[rom] Ivan's Aosp Lollipop 5.1

Hi with TWRP 2.8.5.0 I have more reboot. So maybe this is not related to the recovery but or to the installation procedure... Or simply to a rom bug.

Maybe it is a problem with some apps like xposed and not with the rom itself for the reboot.

As I said, I'm using my phone as a phone so I didn't install lots of apps on it, only a weather app, some local news apps, google now and few others but that's it, no game, etc. It is working since monday morning and still no problems.

And the battery will last 3 maybe 4 days probably not 6 like showed just after charging, but it is still good.

[...] It is working since Monday morning and still no problems. [...]
Almost the same here. Had only one reboot since i have started using it last Thursday. Beside this not a single problem at all, battery life seems to be equal to kitkat based Mokee.

Good to know. How did you install.. Describe step by step, maybe we forgot a step...
Thanks

Last edited:
I used CMW v6.0.5.1, toggled dual boot to off, wiped everythingb (cache, data, dalvik), installed rom and gapps.
Answered NO about fixing root/superuser and waited a moment as said in the first post of the thread for the first reboot.
Then I configure it let it install the apps I have in my account and I rebooted the system.
I installed it sunday evening, charged it during night and I'm good so far.

Hi, is this 5.1 ROM same as Ivan's posted on miui.com? I'm asking because I flashed this ROM and Ivan's ROM also and there are differences.
Ivan's rom was rooted this is not. When I flashed this ROM it was set to slovak language. This rom is more stable, Ihad just one reboot. But it can be caused by that I have formated partitions and flashed it with TWRP. How can i gain root?

Last edited:
I give Up, I go back to sMIUI 5.3.27 and installing CWM 6.5.0.1

@zipalign on the fist post for windows 7 for opening CMD command line " Simply hold down the Shift key and right-click a folder ADB. The context menu will contain an entry, ‘Open command window here.”

Thanks to all I hope that Ivan will make this Rom more stable.

Reactions: cypher
Hi, is this 5.1 ROM same as Ivan's posted on miui.com? I'm asking because I flashed this ROM and Ivan's ROM also and there are differences.
Ivan's rom was rooted this is not. When I flashed this ROM it was set to slovak language. This rom is more stable, Ihad just one reboot. But it can be caused by that I have formated partitions and flashed it with TWRP. How can i gain root?

the .zip linked on first post is the same Ivan's posted on miui.com
I only mirrored on mega.

I´ve tried to install miui framework apps and no luck. Any hint?
I would like to restore call logs, sms, etc.

I´ve tried to install miui framework apps and no luck. Any hint?
I would like to restore call logs, sms, etc.

backup your call logs, sms, etc. with this app. then restore works 100% on lollipop AOSP.
I use it as a dalily driver for call logs, sms, and dictionary. for apps backup I use titanium.

Reactions: Zinko
backup your call logs, sms, etc. with this app. then restore works 100% on lollipop AOSP.
I use it as a dalily driver for call logs, sms, and dictionary. for apps backup I use titanium.
Thanks I will consider your suggestion.

Probably:
1- boot to 2nd partition
2- setup mi user account
3- install the app you suggested
4 - backup, copy backup to PC
5- reboot into recovery
6- reset to factory 2nd partition
7- switch to 1st partition (Ivan´s AOSP)
8- boot
9- install EBR app
10- copy backup data to internal memory
11- launch app and restore data.

No, I suppose it won´t be feasible, since only official or eu.miui ROMs have miui framework and no support for 3rd party recoverys needed by Ivan´s ROM. I´ll need to flash all over again, twice.

you must have a working MIUI ROM with all your stuff within [call logs, backup, etc..].
from there, you have to install EBR and perform a backup through that app.
once done, export the folder /Backups EBR created on your sdcard, and move it onto your PC.
then you can reboot to recovery and do whatever you want [wipe data/flash ROM, etc.].

once you first boot your new rom, reinstall EBR, put back /Backups folder onto your sdcard and perform a restore through EBR.
just that easy.

you must have a working MIUI ROM with all your stuff within [call logs, backup, etc..].
from there, you have to install EBR and perform a backup through that app.
once done, export the folder /Backups EBR created on your sdcard, and move it onto your PC.
then you can reboot to recovery and do whatever you want [wipe data/flash ROM, etc.].

once you first boot your new rom, reinstall EBR, put back /Backups folder onto your sdcard and perform a restore through EBR.
just that easy.
Thanks. I just wanted to avoid flashing 2 times.
Also, from the miui base, I only miss the light notifications. Any chance to enable them through 3rd party software or integrate any miui framework component?

A friend of mine installed the ROM and had these problems. After a few days he told me that using the MIFLASH and leaving the stock ROM, he install the CWM 6.0.5.0 and install this ROM, after this had no more problems with reboots and lags.

I can't try it yet, but maybe it works. i think, i will try this in the weekend

With this metod in #4 post I dont have any reboot problems, not even 1 reboot:

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-ivans-aosp-lollipop-5-1.27413/#post-243541

And PA 5.1 Gapps Pico(Uni):

http://downloadandroidfiles.org/file.php/?File=/Gapps/Lollipop/Android 5.1.X/pa_gapps-modular-pico(uni)-5.1-20150315-signed.zip

After that I was installed latest Google Play and Google Play Services without problems, everything works excellent.
I had big problems with gapps-5.1.x-20150404-minimal-edition-signed.zip, Play Store stopped working, dont use them...

aosp-aries-5.4.11-UU6syLZP6t-5.1

Original Thread with baidu Link: miui.com
Mirror: MEGA.co.nz

MD5: 62e3cb74ad608a95fd3ba32ff7958dcc
SHA1: 70ccf9a2827415e2ace24cfdf6c710d361941640

Like the version before it takes some time to settle down while booting up the first time so be patient when it shows only a black screen during the first boot.
I also had to reflash gapps after updating.

My first impression: More fluent than the version before.

Last edited:
aosp-aries-5.4.11-UU6syLZP6t-5.1

Original Thread with baidu Link: miui.com
Mirror: MEGA.co.nz

MD5: 62e3cb74ad608a95fd3ba32ff7958dcc
SHA1: 70ccf9a2827415e2ace24cfdf6c710d361941640

Like the version before it takes some time to settle down while booting up the first time so be patient when it shows only a black screen during the first boot.
I also had to reflash gapps after updating.

My first impression: More fluent than the version before.

I just installed this new version. But i still have this problems.
1. I want to use Google Messenger as my default sms app. But I cannot see any messages in this app and also I am not able to send sms from Google Messenger. Defauls sms and mms app works.

2. In previos version I had random reboots. I cannot confirm that I do not have random reboots in new version I will see lit ater. But I still have reboot after I want to switch user account in Users menu in settings. Also I cannot edit my name in Users menu. I have here some chinese texts after my name and I want to delete them. But after clicking on my account I have inly message this user does not exist.

3. I choose Czech language. But I see some texts which are still in English:
1. In app Phone after I dial some number I ahve not translated text: Call Forward Conditional is enabled.
2. When I enter PIN there is english language (about number of attempts).
3. When I longpress on/off button there is English text reboot. Should be in Czech language.

Still disconnect wifi while in deep sleep. So completely useless rom for me

I just installed this new version. But i still have this problems.
1. I want to use Google Messenger as my default sms app. But I cannot see any messages in this app and also I am not able to send sms from Google Messenger. Defauls sms and mms app works.

Previous version of G. Messenger works very well on 5.1...
https://yadi.sk/d/egS5-ahhfv3e5

Still disconnect wifi while in deep sleep. So completely useless rom for me

I have no disconnectings in idle when screen is off, wifi works normal as it should...

Thanks! You are right. Your version works so it is probably not bug of ROM itself but the newest version of Google Messenger, right?

Try Disabling data or without sim with only wifi on. Wait for deepsleep Then send a whatsapp message, it will never arrive because Wifi disconnects in deep sleep after 10 minutes or so

Last edited: