[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Hi @bugers i have RC8 installed on my aries, is stable, i dont have any issue, wifi, USSD, baterai its good, but i can't use my ViPERS Mods, because i see the SELinux is "Enforcing" how to switch to Permissive? i already test
Code:
su
/system/bin/getenforce
and say Enforcing, try to enabling via
Code:
setenforce 0
and i see Permissive, but just temporary, how to add to init.d, i already test added like
Code:
#!/system/sh
setenforce 0
ist now work, also script .sh on /system/su.d not work also, i check the build and change the line
Code:
ro.build.selinux=1 > ro.build.selinux=0
and on init.rc i already change the
Code:
write /sys/fs/selinux/checkreqprot 1 > 0
Still not work, anybody can help me to force enable SELinux to Permissive?

Thanks Before

Hi Miyaku, thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to see more and more people using ROM with success ;)

First of all, I don't advise to disable SELinux. Not only because this takes me time to it fully working and support this ;) but we don't have any alternative to have some level of security for device if you're using third party apps.

I understand that ViperFX makes difference in case of sound on our devices (I was using it some time ago and was pretty happy with results) so I'll look on it later if there is some place to support it by ROM.

Anyway, this su.d directory is working if you have SuperSU installed as I remember and I would rather advise you to add a specific policy only for ViperFX instead of changing SE to permissive.

Question to all
Which sound mod give you best results and why?

Reactions: Beyaz and Miyaku
https://www.dropbox.com/s/61h3oki3muqcmb9/ViPER4Android-supolicy.zip?dl=0
With this zip flashed for me V4A works with Enforcing SELinux, so maybe it could help you too. I would really like to credit the author but I imported it from authors Dropbox to my personal Dropbox and can not find the source topic on XDA.
If anyone knows who is the author feel free to tell me and I will change the link.

Probably you think about this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61242973&postcount=18854

@Miyaku - this is what I was having in my mind in case of policy. Be warned that I didn't tried this.

Reactions: Miyaku
probable bug in RC8p2: I use morning wake up alarm and turn off the phone, today the phone didn't power on before alarm. (I very appreciate this hardware feature, because only very few phones nowadays has it)

Yeap, it was disabled temporarily. It will get back with next update ;)

Reactions: Beyaz
RC8p2 - much better than the previous ones. All my crashes are resolved, it won't leak like hell after one day of usage. That's good :)

Issues that I currently have:
- Cell data issues (Disa/WhatsApp or Slack chatting work, but nothing loads in browser over cell data, regardless if 2G or 3G, not sure if ROM bug or something else) - selecting a different APN fixed it, thanks @Haubitze88!
- after a day or two of uptime I can't use WiFi even though still reports connected - this is probably the known bug, can be fixed with reboot
- after a day or two of uptime BlueTooth disconnected and couldn't connect anymore - no logs unfortunately, can be fixed with reboot
- Smart Unlock doesn't detect my MiBand 1S

Thanks for the continued care, bugers!

Check if this wifi and bluetooth thing doesn't disappear after wipe/clean install.
The last one is probably related to MiBand itself. As I remember there is an option to disable visibility of band.

Yep all !

before all , thanks you again Bugers for your works , that's awesome.

I begun the utilisation of this ROM in RC6 , to be honest , it was one of the worst rom i ever tried xD (xcuse me Bugers) , but it's normal , i'm a developer too on linux and a project can't be perfect in alpha and beta test , this is obvious !

Now i'm utilizing RC8p2 ! And i'm pretty impressed about how you optimized the rom , everything is smoother , faster , and more stable ... congratulations bro' !
But for me there is a problem which is during since very long time , this is the cameeeeera !! On my phone this is totally buggy , in RC6 it was working 2/3 times but here this isn't working at all , when i want to use camera i have a big loading time , and at the end this isn't working at all , so , please How can i send you a report or something like that with th camera bug , like that you can focus on that problem , because in my opinion if the camera don't work on our smartphone that is not a good and stable rom :/

But really , that's awesome how you managed to optimize the rom and i thanks you so much , continue like this and good luck for the next ;)

Thanks.

PS: -RC6 install was a clean install , and RC8 install too
-i have got the same problem for V4A than the precedent post

Thank you Papapya.
As I already mentioned few minutes ago I need something more to see. Contact me by email and try to provide as much information as you can, especially logs like logcat with bug, some advises to fix, check etc.

i already test, but still not work, pls help

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll look on it in next couple of days. I saw many suggestions yo you, nothing works?
Nobody is using ViperFX here or it's just problem on Miyaku phone?

Hi Miyaku, thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to see more and more people using ROM with success ;)

First of all, I don't advise to disable SELinux. Not only because this takes me time to it fully working and support this ;) but we don't have any alternative to have some level of security for device if you're using third party apps.

I understand that ViperFX makes difference in case of sound on our devices (I was using it some time ago and was pretty happy with results) so I'll look on it later if there is some place to support it by ROM.

Anyway, this su.d directory is working if you have SuperSU installed as I remember and I would rather advise you to add a specific policy only for ViperFX instead of changing SE to permissive.

Question to all
Which sound mod give you best results and why?
Hi thanks dev for answer, still viper fx is the best for me, i try on rc6 maybe old, using my viper here
http://en.miui.com/thread-279436-1-1.html
with dolby is very awesome, can you change the soundFX stock with viper or dolby, i think many people like two it, and dolby is stock app of the aries devices, thanks

Last edited:
Ok, I'll look on it in next couple of days. I saw many suggestions yo you, nothing works?
Nobody is using ViperFX here or it's just problem on Miyaku phone?
thanks you @bugers, i already test all the suggerstions here or on external forum, on previous i not get problem install viper on any rom, hehe the rc8 i cant permanently premissive selinux, if i try temporary its working good, but after reboot selinux turn off again.

So far this rom has been very smooth and fast to use. I still have had few issues.
1. When I first installed this rom, I could'n use the camera beacuse "other application is using it". It was fixed by reboot.
2. Sometimes phone doesn't recognize charger and phone doesn't recharge battery. This is fixed by reboot, but eventually the problem comes back.
3. This morning, after rebooting phone, I lost all my storage files.

last multi on, wipe factory enough to install this rom?
I think that factory reset is sufficent.

So far this rom has been very smooth and fast to use. I still have had few issues.
1. When I first installed this rom, I could'n use the camera beacuse "other application is using it". It was fixed by reboot.
2. Sometimes phone doesn't recognize charger and phone doesn't recharge battery. This is fixed by reboot, but eventually the problem comes back.

I think that factory reset is sufficent.
thanks

Only minor camera issues and one soft reboot so far with f2fs and rc8. Pretty happy with this rom. Good job!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bugers
[...]
[...]

Which ROM version? Upgrade to latest.

New version available from today! (RC9)

That's another big update in case of changes under the hood. Many things gets fixes or tuned. Finally we have working encryption for our phones! ;)
Do backup before update and be prepared that something may not working (beta). I recommend to do wipe before install.

Making this ROM takes a lot of time and resources so if you like this project don't hesitate to leave good word or support.
This makes me feel that this is important for you too!

cheers Bugi ! have another PayPal drink please !

rc9 not yet online?

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Great, fast performing! Thanks!!

Microg top!

So happy with oandbackup

Near perfection Bugi !

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did an update directly from RC8, everything inclusive encryption works like a charme.

Great work bugers!