ROM for Redmi Note 12 Turbo

Well this would mean that the phone connects only to towers that have new 5G hardware whereas the NSA mode uses existing 4G towers that were modified a little bit as 5G. So that might be the explanation for the signal problem.
It's unlikely. When I switch to 4G (LTE) as my preferred mobile network, nothing changes, the network problem stays.

Reactions: xidiot
The interesting part is that (not sure if other have noticed this), but as soon as someone is trying to call me my phone loses signal and after sone seconds I have signal again. I've even downloaded an app from the playstore and monitored that while the other person is calling me my signal is switching from 5G/4G to 3G to EDGE and etc. and it losses it at the end. Of course this is not the only case the signal is lost or changes between the different frequencies/technologies but it happens everytime someone is trying to call me.

I've tried Evolution X ROM for a 1 or 2 days, and I haven't faced any issues with it. However I prefer to use xiaomi.eu or Elite for example.

If someone needs I can try to run some more tests, flash different modems or something else if this will help to get to the root cause of this issue.

Ps: flashing with modem.img in this thread did not solve my issue, I've also tried with modem from xda

Reactions: rsbosss
Well this would mean that the phone connects only to towers that have new 5G hardware whereas the NSA mode uses existing 4G towers that were modified a little bit as 5G. So that might be the explanation for the signal problem.
there no connection with that 5G hardware .. the issue we are facing is even though miui.eu is base on official china stable rom but not all bcoz miui.eu is modified maybe something there is missing on the miui eu rom that has in Official China Rom .. im not dev but in my case i revert back to china rom that came to my Redmi note 12 turbo for now..

The interesting part is that (not sure if other have noticed this), but as soon as someone is trying to call me my phone loses signal and after sone seconds I have signal again. I've even downloaded an app from the playstore and monitored that while the other person is calling me my signal is switching from 5G/4G to 3G to EDGE and etc. and it losses it at the end. Of course this is not the only case the signal is lost or changes between the different frequencies/technologies but it happens everytime someone is trying to call me.

I've tried Evolution X ROM for a 1 or 2 days, and I haven't faced any issues with it. However I prefer to use xiaomi.eu or Elite for example.

If someone needs I can try to run some more tests, flash different modems or something else if this will help to get to the root cause of this issue.

Ps: flashing with modem.img in this thread did not solve my issue, I've also tried with modem from xda
Never tried Evolution X ROM. Is it good? Most importantly, does it not have this problem with mobile network switching off and on during incoming calls? And what about GPay? Does it work with this ROM? If everything works, why did you not like it?

Never tried Evolution X ROM. Is it good? Most importantly, does it not have this problem with mobile network switching off and on during incoming calls? And what about GPay? Does it work with this ROM? If everything works, why did you not like it?
It is AOSP based, and yes it is stable for daily use, GPay works, no issues with network (for my shor test of day or two). I prefer MIUI apps, like Dialer and Contacts, messages etc.

Reactions: rsbosss
It is AOSP based, and yes it is stable for daily use, GPay works, no issues with network (for my shor test of day or two). I prefer MIUI apps, like Dialer and Contacts, messages etc.
Thank you. I see now and I also prefer MIUI. Though the mobile network issue is unexpectedly hard to fix, I still have hope that xiaomi.eu team will fix it sooner or later. They never gave up in the past (as I remember), so I keep waiting))

Here are my observations:

1.I've flashed MIUITN and it does not have this problem (network loss/incoming call failure). I've compared the MD5SUM of every img file from that ROM to xiaomi.eu ROM and here's what files are different:

boot.img
cust.img
vbmeta.img
vbmeta_system.img
vendor_boot.img
super.img

2. Maybe it is only coincidence, but on MIUI China Stable and MIUITN (China based) the option for "Preferred network type" is missing and only these 2 MIUI ROMs does not have the network/calling issue. another MIUI custom ROM which I've tested - ELITE is also having this issue. I highly doubt that this could be the reason, but this gave me the below idea - point 3
3. I've substituted the super.img in xiaomi.eu ROM with the one from MIUITN (China based). flashed my marble with this "Frankeinstein" ROM and the issue is not present.

4. The modem.img files on xiaomi.eu, MIUITN, Elite and Official MIUI China are with the same MD5SUM so the issue could not be in this file

5. While using Evolution X custom ROM (around 2 days) I did not face this issue.

tl;dr - issue is somewhere in super.img according to my tests.

I take my words back - MiuiTN also have these issues, however they are far less noticeable. Which also means that issue is not 100% in super.img.

I've found this after more extensive testing specific for calls/network.

Last edited:
Reactions: andi_

1.I've flashed MIUITN and it does not have this problem (network loss/incoming call failure). I've compared the MD5SUM of every img file from that ROM to xiaomi.eu ROM and here's what files are different:

boot.img
cust.img
vbmeta.img
vbmeta_system.img
vendor_boot.img
super.img

2. Maybe it is only coincidence, but on MIUI China Stable and MIUITN (China based) the option for "Preferred network type" is missing and only these 2 MIUI ROMs does not have the network/calling issue. another MIUI custom ROM which I've tested - ELITE is also having this issue. I highly doubt that this could be the reason, but this gave me the below idea - point 3
3. I've substituted the super.img in xiaomi.eu ROM with the one from MIUITN (China based). flashed my marble with this "Frankeinstein" ROM and the issue is not present.

4. The modem.img files on xiaomi.eu, MIUITN, Elite and Official MIUI China are with the same MD5SUM so the issue could not be in this file

5. While using Evolution X custom ROM (around 2 days) I did not face this issue.

can you tell me what is this MIUITN? DOES IT HAVE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE?

Doesn't make any sense. The modem image in both is identical, you can check for yourself.
This is not a surprise since we use China ROM as base and don't touch modem image.
can i install the GLOBAL ROM on the redmi note 12 turbo?

I'm not sure if it has Portuguese language and cannot tell if it is safe.

You can install Global ROM.

Yo! Is there any error in EU ROM? I heard global rom has sim issues. What about EU ROM? Is there any issue currently?

jackandrew98

I'm just clarifying so that there is no misunderstanding:
Global EEA ROM is not the same as xiaomi.eu ROM.
- xiaomi.eu ROM is a custom ROM
- Global EEA is the official ROM intended for the EU market.

Last edited:
same issue on my CN Turbo.
I am actually on Global ROM. I tried EEA Modem, and CN Modem.
USSD Codes only work with CN Modem. But still terrible to make a phone call...

Very frustrating....

Last edited:
Funny thing is the call issue resolved on its own for me about three weeks ago - stopped having any problems until yesterday when I decided to upgrade to the latest xiaomi.eu from these past few days. Now Im back to not being able to make or receive calls. Really random behavior

at my home, its ok so far not perfect but working, but during travel by car for example it is impossible to make a call. I guess its depending on switching radio transmitter..

during my way to work for example LTE is still available no signaldrop, but trying to start a call, immediatly looses signal.

Funny thing is the call issue resolved on its own for me about three weeks ago - stopped having any problems until yesterday when I decided to upgrade to the latest xiaomi.eu from these past few days. Now Im back to not being able to make or receive calls. Really random behavior
which version was ok before upgrade? maybe the modem would work?

At the moment also at my home, make a call is impossible....

boot.img
cust.img
vbmeta.img
vbmeta_system.img
vendor_boot.img
super.img

xidiot i also have a super.img version it's super.img of the original china rom which has been edited and added in my country language but it needs to be uploaded via a separate tool, can i upload it via fasboot. It has a capacity of 8gb and is also created when uploading via fasboot like the dat.brx file on miuiTN is created with the same size and it is super.img and I see you flashed miuiTN's super.img. Can you tell how you flashed it?

I'm on version 14.0.22, I'm in Vietnam, still have signal error when using 2 sims
I am in Hong Kong. I notice that when using 2 sims, sometimes reception would be retarded somewhat. The problem however is tolerable but could be better. Let's hope for better future versions.