[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

A smartphone should reboot once a day if we want better performance... Now it does it automatically... hehe. Best ROM ever along with Marvollo's CM12.1 .. but Marvollo's camera always crashes. Marvollo's PAC has too many FC's I don't go for it
i dont know how marvollo cm12 works but i tried a few days pac and i didnt like the perfomance,too many camera crashes,reboots,less battery life and slower rom compared with RC6

Marvollo's CM12 has a couple of issues too.

For example it randomly adds one hour to the system time (and then randomly solves this by itself). Also I managed to use 50% of battery in just one hour, only browsing in 3G.

---

Speaking about this ROM, I'm using a clean installed RC8 (unpatched) with F2FS, microG, Play Store and Xposed.

I've noticed 3 soft-reboots in 2 days while I was using the phone. They occurred while I was browsing or typing a message in Telegram, so they were unrelated with temperature or CPU load.
Can't say what happened during screen off, but there are some voids in the battery discharge graph, which totally look like reboots (see attached image).

d271872fccc11756d70491afb810919c.jpg

The camera crashes when I don't use the MIUI v5 camera. Camera and flash will only work again after a reboot.

Sometimes, after I reboot the phone, the WiFi can't be turned on. It works again after one or more reboots.

EDIT: RC8p2 solves the reboot problem

I think they are all bugs I can live with.

---

Thank you Bugers for all the time you are spending supporting my device.

Last edited:
I'm also using RC8. Before, I used RC6 which drive me crazy, because of system slowness, which need a reboot. Right now, I had only once issue with Open camera, but besides that, I'm very, very satisfied by it. The focus of camera working unbelievable! I'm able to make focus of things in 3-5 cm from camera, where with MIUI camera this never worked. Moreover, battery is working ok, I can say very similar as in RC6. Once I wasn't able to connect to any network (neither my primary network or roaming one), reboot solve this issue.

Reactions: bugers
The led doesn't blink when I receive chat messages. Is there any option? Any xposed substitute?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

After 3 days and a clean install, there were only one random reboot.
The system seems to be stable.
The issues with camere are still there

i didnt have any problem with the camera until today that photos taken with open camera were rotated 45º more or less....miui camera worked great

Reactions: kamakasnh
So far so good with last version

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk
Confirm, no reboot with RC8p2 in one day.
I have one problem (fixed in RC3), youtube and Facebook videos sometimes are laggy.
Anyone has this problem?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have one problem (fixed in RC3), youtube and Facebook videos sometimes are laggy.
Anyone has this problem?

No, i watch a lot of youtube and i didnt have until problems

Reactions: bialabs
Anyone has this problem?

I quit using the dedicated app for YouTube. In Firefox, it plays well, the GUI is also good enough. It even plays in the background like a music player.

Hi @bugers i have RC8 installed on my aries, is stable, i dont have any issue, wifi, USSD, baterai its good, but i can't use my ViPERS Mods, because i see the SELinux is "Enforcing" how to switch to Permissive? i already test
Code:
su
/system/bin/getenforce
and say Enforcing, try to enabling via
Code:
setenforce 0
and i see Permissive, but just temporary, how to add to init.d, i already test added like
Code:
#!/system/sh
setenforce 0
ist now work, also script .sh on /system/su.d not work also, i check the build and change the line
Code:
ro.build.selinux=1 > ro.build.selinux=0
and on init.rc i already change the
Code:
write /sys/fs/selinux/checkreqprot 1 > 0
Still not work, anybody can help me to force enable SELinux to Permissive?

Thanks Before

Hi @bugers i have RC8 installed on my aries, is stable, i dont have any issue, wifi, USSD, baterai its good, but i can't use my ViPERS Mods, because i see the SELinux is "Enforcing" how to switch to Permissive? i already test
Code:
su
/system/bin/getenforce
and say Enforcing, try to enabling via
Code:
setenforce 0
and i see Permissive, but just temporary, how to add to init.d, i already test added like
Code:
#!/system/sh
setenforce 0
ist now work, also script .sh on /system/su.d not work also, i check the build and change the line
Code:
ro.build.selinux=1 > ro.build.selinux=0
and on init.rc i already change the
Code:
write /sys/fs/selinux/checkreqprot 1 > 0
Still not work, anybody can help me to force enable SELinux to Permissive?

Thanks Before

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=com.mrbimc.selinux
or
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61242973&postcount=18854

I like my ROM enforcing SElinux so I don't know if it works.

Reactions: Miyaku
hi, already tested, after reboot still Enforcing

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk
NEVER use init.d. It's slow laggy and it has lack of accuracy. Abandon the init.d and put in terminal these commands

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir /system/su.d
echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "setenforce 0" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

I've installed RC8v2 and I'm really surprised how the overall systems feels more smooth and responsive, I think we are close with this ROM to finish, thanks Bugers.

(48h, no reboot, no gapps user)

Anyone uses OTG?Not working for me

I tried USB flashdisk and it works for me.

hi, already tested, after reboot still Enforcing

Did you try the app and the flashable zip?
Flashable zip looks nice because it makes Viper work while keeping your overall phone in Enforcing (=more secure).
Atleast thats what it says on the box :)

@bugers Did a clean install, no reboots in 48hours or so, camera didn't crash (yet?), first time wifi wouldn't turn on but a reboot and it seems stable now. Thank you!

NEVER use init.d. It's slow laggy and it has lack of accuracy. Abandon the init.d and put in terminal these commands

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir /system/su.d
echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "setenforce 0" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

i already to add .sh file in /system/su.d/likethis.sh
but i miss your code /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
i will test again, thanks before

Did you try the app and the flashable zip?
Flashable zip looks nice because it makes Viper work while keeping your overall phone in Enforcing (=more secure).
Atleast thats what it says on the box :)

@bugers Did a clean install, no reboots in 48hours or so, camera didn't crash (yet?), first time wifi wouldn't turn on but a reboot and it seems stable now. Thank you!

yes, i already test 22x, test the script from smui also not work, hmm can you give me a answers @bugers?

yes, i already test 22x, test the script from smui also not work, hmm can you give me a answers @bugers?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61h3oki3muqcmb9/ViPER4Android-supolicy.zip?dl=0
With this zip flashed for me V4A works with Enforcing SELinux, so maybe it could help you too. I would really like to credit the author but I imported it from authors Dropbox to my personal Dropbox and can not find the source topic on XDA.
If anyone knows who is the author feel free to tell me and I will change the link.