[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Is there any chance this ROM could be recompiled with newer Lineage OS Sources? I've been using it as my daily driver for over 10 months now and besides some minor issues I love it. A major problem occured one day after an automatic PlayStore update sent the device into an internal bootloop. So far there are 3 apps that cause that issue once updated to a certain version (older versions work fine): Nova Launcher, Yahoo Mail and 9GAG. I guess it has something to do with the Play Services or Instant Apps...

Last edited:
Is there any chance this ROM could be recompiled with newer Lineage OS Sources. I've been using it as my daily driver for over 10 months now and besides some minor issues I love it. A major problem occured one day after an automatic PlayStore update sent the device into an internal bootloop. So far there are 3 apps that cause that issue once updated to a certain version (older versions work fine): Nova Launcher, Yahoo Mail and 9GAG. I guess it has something to do with the Play Services or Instant Apps...
It's caused by this (https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/64434571) bug in CM which was triggered by build-tools from Android Studio 3.0. Sadly lot of apps were compiled using this version of build-tools. Latest version of Nova launcher (atleast beta, not sure about stable) is compiled with build-tools 27 in which this is fixed. Maybe if you message the devs they could recompile the app with latest build-tools and solve the issue for you.
Apps i know that trigger this: KLWP, Telegram and Czech application for Vodafone.

Reactions: LX+R
Bugers,

would it be possible to rebuild your ROM with this bugfix
https://git.replicant.us/replicant/.../?id=953d2a3493aaceb3209afc7eef1ff1e7f7242908 ?

I'm afraid without it, I would declare our MI2 as dead phone Yes, I've tried Windbells AOSP8.1, but for me, non working wifi tethering is a big problem (and other issues like for example not working alarm from off state), however I didn't tested the ROM thoroughly but I still believe your perfectly working ROM is everything what I need and the hardware is even nowadays quite ok.

It's so frustrating, that in this globalized consumerism society, phone is supported by vendor only 2 years and then you are supposed to buy a new one, like it would increase people's well-being or what, just to keep economic activity up and growing.

With this situation, my next phone will in ideal case need to have available opened source code (if its even possible in this phone manufacturers closed kernel sources - I still don't understand why is this world so different from PC), but I don't know if it's even possible or the options are just so scarce and limited.

Please let our phone live long yet.

Reactions: in3pid0
Bugers,

https://git.replicant.us/replicant/.../?id=953d2a3493aaceb3209afc7eef1ff1e7f7242908 ?

I'm afraid without it, I would declare our MI2 as dead phone Yes, I've tried Windbells AOSP8.1, but for me, non working wifi tethering is a big problem (and other issues like for example not working alarm from off state), however I didn't tested the ROM thoroughly but I still believe your perfectly working ROM is everything what I need and the hardware is even nowadays quite ok.

It's so frustrating, that in this globalized consumerism society, phone is supported by vendor only 2 years and then you are supposed to buy a new one, like it would increase people's well-being or what, just to keep economic activity up and growing.

With this situation, my next phone will in ideal case need to have available opened source code (if its even possible in this phone manufacturers closed kernel sources - I still don't understand why is this world so different from PC), but I don't know if it's even possible or the options are just so scarce and limited.

You could still install latest official miui. By the way there is also an official mokee nougat (not sure about oreo)

Bugers,

Ping me about this this weekend. I'll see what I can do.

Reactions: in3pid0 and oile
You could still install latest official miui. By the way there is also an official mokee nougat (not sure about oreo)

Yes, I've tried mokee 7.1, but it never finished booting up (on clean install, wiped /system, /data, /cache, btw I'm using f2fs on /data), and I wasn't able to use adb with booting mokee and I've never found any relevant information about this ROM so I don't believe it is actually working.

Ping me about this this weekend. I'll see what I can do.
Bugers, above bugfix should fix the problem, but I don't know if you still have your sources somewhere available for a rebuild. But it would save me another 0.5-1 year before buying new phone. Thank you

Bugers, above bugfix should fix the problem, but I don't know if you still have your sources somewhere available for a rebuild. But it would save me another 0.5-1 year before buying new phone. Thank you

Ok, patch applied but I haven't tested this release and it's dirty build so problems may occur. Make a backup before flash.
The only difference between last release and this is:
https://git.replicant.us/replicant/.../?id=953d2a3493aaceb3209afc7eef1ff1e7f7242908

cm-12.1-20180407-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries-alpha.zip
sha256:
6517e8ee99c053cf9968cb0982a76ea20ea1dde2898bb0b01dcdf83eb71897e2

Reactions: in3pid0
Ok, patch applied

Thank you Bugers,

I've dirty flashed (wiped /system, /cache and dalvik only) and installed image, and eveything works exactly as expected - bug is gone and I've installed few apps which were crashing with old version.

Yes, I've tried mokee 7.1, but it never finished booting up (on clean install, wiped /system, /data, /cache, btw I'm using f2fs on /data), and I wasn't able to use adb with booting mokee and I've never found any relevant information about this ROM so I don't believe it is actually working.

Mokee 7.1.2 is fully working (probably no f2fs support, I don't remember)

Clean flashed this build.
Sometimes when I activate the torch from quick settings panel, it remains on crashing the entire camera driver so that camera is no more accessible until I reboot.
Sometimes it boots up without working wifi/bluetooth and only reboot fixes it.
System and data are ext4. cache is f2fs. Tell me if you need logs @bugers