[rom] Ivan's Aosp Lollipop 5.1

Thus, I recommend the trial of the ROM without second thoughts...

many thanks for your detailed feedback.
this is a daily driver ROM for everyone who doesn't use bluetooth connections all the way.
things I miss the most is xposed framework modules. xposed framework is properly installed flashing the .zip and installing the .apk file, but several modules are still uncompatible with lollipop 5.1 [til now].

no bluetooth + no xposed modules = for me is not good as a daily driver.
but I hope that someone like you will be pleased with this ROM.
Ivan's work is absolutely incredible. he lets ours 2012's Mi2 be still updated.

one last word: first bootup bug is fixed with latest release [5.4.14].

The last update works great for me. Since today, no lag, no reboots, alarm for now work. Maybe this last ROM fixed everything ( i don't use bluethoot so i don't know how it work).

I recommend to update to the last version.

Installation method: I Flashed the ROM with CWM 6.0.5.0 and pa_gapps-modular-pico(uni)-5.1-20150315-signed pack. I wiped everything in System 1 (data, cache and dalvic cache), flashed the ROM and Gapps .zip files, rebooted, installed my apps, rebooted again and that was it. Since then, I use the ROM without the slightest problem.
I would like to add that I've never activated TrueDualBoot on my phone, nor changed partition size (at present, I have more than 2GBs free space for apps).

Can you tell me, or someone else, what is the size of your cache partition and how much is free?I want to try the rom but i use a 10mb partition for cache since kitkat doesn't need more to work.You can use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.kuder.diskinfo&hl=en app if you want.

The newest version seems really help with random reboots! I hope it is really solved. But it seems that battery drain faster. I have similar problem then on CM12. Today I have 34% of battery drain by cell standy! Which is pretty high.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikegiord
Where do I find root I searched everywhere but I couldn't find it. It's not in developer setting

Reactions: X4nfire
But I don't have it there.
uploadfromtaptalk1429221037471.png

which recovery would you recommend? CWM or TWRP? Can they both do full wipes and formatting of /system? Can they both backup and restore Lollipop?

Last edited:
A feedback mostly for MI2/S users who are about to / skeptic towards trying Ivan's ROM:
Three days after flashing the 5.4.11 build, I can report that I've faced NO reboots, mic, alarm or any other bugs, no lags or any other minor glitch and generally I am very satisfied with the ROM, which is definitely appropriate for daily use.
Installation method: I Flashed the ROM with CWM 6.0.5.0 and pa_gapps-modular-pico(uni)-5.1-20150315-signed pack. I wiped everything in System 1 (data, cache and dalvic cache), flashed the ROM and Gapps .zip files, rebooted, installed my apps, rebooted again and that was it. Since then, I use the ROM without the slightest problem.
I would like to add that I've never activated TrueDualBoot on my phone, nor changed partition size (at present, I have more than 2GBs free space for apps). Additionally, I haven't tried to install xposed framework.
I also have to admit that I don't use Bluetooth so I cannot say anything about this specific function.
Finally some general comments about the ROM:
I mostly like: its responsiveness, its battery life and the new design
I mostly miss: all sorts of customization options of KitKat (I should to go back to Eclair or Gingerbread versions of android to find such a great lack of customization options).
Last thing: the first boot took a while, since then all following boots are impressively fast, as compared to my previous ROM (KK 4.4.2)
Thus, I recommend the trial of the ROM without second thoughts...

It is nice to see that it is working on your side.

By the way the new rom 5.4.14 works very well like the first one for me. I never had any reboot but I got an alarm problem on the second one 5.4.11 and the new one change this, it is working again.

To all of you that want to test it, use the last rom 5.4.14 and use the method described by Treiliert to install it if you have CWM, I canno't tell for twrp users. But this method works.

Reactions: treiliert
What do you do when you install an update (like moving from 5.4.11 to 5.4.14)? Full wipe and flash, from scratch?

Since the last update I haven't experienced any bugs, except for:
  • Outgoing calls are mentioned as 'Unknown' in call log.
  • Google Messenger app doesn't send sms messages; the preinstalled sms app works though.
Can anyone confirm these as bugs? Other than that, the rom is working perfectly, even bluetooth.

yesterday after install the rom, i've 2 randoms reboots. At this point, i don't know what to do. How its possible to somebody don't have reboots and i yes? using the sames files? i don't get it.

...the new rom 5.4.14 works very well like the first one for me.

...use the method described by Treiliert to install it if you have CWM.

Hi Suspiria,
my major concern about updating is the battery life of the last build. Is it as good as the previous one [5.4.11]? Maybe it's too early to answer this, since you may need some time to check it.
And in order to answer to @IsaacB question, have you followed the usual way to update (wipe cache, dalvik cache, flash Gapps and reboot), another way or did you just make a full wipe and flashed the new update from scratch?

Hi Suspiria,
my major concern about updating is the battery life of the last build. Is it as good as the previous one [5.4.11]? Maybe it's too early to answer this, since you may need some time to check it.
And in order to answer to @IsaacB question, have you followed the usual way to update (wipe cache, dalvik cache, flash Gapps and reboot), another way or did you just make a full wipe and flashed the new update from scratch?
I will report battery life after the week-end but after one day it seems ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: treiliert
@treiliert, I'm only familiar with full wipe and with ota. And I'm guessing this one doesn't get ota updates. Does this mean that every time I flash a new version, I'll lose all my apps and settings?

The newest version seems really help with random reboots! I hope it is really solved. But it seems that battery drain faster. I have similar problem then on CM12. Today I have 34% of battery drain by cell standy! Which is pretty high.
I've the same problem, mobile standby is the biggest battery drainer

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-17-15-54-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-17-15-54-22.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 296
@mikegiord right it is same problem like CM12. Maybe Ivan use kernel from CM12. I really do not like such hight battery drain on this new version and hope Ivan will fix it in next release.

Reactions: mikegiord
every time I flash a new version, I'll lose all my apps and settings?

As I wrote above in my post #144, the usual updating method insists in the following steps:
1. wipe cache
2. wipe dalvic cache (I'm not sure if this is necessary anymore, since android 5.+ doesn't use dalvic)
3. flash update .zip
4. flash Gapps
5. Reboot

However, since I haven't applied the above updating method yet, someone who has should confirm if it works or not.
Generally, there must be a way to update without losing data (or anything else). More experience in this matter is welcome!