[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

bugers, please fix problem. Sometimes phone doesnt charging, reboot sovle it.
I think battery consumtion is more than on RC3, maybe im wrong. thanks

wifi BUG !
at first time wifi work is ok
while restart the 2SC the wif can't open again
*before flash the rom have wipe all date

After two weeks, I can confirm RC4 is worse than RC3 on my Mi2S :
- Wifi can't be turned on without rebooting (at least on RC3 when wifi wasn't working anymore I could turn it off and on again)
- Phone isn't charging in some cases without rebooting.
- Boot startup seems to take more time than in RC3…

Wifi and phone charging are important functions of a smartphone. On RC3, I didn’t have to reboot to have them working and was more close to a final release than is RC4 for me (and according to some reports earlier).

Again, thanks for all your work, bugers, but please be careful of important regressions, and if you could consider open sourcing so other developers can see what you did wrong from RC3 to RC4, it would be great…

(And still, in all RCs: flashlight can't be turned off after being on, without rebooting (making it pretty much useless).)

Used RC4 for only a week and I just had two bugs:
- Camera sometimes doesn't work; (logs sent to bugers)
- System gets slow after one day of usage, even the launcher needs to reload when switching to home screen. A reboot will fix it. (Didn't managed to get the logs before I switched back to MiUI, I really need a perfectly working camera)

And for me, wifi and flashlight were working great, not even a single issue with them.

Reactions: bugers
And for me, wifi and flashlight were working great, not even a single issue with them.
Are you sure you are talking about the flashlight (in the top bar) and not the flash you see just before you take a picture (since you talked about camera)?

Are you sure you are talking about the flashlight (in the top bar) and not the flash you see just before you take a picture (since you talked about camera)?
I think the flashlight problems are connected with the camera ones. For me when camera stops working, the flashlight too and vice versa. But i was never limited to one use. Can you try next time when you won't be able to use flashlight, if the camera can be connected, so we will have more information about this?

Can you try next time when you won't be able to use flashlight, if the camera can be connected, so we will have more information about this?
I can use flashlight, I just can't shut it down (I’ve never been able to, even with a fresh boot).

I think the flashlight problems are connected with the camera ones. For me when camera stops working, the flashlight too and vice versa. But i was never limited to one use. Can you try next time when you won't be able to use flashlight, if the camera can be connected, so we will have more information about this?

That's right Jezura. Flashlight will stop working and even the shortcut icon will disappear from the drop down menu. However, this only happens when Camera stops working, so it's totally related.

I can use flashlight, I just can't shut it down (I’ve never been able to, even with a fresh boot).

Weird, works totally fine for me, I can turn it on and off.

mi2sc 32G cdma
rc4 flash light work is ok,camera also is ok
but wifi ,sometime can't charge,still have bug
reboot phone may solve the problem
with google serves

米2电信版
rc4 下拉电筒、相机正常工作
但wifi ,充电时不时不能正常
重启能解决无线和不能充电问题
在安装谷歌服务的情况

Reactions: bugers
After using the ROM(rc4) since the relase is stable but with minor issues.
With WiFi sometimes doesn't receive data but stills connected and when WiFi is unstable it disconnects and reconnects
Also for 2 times when the phone was changing at night rebbooted and I had to introduce the pin again and after that I couldnt turn on WiFi
With camera just once I see the can't connect to the camera but I saw more problems with the flashlight that it only worked for a few seconds
Another problem but I think is config related is that the launcher closes when I open an app and then when you press home it had to load so charge again , its not important but after a few times is a bit annoying
And that's all for me ...just minor things

Has anyone of you already tried to encrypt his phone?
When I start the encryption procedure the encryption screen shows up (cf. attached image) and then the phone reboots without having done anything.

Actually i assume that it's caused by SuperSU like on some Samsung devices but im not totally sure.

Send logs.

I've also tried it. It works like a charm but doesn't support f2fs formatting. So bad. And I also would like to know where he found it (source, thread, post...) for the same reason. If needed, I have the 2.8.7 version supposed to support the both partitions layout + f2fs (found it on 4pda some month ago).

@bugers I'm extremely excited to see your involvement! There's finally a descent ROM to jump onto from the old pacman kk ROM with khaon's kernel. About that, have you been inspired from his work for the kernel part (blx, uc'ing, cpu/GPU mods, upstream bfq and so on...)? Did you plan to make or could you import changes to the thermal controller and hotplugs?

I'd like to say a HUGE thank to you. I'll try all these as soon as I'm back to home.

Thanks. Great to see that you like my work!
I have to admit that I didn't know anything about Khaon's kernel before. More or less you guys inspired me to check them and because they work correctly and are safe to our devices I didn't have excuse to not do this ;)

What exactly changes to thermal and hotplugs you have in mind?

Reactions: acastrocab
Since RC4, sometimes I can't recharge battery without rebooting. The little light on the bottom of the phone is off and the icon of the battery on top shows a lightning but the circle is not turning around the lightning and it doesn’t seem to recharge battery… I tried to plug off then in again but nothing works until I reboot phone (light suddenly turn on).

Also, sometimes, wifi doesn't turn on until rebooting, this issue had disappeared with RC3…

And I still have the flashlight issue (when you turn on flashlight, you can't turn it off without rebooting).

I have a Mi2S (don’t know if that matters).

Try new version.

Well rebooting rom 5 times before it works....sounds not really a great rom.

I mean, i'm grateful for the work don't misunderstand me, but miui is surely more stable

I understand you aren't happy about this issues, I never had them but it's different story. Sadly you didn't decided to send logs and help to find them.

MIUI is commercial project they get money for that but sad thing is that they didn't updated kernel/device sources for latest version. We have to do this alone. To be more clear and transparent (about money thing) I got zero donations after RC4 but I'm still here to help ;)

I don't have any issue with wifi. Moreover, you are complaining, and have you provide any logs to resolve your issues? As you can see in the topic it is RC, which mean, there can be some issues with it, and bugers said, that he will try to resolve them, but needs information about it.

Exactly. It's easy to complain but I've got maybe 3 times logs (from one person) during last 3 weeks.

Reactions: graw2
Anyone has flashed?
Twrp 3 gave me "zip corrupted"
But on my pc the file is not corrupted

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: DaRoni
Thank you bugers! How to get log? could you please put the info on the first post? I think many users dont know how to do it...

I downloaded many times to get this problem is my problem or your question?

Attachments

• QQ截图20160302123910.png
    QQ截图20160302123910.png
    37 KB · Views: 311