[rom] Ivan's Aosp Lollipop 5.1

So I still have random reboots in this new version :(. I am the only one or anybody else have the same problem? I hoped that this random reboots was fixed in this new release.

So I still have random reboots in this new version :(. I am the only one or anybody else have the same problem? I hoped that this random reboots was fixed in this new release.
Me too, lag and randoms reboots.

i will try to use miflash and flash stock and see what happen

Reactions: acastrocab
@jankjan @kazin08 did you flash with full wipe?

lnviato dal mio XIAOMI MI PAD utilizzando Tapatalk

Full wipe, data, cache and dalvik, and format system, and didn't work.

now mi usb cable don't work with mi mi2s, so i need to get one to test miflash

Try Disabling data or without sim with only wifi on. Wait for deepsleep Then send a whatsapp message, it will never arrive because Wifi disconnects in deep sleep after 10 minutes or so
Yep, I tried sending emails from my computer and it was received in a moment on my mi2s... It was in deep sleep along time ago, so everything is good with wifi for me...

Reactions: oile
@ares I did not do full wipe, only dalvik cache and cache. But as you can see @kazin08 did full wipe and he also still has random reboots. So I do not think that full wipe will solve this problem. Do not you have random reboots problem ares?

I'm trying to flash latest version after flashing stable with miflash. We will see tomorrow… Anyway I had random reboots with first version but properly working wifi

The only problem I found on the first version was bluetooth, sound was very bad on my BT speaker, crack, noise, late sound, etc.
But the rest worked well, no reboot nothing after one full week of use.
Will try the new one this week starting now.

Did all those who have problems turned dualboot off ?
Because it seems that a lot of you are speaking about multiple roms so you must still have dualboot on.
And from the first lollipop version from ivan it is advised to turn it off.

I have TDB off in CWM recovery. This should not be a issue. It is weird that somedoby has random reboots and somebody does not.

I don´t have any BT sound problem
The only problem I found on the first version was bluetooth, sound was very bad on my BT speaker, crack, noise, late sound, etc.
But the rest worked well, no reboot nothing after one full week of use.
Will try the new one this week starting now.

Did all those who have problems turned dualboot off ?
Because it seems that a lot of you are speaking about multiple roms so you must still have dualboot on.
And from the first lollipop version from ivan it is advised to turn it off.
I don´t have any BT sound problem with a JBL speaker. Nonetheless, I haven´t tried with my car radio, and that will be the true test (music position, metadata, call from radio, answer call from radio, make 2 calls in quick succession, etc.).

Also I haven't tested battery stamina to the full extent, because the ROM still has to settle down (installed it last night) and I didn't went through full discharges. Still, as a first impression, GPS seems to consume quite a bit of it.

I do have CWR 6.0.5.1, in the OP but GAPS from OP didn´t worked for me. I´ve flash them twice and still I had no gaps in the OS. I´ve used pa_gapps-modular-pico(uni)-5.1-20150315-signed and they work just fine.

Prior to any installation, I've formatted System 1 and 2, went to advanced option in CWR and formatted data, cache and dalvik partitions. TDB is off and I have 1,26GB free of system partition, after +/-38 apps installed.

after installing the ROM or even after flashing xposed framework, the phone takes a while after displaying the bootanimation.
let it settle down for 5 minutes. if after that time it still stucks, then reboot to recovery and try to wipe all.
My Mi2S needs time to boot even after a simple reboot or shutdown..has anyone the same problem?

I do have CWR 6.0.5.1, in the OP

Hi,
can you please confirm that the CWM 6.0.5.1. in the OP boots directly in English (I am afraid of updating my CWM and then having to deal with a menu in a language that I cannot read) and a few words about the CWM upate process?
Edit: is the entire process described in the OP necessary - isn't there any easier way, like flashing a .zip file - and if not, is it at least safe?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
after a full flash with miflash, i still with randoms reboots.

one of this reboot was in the beginning, whe i put my gmail account. The las reboot was when i sinc mi gmail. Maybe the gapps do this?

i've installed pico(uni)-5.1

one of this reboot was in the beginning, whe i put my gmail account. The las reboot was when i sinc mi gmail. Maybe the gapps do this?

Never used miflash. So I don't know, maybe it is the problem.

New 5.11 version work well after almost a full day of use, no reboot, wifi works, no lags, no distorted screen, etc. I will test BT later at home. The only thing that looks suspicious is the battery drain, will charge it tonight to see if it is like the first version.

Hi,
can you please confirm that the CWM 6.0.5.1. in the OP boots directly in English (I am afraid of updating my CWM and then having to deal with a menu in a language that I cannot read) and a few words about the CWM upate process?
Edit: is the entire process described in the OP necessary - isn't there any easier way, like flashing a .zip file - and if not, is it at least safe?
Thanks in advance!
Why doing all that ?
Just flash CM11, go straight to the options and install CWM 6.0.5.1, it is the way I did it.
No PC needed.

Reactions: treiliert

Try to output a logcat. Find the app in appstore.
It as to record the thing going on prior to the phone reboot, and probably led to it.

Just to say that I have mic dialing problems with this rom and I am not alone:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...2s-by-ivan-download.26082/page-29#post-243468

Edit: Now the mic is working normal with this metod. After flashing via fastboot (finished installation of this rom 4.1), install new recovery cwm or twrp and then wipe data, cache, dalvik and format system, then install Ivan`s lollipop 5.1, VOILA mic. is good also sound in conversation...
Also I can say I have no restarts in 5.1.

http://bigota.d.miui.com/4.11.7/aries_images_4.11.7_4.1_cn_929b6ea8d0.tgz

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-flashing-rom-using-miflash-mi2-3.19287/

"Jiří Němec said:
I have mic problem too, but i even don't hear other side. I'm from Czech Republic, T-Mobile network.

Edit: solved, when even MIUI V6 didn't worked i have reflashed whole my phone using fastboot with files from package aries_images_4.11.7_4.1_cn_929b6ea8d0.tgz. Now it works."
I did all these steps (including pico gapps) and now I don't have reboots anymore since this morning

You will see after few days. Sometime I do not have reboot for few hours too. So please write here after few days if you are still without reboots.

You will see after few days. Sometime I do not have reboot for few hours too. So please write here after few days if you are still without reboots.
hehe I have no reboots till then ;) Find my post and see date, from that date not even one reboot.
I can see that was Friday, Apr 3, but I flash it all at Apr 5, so it is one full week without any problems with reboot bug...

But actually I do not understand why flashing original MIUI V5 rom by MiFlash should solve this problem with reboots. For me there is no sense here.... . I understand that it can help with radio related problems because by MiFlash you will flash also radio/modem but I have modem in my Mi2S M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.128017 which I think is used also in version 4.11.7_4.1_cn. Or Am I wrong? Could you please write your version of modem @zipalign @spaxon?

Reactions: tmz83
But actually I do not understand why flashing original MIUI V5 rom by MiFlash should solve this problem with reboots. For me there is no sense here.... . I understand that it can help with radio related problems because by MiFlash you will flash also radio/modem but I have modem in my Mi2S M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.128017 which I think is used also in version 4.11.7_4.1_cn. Or Am I wrong? Could you please write your version of modem @zipalign @spaxon?
Baseband version: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.128017

Well, I dont know, maybe it is coincidence? But who knows, I really dont have any problems with this rom, and also with new update of this Ivan`s rom after these steps...

@spaxon thanks. It is pretty weird. Maybe it is really coincidence and reboots are caused by some specific applications I have in my phone. Because with Mokee 5.0.2 I have not hade any reboot problems but I have battery drain problems by radio standby which should be CM12 related problem. On Ivan 5.1 I do not have battery drain problems but this reboots problems. But still it is better then battery which lasts you only 3 hours in idle :).

Reactions: spaxon