fs improve? the overall speed writing/reading? Just to be clear, thanks

Reactions: DeAkion
And you can just restore data from twrp backup without any problem, right? What F2fs improve? the overall speed writing/reading? Just to be clear, thanks

Yes, if you did everything correctly. It improves 4K random write performance, I used CF-Bench on my Mi2 did a test, perhaps you can doing the same test before change the file system . For me, the most intuitive feeling is it running more smoothly whether to system or apps.

Maybe you want see this video, test both two filesystem on same phone with same system.

I have changed about a week, and for now nothing happens except running more smoothly.

And by the way, I do the test with balanced battery mode.

Results:
result.png

Last edited:
Yes, if you did everything correctly. It improves 4K random write performance, I used CF-Bench on my Mi2 did a test, perhaps you can doing the same test before change the file system . For me, the most intuitive feeling is it running more smoothly whether to system or apps.

Maybe you want see this video, test both two filesystem on same phone with same system.

I have changed about a week, and for now nothing happens except running more smoothly.

And by the way, I do the test with balanced battery mode.

Results:
View attachment 11457

See at 2min24: this video only shows a smooth white g2 with CPU cores clocked at 1958Mhz vs a laggy --OK! I concede, it's more a touch screen or finger problem-- black one at 2572Mhz. Also, I didn't saw if the filesystems are really different... :D

Actually, I'm also using f2fs just because it's more suited to smartphone devices and my feeling is that it's not worser, so it's good, as simple as that ;)

uhm so it's not stabel 100 percent yet?
If you mean f2fs. It is stable!

F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Jaegeuk Kim at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel.
The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers.

AndroGuide benchmarks : ext4 vs f2fs
XDA's benchmark : ext4 vs f2fs
Phoronix's benchs ext4 vs btfrs vs f2fs
Another Phoronix's bench

and this helps you restore ext4 data to f2fs filesystem
This will really help You if You have difficult.

See at 2min24: this video only shows a smooth white g2 with CPU cores clocked at 1958Mhz vs a laggy --OK! I concede, it's more a touch screen or finger problem-- black one at 2572Mhz. Also, I didn't saw if the filesystems are really different... :D

Actually, I'm also using f2fs just because it's more suited to smartphone devices and my feeling is that it's not worser, so it's good, as simple as that ;)

Yeah, the laggy is........

I think it is worth a try, just do a backup, if it is not good enough, and even can be restored, so, why not.:)

No i mean the rom.
I tried to change from ext to f2f, done good and i have to say it's amazing...i don't know if its' rom related but it's much faster expecially booting is unbelieveble.
The rom i have some process closed but i'm trying yet...so for now seems onot stable

Came back to miui, wi fi doesn't work, i mean one time yes the other no, camera the same. It's enough for me to say it's not usable

Came back to miui, wi fi doesn't work, i mean one time yes the other no, camera the same. It's enough for me to say it's not usable
Those are the issues I also experience. Rebooting 4-5 times solves the issue for me. Since I don't have to reboot often, it's not a very big deal for me. It would of course still be great if this could be fixed!

This is still the best ROM I ever had on my M2s, thanks Bugers.

Well rebooting rom 5 times before it works....sounds not really a great rom.

I mean, i'm grateful for the work don't misunderstand me, but miui is surely more stable

I still use RC2 and when I see that WiFi and Camera works, I never reboot again. Battery 5% - than charging again.

Well rebooting rom 5 times before it works....sounds not really a great rom.

I mean, i'm grateful for the work don't misunderstand me, but miui is surely more stable

I don't have any issue with wifi. Moreover, you are complaining, and have you provide any logs to resolve your issues? As you can see in the topic it is RC, which mean, there can be some issues with it, and bugers said, that he will try to resolve them, but needs information about it.

Reactions: bugers and Beyaz
I don't have any issue with wifi. Moreover, you are complaining, and have you provide any logs to resolve your issues? As you can see in the topic it is RC, which mean, there can be some issues with it, and bugers said, that he will try to resolve them, but needs information about it.
It's true. I think we are all hoping he is solving camera and wifi issues as soon as he can. That's the point without any disrespectful behaviour. We have all to thank @bugers for his work!

Reactions: bugers