[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

bugers

Members
Sep 19, 2015
This is my build of Lollipop CM12.1 for Aries.
I'm mostly focused on stability and security.

Rom is still under development so some problems can occur.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for bricked devices and anything that happens after loading this ROM on your phone. Use it on your own risk!

Supported languages
Public RC3+ - All available languages are supported.
Previous versions - English, Polish, Chinese

Supported partition layouts (check before install)
Public RC3+ - supports new partition layout available in MIUI >= 5.11.19
Previous versions - supports default "old" Xiaomi partition layout with merged data like in MIUI >=5.4.24

Supported filesystems
ROM supports ext4 by default and F2FS for /cache and /data partitions (you need to change it manually).
You have few possibilities to change filesystem for partition but one of the simplest is to install TWRP recovery and then go to Wipe -> Advanced wipe -> select Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> select F2FS.

Changelogs:
Checkout official website. Link below.

Download link:
Do not publish copy of ROM on other pages or mirrors without my permission!
If you did this before, please add link to official page:

http://lhrom.bhost.pl/ (previous domain has been removed without any notice by provider, sorry for that)

Recovery:
To install ROM you need to have custom recovery like TWRP.
Below links will help to grab a copy of TWRP working with aries (Mi2 device) (both works with ROM RC3 and newer):
TWRP 3 with F2FS support: check @LaiCORE comment here
TWRP 2.8.1 with F2FS: check @graw2 comment here

Need Google Play store, Youtube etc? You will need Gapps or Microg too.
GAPPS: http://opengapps.org/?api=5.1&variant=pico
MicroG: checkout @.bastian guide https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-set-up-microg-on-bugers-cm12-1.31843/

Install instructions:
Have a look on @.bastian step by step guides:
- if you are in different ROM like CM11
- (advanced) if you are still using "old" (not merged) partition layout (@MiKhan notes to install on Linux)
Need something more - ask on forum.

Install user stories:
- @Black_Fox trip

Found a bug and want to report it?
If you have problems with specific app, try to clean it's data and cache (Settings -> application -> find your app and click -> clean data and then clean cache). WARNING! It will remove all data in this app!
If this doesn't help, ask on this thread in forum. Many peoples here makes really amazing things with this device and know Android like their pocket.
Sometimes problem is related to device kernel, drivers, etc. So if none of above helps try to provide as much information as you can especially logs (logcat, last_kmsg, kmsg), video samples, etc and send them directly to me. It's important to not post them on forum because they can have some sensitive data. You will find my email on official page above.
Oh one thing. You may not know what is logcat etc. Check out @Beyaz comment here about app which will help you to grab them. Comment is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work and want to support project, consider making donation. (click here)

Last edited:
The ROM's(cm-12.1-20151213) battery performance works extremely well, and it's quite stable,but sometimes can't connect camera.and wifi doesnt turn on correctly, if reboot the problem fixed.Without these small bugs everything works really well for me.

Last edited:
Do you know there aren't only Polish and English person in Europe? If it's the last hope for Mi2 the Mi2 is completely dead...

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Do you know there aren't only Polish and English person in Europe? If it's the last hope for Mi2 the Mi2 is completely dead...

Without meaning any harm, buti really dont understand your problem. Also for me neither polish nor english or chinese is my mother tongue, but its not that problem using the phone in english until almosed every gets more or less used of it in our daily life ..
Of course its quite more comfortable to use the "own" language but hell, english isnt that hard ;)

And i'm sure its just a matter of time until bugers will add another languages. Im only a bit curious about that i thought that by default cyanogen supports all lenguages. @bugers Just out of curiosity: was there any special reason that you've excluded all the languages?

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~
1.stability
2.other request

These is how this ROM development works.Buger hasn't too much time to adjust so many bugs and reqeust at one time. As he said he has to work too.So don't put too much pressure on him.Otherwise,you can use other's ROM first.
Here is the old link of the rom's discussion
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-cm12-1-for-aries-by-m1cha.27709/page-18

Last edited:
Reactions: bugers
The camera cannot connect
I had the same problem but it was resolved by doing a complete wipe of the phone with m1ichas flash tools and his "unified_single" package. Generally it seems like it brought gread fluidity improvements.

But maybe it's already enough to clean the camera data like DaRoni said.

Reactions: Dizplay
Clear camera data and reboot
May be it's help, if camera don't work

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk
I had the same problem but it was resolved by doing a complete wipe of the phone with m1ichas flash tools and his "unified_single" package. Generally it seems like it brought gread fluidity improvements.

But maybe it's already enough to clean the camera data like DaRoni said.

I mean this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flavionet.android.camera.lite, not the default camera app.

The Camera FV-5 app work well? When you wipe date and reboot.

Reactions: unicoco12345
Anybody has an idea, why call recording with external apps (ACR, etc.) does not work, despite that call recording in native Phone app works? (I used xposed module CM Settings to unblock the feature for my region.)

Might it be that the Phone app blocks any other app from accessing VOICE_CALL audio source?

Anybody has an idea, why call recording with external apps (ACR, etc.) does not work, despite that call recording in native Phone app works? (I used xposed module CM Settings to unblock the feature for my region.)

Might it be that the Phone app blocks any other app from accessing VOICE_CALL audio source?

Hi,

I use skvalex call recording. Works fine with rc1.

Reactions: bugers and MiKhan
Hi, I anmon AOSP And when I wiped all and formated system, install this rom, I only saw about 3GB internal storage and nothing more.
Camera told me, that there is no sd card. How can I solve this issue?

Which aosp?
Read the first post about partitions (old layout,, merged media or merged system partitions)
This CM for merged media layout

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk

Reactions: bugers and Iri
Hi, I anmon AOSP And when I wiped all and formated system, install this rom, I only saw about 3GB internal storage and nothing more.
Camera told me, that there is no sd card. How can I solve this issue?

Would be nice if you can describe a bit more detailed what you've done so far?
You did a wipe with M1chas flash-tools? - If yes, which package did you use?
Which Rom did you flash? As far I know Ivans AOSP is not abled to handle merged partitions (M1chas "unified_single" package), but bugers LastHope CM12.1 derivate can.

Importand is the order in which you do the steps:
1. Install the Rom
2 Do a flash with M1chas flash tools like its described in the Thread:
  • Backup all your data(including internal sdcard, and EFS just to be safe)
  • if you don't use the custom Bootloader yet, flash this package using flash_core.bat/sh first. See the big red warning above for more information
  • flash the package using flash_partition_table_and_core.bat/sh
  • boot into recovery(which is TWRP now), recreate the filesystems for all partitions(system,data,cache,sdcard to ext4) in the wipe menu and reinstall your ROM.
3 Install gapps, SuperSU, whatever ..

But like i said before, to help you we need a more detailed description of your procedure..

Sorry guys and thank you big time for you infos - I have umerged partition with Ivans AOSP. I wanted to try this rom, but I can see now, that I have to merge partitions. Thank you. I have to clean and backup my phone first :). I hope, that this rom has the same stability as Ivans AOSP (5.1) :)

Reactions: unicoco12345
Hi @buger thanks for your work. I don't want to ask you any eta.. But are you planning to built the rom for the new partition?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi @buger thanks for your work. I don't want to ask you any eta.. But are you planning to built the rom for the new partition?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk
Of course nobody can set his priorities, but I think I would prefer fixing existing issues first, before tackling new requirements. For me a stable wifi and camera are key. Maybe also the ACR call recording too, on a 2nd level. But that's just my wishlist. I fully understand if things are not happening due to time or other real life issues. Thanks for your support