[ROM] CodeAurora Android 4.4.2 for Mi2/2S [2014-03-06] by Ivan

UserC

Members
Aug 9, 2013
Ivan's new ROM based on CodeAurora.
All credits go to Ivan (秋叶随风).
I do not take responsibility for any problems you may experience by flashing this ROM.
I haven't tried flashing this ROM, I'm pretty satisfied with Ivan's Aosp for now.

Source: http://www.miui.com/thread-1652389-1-1.html

Google Translate:

Made based Codeaurora branch open source code : LNX.LA.2.7-04110-8064.0.xml

Codeaurora Source Address : https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la
MiTwo open source projects : https://github.com/mitwo-dev
Personal blog : http://www.3rdos.com
Microblogging : autumn wind ivan

Update records
1 Increase come and go electric attribution ( attribution may be two strangers , does not affect use )
2 Answering shock ( probably a little problem from AOKP meters 2/2S telecom version of the user , not ready to settle , not reported bug) ( dial-up - Set )
3 bright screen status under the new listener interface ( from AOKP) ( dial-up - set - DND interface )
4 battery percentage. ( From AOKP settings - Display )
5 speed display ( from AOKP settings - Display )
6 Double-click the status bar sleep ( from AOKP settings - Display )
7.AppOps enhancement ( Settings - Security - Application Operation )
8 Wi-Fi driver update high pass 3.2.7.36
9 . Updated Adreno 320 drivers ( from LNX.LA.2.7-04110-8064.0.xml still V45)
10. Updated part private library files ( from LNX.LA.2.7-04110-8064.0.xml)
11 update Overlay files, clean useless argument , update some of the power parameters
12. Merge some of the high -pass proprietary code , enhance and optimize system performance
13 -screen color adjustment and well-being
14 Call Noise Reduction ( m 2/2S)
15. Added a function key clean-up tasks
16. Lunar calendar (with pull-down bar )
17 within the framework of some bug fixes
18. Modify the default ringtone, do not like self- modifying
19 Use Trebuchet Launcher ( from CM)
20 default init.d support
21 Other

PS: Do not use a low frequency meter 2A user mode , it may lead to crashes and other bug, rice 2A users to turn off NFC restart a normal

Version for personal use , no OTA update , you can not update to this version from AOSP

AOSP version and this version is not each brush , you need to double clear , otherwise there will be a clock and SMS FC Status

Download:

ROM

M 2/2S:
Link : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjCp7Zn
Password: 5yat

Mirror:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzvk3sQBrUV_NTRBYzFmbVVHLTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Reactions: MSephiroth
wrong it's based on Google AOSP not on CA-AOSP.
And this is exactly the same ROM which was already been posted in this forum.

Delete this thread and post this update inside the existing one

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

wrong it's based on Google AOSP not on CA-AOSP.
And this is exactly the same ROM which was already been posted in this forum.

The dev says that is another rom, based on caf, whit aokp flavour, and cant be dirty flashed on aosp 4.4.2. I dont know why this post have to be deleted. Its not the same rom. Read changelog, its different one..

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
ok than I may be wrong. I just saw the source link and that's ivans AOSP source.
As always these idiots don't use github :p

Reactions: paulrlz
ok than I may be wrong. I just saw the source link and that's ivans AOSP source.

looooooooool
M1cha, the new ivan kernel did big steps forward in battery life.. can you investigate how? In a changelog he says that have fixed battery drain by updating mic drivers. He also integrated some battery life code from mokee os kernel. But i think that the point is the mic driver :)

looooooooool
M1cha, the new ivan kernel did big steps forward in battery life.. can you investigate how? In a changelog he says that have fixed battery drain by updating mic drivers. He also integrated some battery life code from mokee os kernel. But i think that the point is the mic driver :)
the microphone drivers he is using now are written by me :p
I'm using these since the beginning of my cm10.2 rom with audio support.
But I may pull his updated firmware. maybe this fixes something.

But he clearly states he is using CodeAurora's source and he even gives you the branch :p
mm.. a rom fully based on caf.. downloading
Did you test it?
The downside is that it isn't certain if he will maintain this build, and it is not compatible with aosp so you need to install everything all over again.. :confused:

Downloading for a while now, but far from done. Will upload to google drive when it is finished, or is there anyone else that can upload it already to another host?

Does it have good battery Life ?

Anyway... i am testing it now.

Last edited:
It seems slower than stock aosp, and more battery hungry.. back to 4.4 aosp

The battery life doesn't seem to be much different to me. Performance is similar too.
Additionally, I achieve a higher antutu score (27805 as opposed to 26139 on aosp).

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Additionally, I achieve a higher antutu score (27805 as opposed to 26139 on aosp).

That should be because of new kernel and drivers for GPU and optiizations of CodeAurora from Qualcomm... Wish to port this kernel and optimizations to MoKee:rolleyes:

That should be because of new kernel and drivers for GPU and optiizations of CodeAurora from Qualcomm... Wish to port this kernel and optimizations to MoKee:rolleyes:
Yep, probably.
But isn't mokee lacking in terms of battery life?

Yep, probably.
But isn't mokee lacking in terms of battery life?

The new versions that have lovemrdeng kernel insted of ivan's have a little more of battery drain(Ivan's kernel have 6% in 9 hours overnight, lovemrdeng has 10%)

The new versions that have lovemrdeng kernel insted of ivan's have a little more of battery drain(Ivan's kernel have 6% in 9 hours overnight, lovemrdeng has 10%)
Then why use mokee?
You can get most customizability using xposed framework anyways.

i think that all chinese devs will sync sources with ivans ones.. all of them (as i know) uses ivans source as base, so..
btw, you can try to use this, or aosp kernel in mokee rom, and see if it starts..

You can get most customizability using xposed framework anyways.

As much as I love performance/battery life... Active Display and Halo are 2 features that you can't get with Xposed(you can try to "emulate" both, but they will be far from original)
i think that all chinese devs will sync sources with ivans ones.. all of them (as i know) uses ivans source as base, so..
btw, you can try to use this, or aosp kernel in mokee rom, and see if it starts..

If they use Ivan's source will be CPU mode like in MIUI, dual mic usage and color temperature... I've flashed the boot.img from this CodeAurora and "worked" in most cases, but things like the FM radio and some graphics glitches are good indicators that something it's not right

I am loving the battery life of Code Aurora !
same as WIUI. I am testing since yesterday ....
i am going to keep it for many days for sure.