[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Anyway which camera app r u guys using or suggests?
I have been using the original MIUI camera (ported by Micha), mainly for its good HDR quality and simple interface (it did have problems with flash not being triggered even in force mode and occasionally AF did not focus automatically, however I do not if these were ROM related issues or not).

As a companion I use the Google panoramic/sphere camera (which looks like the new default camera in RC 4, but has the panoramic features added).

Moving from rc3 to rc4 need a wipe data or not? If yes is the answer, backup and restore data with twrp (like backup data-->flash rom-->gapps-->restore data) is a proper way? Or is it better a clean install without restoring (having all synchronized, it's not a big deal to me but I want to know if there could be any issue with the restoring way, comparing with the backup one)
I'm not an expert but restoring the whole /data partition with twrp its virtually like not wiping it at all.

Personally I use OandBackup to backup and restore apps and their data.

I ve found two bugs camera and wifi sometimes doesn't work it is random. I ve installed wipe system, data and cache.
I ve RC4 with open gapps pico, only root.
Thank you for this fantastic work

Enviado desde mi ONE E1003 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: bugers
[...]
Personally I use OandBackup to backup and restore apps and their data.
Heron you are my hero(n)! :p
I've searched a long time for a suitable replacement for TitaniumBackup. I'll give a closer look to OandBackup today maybe ill test it with a complete wipe. Did you mentioned any issues so far?

Bugs found:
-camera can't connect
-green line and layers displacement on front camera 2mpx (maybe something wrong with RGB grid encoding)
-wifi delay reduced (now it's about 5 minutes when deep sleeping) but still present

Battery seems very good and f2fs finally works! But Ivan's 6.0.1 is faster opening whatsapp databases, so I'll go back to it for now

Reactions: DaRoni
Confirm green line on front camera

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk

Bugs found:
-camera can't connect
-green line and layers displacement on front camera 2mpx (maybe something wrong with RGB grid encoding)
-wifi delay reduced (now it's about 5 minutes when deep sleeping) but still present

Battery seems very good and f2fs finally works! But Ivan's 6.0.1 is faster opening whatsapp databases, so I'll go back to it for now
can anybody confirm the wifi delay? Honestly on rc3 never detected

Heron you are my hero(n)! :p
I've searched a long time for a suitable replacement for TitaniumBackup. I'll give a closer look to OandBackup today maybe ill test it with a complete wipe. Did you mentioned any issues so far?
I use it too, and have no problems so far.

Reactions: unicoco12345
Bugs found:
-camera can't connect

2.1mp will have green line

Last edited:
Heron you are my hero(n)!

I'm glad I helped

No issues to report and works with all Android version.

Note that it only backups apps, not contacts, call log and text messages.

Last edited:
I'm glad to help

No issues to report and works with all Android version.

Note that it only backups apps, not contacts, call log and text messages.

But oandbackup can backup call logs, contacts and so on, but, as always, it can be buggy.

WiFi switch off when phone turn in deepsleep. I dont know how long it takes but doesnt conect until you turn the screen on.

Enviado desde mi MI 2S mediante Tapatalk

After 2 days of usage :
- camera can't connect, if I reboot is all ok
- green line on 2mp front/back camera
- rom is very fluid and battery ok

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: DaRoni
maybe in next updates I will add Your language. [...]
Is this recovery port at least your work? I've tryed it and i like it, nice work.
Excuse my sceptizism, but id like to know what i install on my phone and from where it is.

hello, is there a solution for a bug: why if I call a number not in the contacts list, in the registry it's displayed "unknow number"? my operator is H3G ITA

No, but you won't need f2fs system. Partitions you'll need will be cache (the most) and data. And they are supported: I've seen an increase of 4K iops

I've also tried it. It works like a charm but doesn't support f2fs formatting. So bad. And I also would like to know where he found it (source, thread, post...) for the same reason. If needed, I have the 2.8.7 version supposed to support the both partitions layout + f2fs (found it on 4pda some month ago).

@bugers I'm extremely excited to see your involvement! There's finally a descent ROM to jump onto from the old pacman kk ROM with khaon's kernel. About that, have you been inspired from his work for the kernel part (blx, uc'ing, cpu/GPU mods, upstream bfq and so on...)? Did you plan to make or could you import changes to the thermal controller and hotplugs?

I'd like to say a HUGE thank to you. I'll try all these as soon as I'm back to home.

Since RC4, sometimes I can't recharge battery without rebooting. The little light on the bottom of the phone is off and the icon of the battery on top shows a lightning but the circle is not turning around the lightning and it doesn’t seem to recharge battery… I tried to plug off then in again but nothing works until I reboot phone (light suddenly turn on).

Also, sometimes, wifi doesn't turn on until rebooting, this issue had disappeared with RC3…

And I still have the flashlight issue (when you turn on flashlight, you can't turn it off without rebooting).

I have a Mi2S (don’t know if that matters).

Reactions: heron
One way to test your camera Restart the phone ten times Every time to restart Open the camera And see if it is working If perfect work ten times There is no problem And RC4... I restart the six times Went to see the sorry doesn't work so This is helpless. However, If you use daily If must be restarted Then restart In to see the work + may not work If no work If you worked on the restart may be can work until your next reboot Will always work is like that

Also, sometimes, wifi doesn't turn on until rebooting, this issue had disappeared with RC3…

And I still have the flashlight issue (when you turn on flashlight, you can't turn it off without rebooting).

I have a Mi2S (don’t know if that matters).
On mi2 no problem with flashlight on rc4, got same problem of wifi on rc3

I've also tried it. It works like a charm but doesn't support f2fs formatting. So bad. And I also would like to know where he found it (source, thread, post...) for the same reason. If needed, I have the 2.8.7 version supposed to support the both partitions layout + f2fs (found it on 4pda some month ago).

@bugers I'm extremely excited to see your involvement! There's finally a descent ROM to jump onto from the old pacman kk ROM with khaon's kernel. About that, have you been inspired from his work for the kernel part (blx, uc'ing, cpu/GPU mods, upstream bfq and so on...)? Did you plan to make or could you import changes to the thermal controller and hotplugs?

I'd like to say a HUGE thank to you. I'll try all these as soon as I'm back to home.
Actually i was the one who proposed BLX to both Khaon and Bugers.And i also use pacrom kk with Khaon's kernel like you, because of stability and battery life this combination provides.And like you i'm also planning to jump on bugers rom probably at weekend when i'll be less busy.