[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

uI use opengapps-aroma installer to get MS Exchange Account sync support (it requires also Gmail), but I usually skip all the other Google "goodies".

However, when I re-flash CM12.1, the gapps are lost. I can flash again also the gapps, but all my settings are lost.

It did not happen with CM11, since the update script took care about automatic backup & restore of gapps.

Does CM12.1 behave differently due to the different style of update process (no more file by file copy, AFAIK)?

Or is it because of the Aroma gapps installer not being compatible?

Any solution other than manually picking up gapps with Titanium Backup for restore?

EDIT: well, open-gapps.org mentions that automatic backup is handled by most ROMs. So, this seems to me as a feature request or a bug.

I'm personally not using Gapps at all but I'll have a look on this. It's probably important for many of you.

I'm using ACR and it works fine for me with latest ROM. The only thing I have changed is file format. For me it's AMR. Let me know if that works for u.
Hm. It indeed works again. I do not know what I had there blocking ACR.

Nevertheless, Call Recorder by sklavex seems to be worth the money also for the future, it handles more methods of recording and lets the user name the files as he wants (I like to include also name, number, time).

Reactions: bugers
I'm personally not using Gapps at all but I'll have a look on this. It's probably important for many of you.
Adding /install/bin/backuptool.functions and /install/bin/backuptool.sh might be enough. The files exist in Micha's releases earlier this year. They look for /system/addon.d/ shell scripts and there indeed exists one ("70-gapps.sh") on my system, probably installed by opengapps.

Thanks for great rom!
Bugs after install on a clean phone (everything wiped including storage):
- flash light from notification drawer can't be turned off - I had to reboot phone
- mobile internet doesn't work - 2G nor 3G (Czech republic) - fly mode or reboot doesn't change a thing
- can't restore WiFi from backup by Wifi password recovery. I can't create backup neither
- Camera is ok here :)

Thanks for great rom!
- mobile internet doesn't work - 2G nor 3G (Czech republic) - fly mode or reboot doesn't change a thing
Which operator? If T-Mobile, try System Settings / Mobile Networks / Access Point Names. There may be multiple profiles with sub-heading "internet". Try to switch to another one (do not use mms or wap). You may also want to try to "reset to default" in the three-dot-menu (...).

"Internet" works (default not), thank you for quick and helpful advice :)

Mayb
Thanks for great rom!
- flash light from notification drawer can't be turned off - I had to reboot phone
- can't restore WiFi from backup by Wifi password recovery. I can't create backup neither
- Camera is ok here :)
Maybe you had to add a VPN

I installed and it has a lag un videos (youtube, netflix...) it isn't usable.
It happens after a while not imendiatly. When it just turn on the phone doesn't do it but after a while more or less two or five hours videos have lag

Enviado desde mi ONE E1003 mediante Tapatalk

An update of bugs I encountered: flash light staying on until reboot, laggy video playback in Youtube (and other apps for streamed contents), camera disconnected - all appear less and less often and when I want to gather logs, they do not come at all ;-)

There must be some self-healing stuff inside...

Reactions: unicoco12345
An update of bugs I encountered: flash light staying on until reboot, laggy video playback in Youtube (and other apps for streamed contents), camera disconnected - all appear less and less often and when I want to gather logs, they do not come at all ;-)

There must be some self-healing stuff inside...
Same for me

the laggy playback and the torch are bugs that previous rom had.With the flashligh i domt see the bug for a few days but with youtube i had the problem everyday but now i had a tablet and i dont use the phone
But i didnt have problems woth the camera

Anybody having serious wifi problems? I can see all networks around me, sometimes I need to manually connect, then it says connected (only seldom) but there is no valid end-to-end connection. Most of the times it jumps straight back to 'saved'. I have some logs if required...

Reactions: unicoco12345
should device encryption work or could someone here successfully do it?
seems to be stuck in the Boot Logo, but i will give it more time.

Updating is as simple as applying the update.zip in recovery I reckon?
To answer my own question: yes it is
Google apps are missing after the update but can be installed via recovery or with a Titanium backup ...

For adblocking, I used /etc/system/hosts with RC1 but with RC2 it does not seem to work anymore. Could it have to do with SELinux permissions set to "enforcing"?

... or simply check for root permissions for an app.

I used that trick [writing into data/data/hosts] with micha's CM12.1, because of the small system partition size.
but on your builds [lighted removing some stuff into /system] I guess it isn't necessary anymore.

by the way, would you mind adding italian language into your next RC?
I'd like to flash it into my daddy's phone, and he isn't so skilled in english language XD